HOLA441
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Ending sentences with "Or?"

It's something i do on occasion which irks me.

Do you want to go out tonight , or?

Starting sentences with LOOK ......politicians are good at that, after they have said that I then lose all interest with the rest they have to say......I am looking and I don't see anything....looking has not SOLD it to me. ;)

Edited by winkie

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

"the Elephant in the room"

I've never seen an elephant in the room. But given the number of times the phrase is used, I assume everyone else sees them many times a day. I'll keep looking though.

And I don't even understand it. If I saw an elephant in the room I would be so excited I would be telling everyone about it, wouldn't you?

Trouble is you might see an Elephant in the room and you can try your best to point it out to everybody but no matter how loud you shout or how persuasive you try and be many will not see it.

I have seen a few Elephants in the room in my time and have found trying to get people to see them very frustrating at.

HOLA447

I've never seen an elephant in the room. But given the number of times the phrase is used, I assume everyone else sees them many times a day. I'll keep looking though.

And I don't even understand it. If I saw an elephant in the room I would be so excited I would be telling everyone about it, wouldn't you?

Trouble is you might see an Elephant in the room and you can try your best to point it out to everybody but no matter how loud you shout or how persuasive you try and be many will not see it.

I have seen a few Elephants in the room in my time and have found trying to get people to see them very frustrating at.

HOLA448

HOLA449

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

"Get on with your life" - spend six times the mean local salary on a one-bedroom flat that you'd be hard-pressed to share with a partner, never mind raise a family in. Oh, plus end up trapped in for years when you end up in negative equity.

"I'm not trying to be funny but..." - this seems to mean "I'm about to be an utter c0ck in your general direction but I don't want you to take it badly."

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424