House Price Crash Forum

Re Teacher Sent Lewd Texts To Boy, 14, 'leaving No Doubt What She Would Like To Do'

interestrateripoff

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036650/RE-teacher-Kathryn-Roach-sent-lewd-sex-texts-boy-14.html

Boy entered his number into teacher's phone

She exchanged 'substantial number' of texts with him

Teacher must now sign sex offenders' register

Warned she may also face prison sentence

Yet another young teacher in trouble.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I hate the way these days they describe any common or garden job as a 'career'

a 24 year old R.E. teacher does not have a career - it does not lead to riches, it does not lead to responsibility and power, well not anymore it doesn't anyway...

HOLA445

I hate the way these days they describe any common or garden job as a 'career'

a 24 year old R.E. teacher does not have a career - it does not lead to riches, it does not lead to responsibility and power, well not anymore it doesn't anyway...

So teaching isn't a career? :huh:

HOLA446

So teaching isn't a career? :huh:

no, you are twisting my words

the only way it can be a career (in my preferred usage) is if you go into higher roles - deputy head, head of department, is a career

Career is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as a person's "course or progress through life (or a distinct portion of life)". It is usually considered to pertain to remunerative work (and sometimes also formal education).

'teacher' is a job, a good job, but nevertheless a job, not a course thru life with associated ambitions, especially an R.E. teacher

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

no, you are twisting my words

the only way it can be a career (in my preferred usage) is if you go into higher roles - deputy head, head of department, is a career

'teacher' is a job, a good job, but nevertheless a job, not a course thru life with associated ambitions, especially an R.E. teacher

ca·reer/kəˈri(ə)r/

Noun: An occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life and with opportunities for progress.

Teaching sounds like a career to me.

HOLA4410

ca·reer/kəˈri(ə)r/

Noun: An occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life and with opportunities for progress.

Teaching sounds like a career to me.

"and with opportunities for progress."

really?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I love when guys comment on women being 'ok' or 'not bad' as usually they're full of tosh. Not for the first time I've heard men say that, then I meet their girlfriend/wife and think 'what is he on about, your partner is much worse looking than these women you rubbish'!!

No doubt about it, you would (with regard to that teacher)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Archived