House Price Crash Forum

The Gold Bubble

HOLA441
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

was looking at the price of gold chart yesterday and it looks like a classic bubble which is now bursting, it looks like their is a bit of a dead cat bounce too. the gold bugs probably dont want to here this though.

I reckon anything is possible with gold from here so I sold half of what remains of my paper stuff last week. Still got all the physical though.

HOLA443

was looking at the price of gold chart yesterday and it looks like a classic bubble which is now bursting, it looks like their is a bit of a dead cat bounce too. the gold bugs probably dont want to here this though.

Yeah, better stick your money in shares or government gilts. Nothing could possibly go wrong there. They were even saying today on the news that the FTSE could triple over the next 10 years.

HOLA444
HOLA445

yes, it had all the signs of a bubble, although I don't think it was per se (i.e. I don't think people were piling their money in with the deluded belief that it could only go on rising exponentially) - it was more a rational reaction to the low returns and perceived instability of the global financial system

nonetheless, there will no doubt be a reduction in the value of gold now other options such as equities and bonds are offering good rates of return for little perceived risk

HOLA446

This must be one of the worst websites for people trying to predict bubbles.

Property,Stocks,Bonds and Precious Metals have all been touted as major bubbles and yet all of them have done pretty well over the past few years.

All these predictions are useless,somebody will get it right one day.

Unless you are willing to risk your own money to make a profit out of a prediction it is disingenuous to say the least.

HOLA447

Yawn.

Post this in the right place next time (or, preferably, don't bother).

Edited by Errol

HOLA448
HOLA449

I suggest you read the following thread and the article it links to carefully, then you will realise that EVERYTHING is rigged, especially the paper gold market.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=190091

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/everything-is-rigged-the-biggest-financial-scandal-yet-20130425

Try buying a decent quantity of physical gold right now and you will realise the paper gold price bears no relation to the demand for physical gold.

HOLA4410

I suggest you read the following thread and the article it links to carefully, then you will realise that EVERYTHING is rigged, especially the paper gold market.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=190091

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/everything-is-rigged-the-biggest-financial-scandal-yet-20130425

Try buying a decent quantity of physical gold right now and you will realise the paper gold price bears no relation to the demand for physical gold.

http://www.goldline.co.uk/bullionCoinsPage.page

Goldline selling 1oz kangeroos etc for £927

BTW I do think you will be correct soon enough, just not right now. I've done very well with paper gold but I want to be fully out of it soon and will only then keep physical.

HOLA4411

Goldline selling 1oz kangeroos etc for £927

Try calling them and ask them how many you can buy right away for immediate delivery...

Of course the physical gold price is the same as the paper gold price, but you will find hardly anyone selling any physical at the current price, hence there are long waiting times for any decent quantity.

---

Edited by The Eagle

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I would... Only I'd feel a bit of a fool if they offered 10oz and I then had to say I didn't want them.

O please, that's a cheap excuse, you could always say you need to think about it and will call them back.

Anyway only 10oz in stock for immediate delivery would be very little for a well known dealer like Baird/Goldline.

HOLA4416

I hope golds fall takes silver with it so I can buy some more at lower prices.

I have been looking at silver and it does not seem that bad value.

The 24000 tonnes mined globally in a year can be bought at current prices for £11 billion which is not a lot relative to values placed on other "stuff".

Some infographics on silver can be seen at:

http://demoncracy.info/infographics/world/silver/silver.html

At the bottom they feel silver in existence on earth is 777000 tonnes, but not that easy to recover as it is mostly in lots of small items like tableware, jewellery, coins etc

777000 tonnes at current prices works out at approx £356 billion. This is approx 7.15% of the total value of UK houses takeing a value of approx £5 trillion.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

This was written at the start of 2012 and is pretty good on bubbles.

Whilst not claiming to be predictive here is the gold graph of the time in which the author sees a bubble:

The Bear Camp (including Nouriel Roubini for example), argue that Gold is (or was) a hyperbolic bubble that is about to (or already has?) burst:

Roubini-Gold-vs-Nasdq-300x210.png

Well it's not happening as quickly as that graph but it's getting there.

http://www.econmatters.com/2012/01/did-silver-bubble-burst.html

HOLA4420

You are so right.

I've sold all my gold and silver and have bought AAPL, FTSE, NS&I and a BTL portfolio. The world's problems are over, and we are in for a period of growth and stability the likes of which we haven't seen since the end of the cold war!

Nothing can possibly go wrong!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4421

What has happened to make it all better. We still have an ageing population, a huge debt, dodgy banks, a dumb public, a pumped up housing market, an unfunded public sector and a useless government. To me its looks like a ploy to get mugs into equities and move the smart money into physical metal before a meltdown.

HOLA4422

The wool has been pulled over your eyes if you think people should sell their gold. Have a good look around and tell me what has fundamentally changed for gold and silver since this crisis began. Are we still suffering negative real interest rates? Is there any prospect to grow our way out of this calamity? Is wealth being stolen from failing countries? Do you think they'll stop printing money in the hope of staving off banking insolvency? Really... think about what you're saying. The only problem here is people have stopped thinking for themselves and believe the MSM, when they declare up is down and black is white.

Gold is a monetary asset, it is not a commodity, if that were the case then central banks would not be buying the stuff in earnest. Watch what they do, don't listen to what they say.

The real bubbles are the stock and bond market, if you can't see that then c'est la vie. My advice, is be your own central bank.

HOLA4423

You are so right.

I've sold all my gold and silver and have bought AAPL, FTSE, NS&I and a BTL portfolio. The world's problems are over, and we are in for a period of growth and stability the likes of which we haven't seen since the end of the cold war!

Nothing can possibly go wrong!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Everything is just dandy.

The economic indicators in the US are weakening or going negative. Retail sales up only 0.01% for April, import/export prices falling, mortgage applications down, New York Empire State Manufacturing Survey minus 1.4%, producer prices falling 0.07%, industrial production down 0.5%, jobless claims up 32,000, CPI going negative for the second month in a row. A trillion dollar tax rise for 80 million Americans by Obama, which is going to do wonders for the economy. :lol: The US printing $85 billion and Japan printing $68 billion a month, not to mention, in the last month, Central Banks have been cutting rates. The EU, which has been in official recession every quarter since late 2011, cut its rate to 0.5% the others were Israel, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, South Korea, Poland, Turkey, Australia, India, Denmark, Hungary, Belarus. Hey things are booming.

Edited by Take Me Back To London!