House Price Crash Forum

What's The Game Plan?

HOLA441

5 years ago this forum was spot on. House prices have crashed in real terms; the gold bugs were pretty accurate; Bank failures occured on an epic scale, and helicopter ben reacted as predicted.

So where now?

The Euro is going to disintegrate. Soveriegn liabilities will finally kill the dollar as the Yuan rises and Brazil becomes the US of the south. Gold reaches 6000 dollars (purely as a reflection of the worthlessness of the dollar. Riots in UK are averted by a semi police state, and foreign travel starts to become limited as states become more hostile to each other.

The game plan? An orwellian state of mega players. Eurasia, Oceania (US and UK), China, Brazilia all fighting for resources on foreign soils (poor old Africa).

HOLA442

5 years ago this forum was spot on. House prices have crashed in real terms; the gold bugs were pretty accurate; Bank failures occured on an epic scale, and helicopter ben reacted as predicted.

So where now?

The Euro is going to disintegrate. Soveriegn liabilities will finally kill the dollar as the Yuan rises and Brazil becomes the US of the south. Gold reaches 6000 dollars (purely as a reflection of the worthlessness of the dollar. Riots in UK are averted by a semi police state, and foreign travel starts to become limited as states become more hostile to each other.

The game plan? An orwellian state of mega players. Eurasia, Oceania (US and UK), China, Brazilia all fighting for resources on foreign soils (poor old Africa).

Quiet financial default through a weak pound, low interest rates and higher inflation than the last decade

Low nominal falls in house prices but big real falls

RPI annual rates since 1949

All 5.6 %

Last 40 years 6.0 %

Last 30 years 4.6 %

Last 20 years 3.2 %

1950s 4.3 %

1960s 3.5 %

1970s 12.6 %

1980s 7.5 %

1990s 3.7 %

2000s 2.6 %

Inflation will be at 1970-1980s level and eventually interest rates will catch up and stop being negative

HOLA443

I’ve just been doing some rough gold calcs – practically quadrupled in sterling terms in just 3 years  wish I’d had lumped (a lot) more in.

2/3 years from now for it to do the same again seems a little far fetched though, it’d be like you say $6000, I’d guess the pound would be stronger (maybe) but that’s still a tenfold jump in just 5/6 years in GBP terms. I could see a new currency introduced or restricted trading being introduced if it goes over $3k.

It’s certainly looking like a Huxwellian future in terms of these currency monoliths. Feed the populous junk news (x factor, hacking ‘scandals’) while hiding the atrocities in (places like you mention) Africa. Have the people got enough gall to revolt? It’d take China to topple or give in but I still think the nuke card is a trump card for the West (people are easily bought).

HOLA444

So where now?

:lol:

Have you ever been there?

They've got everything going for them in terms of natural resources. Culturally they're sh1te, still 3rd world, since only the rich get a decent education they've got no chance of becoming the next US. The country will get richer off the back of those natural resources and the banksters are just now raping the populace with a property bubble like they've done in much of the Western world, but it will never be the economic giant that it should be.

Apart from that, the other stuff in your post is semi-feasible.

HOLA445

Have you ever been there?

They've got everything going for them in terms of natural resources. Culturally they're sh1te, still 3rd world, since only the rich get a decent education they've got no chance of becoming the next US.

Same as the UK

I work at a private school - in Britain money is already needed to buy a good education.

Camoron is determined to cut the ladder away for poor but clever pleb kids, witness:

1. Increasing university tuition fees from £3000 to £9000pa - and the rich can pay back faster to avoid that nasty compound interest thingy

2. Scrapping EMA

3. State schools and colleges are having their budgets cut, e.g 6th form colleges now have to deliver an AS Level course in 4 hours per week rather than 5.

4. The dyslexia scam - rich buy extra time.(you have to pay > £300 to get tested - so there aren't too many dyslexics that come from places like Tower Hamlets, but loads from Surrey)

Plebs must not be allowed to compete fairly against the rich kids

HOLA446

I’ve just been doing some rough gold calcs – practically quadrupled in sterling terms in just 3 years  wish I’d had lumped (a lot) more in.

So do I, but I am grateful to some on this forum who advised me about buying gold, some time ago, else i wouldn't of even had the bit of gold I have now.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Same as the UK

I work at a private school - in Britain money is already needed to buy a good education.

Camoron is determined to cut the ladder away for poor but clever pleb kids, witness:

1. Increasing university tuition fees from £3000 to £9000pa - and the rich can pay back faster to avoid that nasty compound interest thingy

2. Scrapping EMA

3. State schools and colleges are having their budgets cut, e.g 6th form colleges now have to deliver an AS Level course in 4 hours per week rather than 5.

4. The dyslexia scam - rich buy extra time.(you have to pay > £300 to get tested - so there aren't too many dyslexics that come from places like Tower Hamlets, but loads from Surrey)

Shock, Horror... rich kids get a better deal in life than poor ones... only been going on for, oh emmm, the last 2000 years or so.

HOLA449

2/3 years from now for it to do the same again seems a little far fetched though, it’d be like you say $6000, I’d guess the pound would be stronger (maybe) but that’s still a tenfold jump in just 5/6 years in GBP terms. I could see a new currency introduced or restricted trading being introduced if it goes over $3k.

It’s certainly looking like a Huxwellian future in terms of these currency monoliths. Feed the populous junk news (x factor, hacking ‘scandals’) while hiding the atrocities in (places like you mention) Africa. Have the people got enough gall to revolt? It’d take China to topple or give in but I still think the nuke card is a trump card for the West (people are easily bought).

What is gold's fundamental value? I've yet to hear anyone give a compelling answer; it has no p/e ratio. The only thing that shifts it's demand curve is people's willingness to believe in it - it is a faith based investment. As such the sky is the limit for gold and the reason it has performed so well recently is that is has come from an historic low in the late nineties while with the exception of property (!) there have been few other worthwhile asset class in the last ten years.

As for the rest, much inflation, much printing, defaults for the 'little people', fudged deals that are defacto defaults for the big boys, a restructuring in the euro-zone and 'business as usual' and brave faces all round. But prediction is hard, especially about the future.

HOLA4410

How long before governments undertake massive tax grabs on precious metals? They are going to look ever more tempting the higher they get...

HOLA4411

Next 10-20 years...a rise in right wing neofacist parties across europe caused by decreasing living standard, hyperinflation and/or collapse of the Euro/Pound and sky high commodity prices.

Too many people in europe being bled dry by a handful, expect some trouble.

Europes never been so peaceful for so long...

If a war comes...your over-priced house is worth ****-all.

HOLA4412

What is gold's fundamental value? I've yet to hear anyone give a compelling answer; it has no p/e ratio. The only thing that shifts it's demand curve is people's willingness to believe in it - it is a faith based investment. As such the sky is the limit for gold and the reason it has performed so well recently is that is has come from an historic low in the late nineties while with the exception of property (!) there have been few other worthwhile asset class in the last ten years.

Except faith is pretty much the bedrock of almost everything traded. Faith that oil will still be used faith that people will behave in a certain way etc.

The non-believers climbed for days to confront the master in the mountains. "Where do you get your so-called faith?" they asked. "You brought it," the master replied. "You've all climbed so high."

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Next 10-20 years...a rise in right wing neofacist parties across europe caused by decreasing living standard, hyperinflation and/or collapse of the Euro/Pound and sky high commodity prices.

Too many people in europe being bled dry by a handful, expect some trouble.

Europes never been so peaceful for so long...

If a war comes...your over-priced house is worth ****-all.

Society collapses...we all hunt each other across the supermarket car parks with air rifles looted from Argos and ASDA steak knives...

...the UK comes to resemble some mad crossover between "The Road" and "Property Ladder"

:lol::blink::huh::(:o

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Society collapses...we all hunt each other across the supermarket car parks with air rifles looted from Argos and ASDA steak knives...

...the UK comes to resemble some mad crossover between "The Road" and "Property Ladder"

:lol::blink::huh::(:o

Society didnt collpase in Pre-war Nazi Germany , it got better !!!

The war didn't help matters much though :lol:

HOLA4419

Well if it gets that bad when you need gold to survive we will all be in the s**t together, because few people have gold.....and once those that have sold what little they have to buy food...what then?.... ;)

I think even the gold rampers know that if it goes all mad max then their gold is worth f all.

However, if it’s just another adjustment period in history, then it’s looking like they could be a lot richer than they otherwise would’ve been if they’d have kept in fiat currency.

I might go and buy some more later, that’ll crash their party.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Same as the UK

2. Scrapping EMA

But as all on HPC know, plebs are lazy scroungers and deserve everything they are going to get. :)

HOLA4422

Seems like no-one is going to put down their 2 year game plan in this thread, just keep saying how f**ked things are right now, and how well they done selling their house, renting, and buying gold. ;)

Cool story bro.

HOLA4423

Exactly, it's not gold you'll need it's ammo and weapons.

Yes, there's something quite comforting about having a 12 bore and 2000 rounds in the flat in north London.

If they wont let me buy canned foods with my gold I guess I'll just have to rob them ;)

HOLA4424

Seems like no-one is going to put down their 2 year game plan in this thread, just keep saying how f**ked things are right now, and how well they done selling their house, renting, and buying gold. ;)

Cool story bro.

Thats about 25% of all HPC threads, the rest are all variations of:

- how the liebour party have fecked up the UK

- I hate foreigners/benefit scroungers/landlords/northerners/southerners* (*delete as appropriate)

- HOW MUCH for that house?!?!?

HOLA4425

Yep.. though from memory the £300 used to be reimbursed (and more) in the form of the free top-spec computer they would give you.