House Price Crash Forum

Halifax Yoy Crash Speed In Most Of Southern Half Of Uk

Si1

HOLA441

http://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/media1/research/regional_house_price_map_page.asp

crash-speed falls YoY:

Greater London

Annual Change: -5.6%

East Anglia

Annual Change: -5.7%

The East Midlands

Annual Change: -2.3%

The West Midlands

Annual Change: -5.3%

------------------------

more or less flat:

Wales

Annual Change: +0.1%

The South West

Annual Change: -1.0%

The South East

Annual Change: +0.2%

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

But London is immune surely?

:blink:

http://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/media1/research/regional_house_price_map_page.asp

crash-speed falls YoY:

Greater London

Annual Change: -5.6%

East Anglia

Annual Change: -5.7%

The East Midlands

Annual Change: -2.3%

The West Midlands

Annual Change: -5.3%

------------------------

more or less flat:

Wales

Annual Change: +0.1%

The South West

Annual Change: -1.0%

The South East

Annual Change: +0.2%

HOLA4411

haliwide index based on their own mortgage approvals.quite simply,if it's tanking,tehn they don't lend on it,ergo,it won't have gone down.

having said that,the northern figures are like trying to hide a bloodbath with a bloodbath.

gadzooks...........check out northern ireland qoq -17.4% :ph34r:

tin foil hats on,heads down,bank balance sheet impairments and consequential constriction of mortgage lending inbound.

I think price to wage ratio of some of the more expensive parts of wales have got to be some of the biggest in the country. And like you say the banks are not lending so transaction levels are very small which are scewing the number`s

I See Wales as a land in limbo as only the equity rich can afford to move and it those that are scewing the number`s ,there is definitely a two terr market at the moment the bottom is going down rapidly [ BTL is bailing out /repoed] but the top end is still trading in la la land and the middle is in limbo with nowhere to go as the bottom have not got the equity to move up and the middle cant drop to allow the bottom to buy as they will not have the equity to move to the top

Straws and a drowning man comes to mind

HOLA4412

I think price to wage ratio of some of the more expensive parts of wales have got to be some of the biggest in the country. And like you say the banks are not lending so transaction levels are very small which are scewing the number`s

I See Wales as a land in limbo as only the equity rich can afford to move and it those that are scewing the number`s ,there is definitely a two terr market at the moment the bottom is going down rapidly [ BTL is bailing out /repoed] but the top end is still trading in la la land and the middle is in limbo with nowhere to go as the bottom have not got the equity to move up and the middle cant drop to allow the bottom to buy as they will not have the equity to move to the top

Straws and a drowning man comes to mind

This is what I am seeing as well, I’m hoping that the middle market will start to drop soon which should have a massive effect on the lower end.

HOLA4413

I can't help thinking these stats are a bit dodgy.

The Scotland figures (up 7.1% QoQ) seem odd, and the London figure seems to go against all the other indices.

The fact that NI is down 17% QoQ but down by [forget the exact percentage, but by single figures] annually just seems wrong.

I would like to believe the stats, but I don't.

HOLA4414

Greater London showing -5.6%, North West -1.6%. So much for the BBC hype and propaganda about la la land (London) "booming." I assume the outer boroughs are dragging the rest down.

No mention at all from the BBC who are cross, because the retail figures were good.

HOLA4415

There's way too much noise in these figures to be taken seriously, probably due to the ever decreasing sample size.

IMHO, although they lag significantly, the Land Reg figures are the only ones to trust.

Rightmove is flawed, but is still a reasonable sentiment guide.

HOLA4416

I can't help thinking these stats are a bit dodgy.

The Scotland figures (up 7.1% QoQ) seem odd, and the London figure seems to go against all the other indices.

The fact that NI is down 17% QoQ but down by [forget the exact percentage, but by single figures] annually just seems wrong.

I would like to believe the stats, but I don't.

the yoy can be lower than the qoq if the following quarters a year ago saw rises, this indicates that the coming quarters will show much bigger yoy drops even if the qoq drops aren't spectacular.

HOLA4417

There's way too much noise in these figures to be taken seriously, probably due to the ever decreasing sample size.

IMHO, although they lag significantly, the Land Reg figures are the only ones to trust.

Rightmove is flawed, but is still a reasonable sentiment guide.

I don't think they are much better.

If you buy a wreck for 200k, spend 200k on it and sell it for 400k, it will appear in the LR as having doubled in price. In these days of low volumes, these sort of houses will skew the figures as well.

HOLA4418

But London is immune surely?

:blink:

Nothing is immune.......falls will come allover the place, just where and to what extent.....it will come to even the best of us....what goes up must come down, this is not all bad just a healthy re-balance, good for the economy, good for the future and will bring with it a better and healthier real re-set of growth our children can benefit from. ;)

HOLA4419

Nothing is immune.......falls will come allover the place, just where and to what extent.....it will come to even the best of us....what goes up must come down, this is not all bad just a healthy re-balance, good for the economy, good for the future and will bring with it a better and healthier real re-set of growth our children can benefit from. ;)

Well yes, that's what I said ;)

Edited by MinceBalls

HOLA4420

the yoy can be lower than the qoq if the following quarters a year ago saw rises, this indicates that the coming quarters will show much bigger yoy drops even if the qoq drops aren't spectacular.

I appreciate that, but the NI figures in particular just don't look believable. For a 17% QoQ drop paired with a 6% YoY drop, there would have had to be an 11%-ish bounce in NI at some point in the last year. I would be very surprised if this had happened.

HOLA4421

This is what I am seeing as well, I’m hoping that the middle market will start to drop soon which should have a massive effect on the lower end.

The trouble is the top has got to drop for the middle to have somewhere to go but the bottom will carry on dropping and sooner or later the rest will follow and the longer it stays the way it is the quicker they will fall when the time comes

I can see by the right move search area I do that there have been a maximum of 27 house`s sold in a month since September and that between 10 EA`s if you include two postcodes you are only looking at 35 transactions between 14 EA

I'm drawing the conclusion that the writing is on the wall for them as I see more going into the letting game and advertising we are desperately seeking landlord`s so they will be soon cutting each other`s tthroats on the fees for the BTL game

You can now smell the fear

HOLA4422

I don't think they are much better.

If you buy a wreck for 200k, spend 200k on it and sell it for 400k, it will appear in the LR as having doubled in price. In these days of low volumes, these sort of houses will skew the figures as well.

Agreed, but why do discussions about small transaction numbers skewing the figures only seem to apply to them rising? Shirley low volumes could also give an artificially low MoM figure?

HOLA4423

I do searches over a pretty wide area out of interest (although am only really considering Bedford +15 miles) and id say re: east anglia Norfolk and north Suffolk have noticeably dropped, South Suffolk and Essex stood still, Northamptonshire maybe up slightly. Anything near Cambridge no matter how sh1tty seems to fly off the shelves.

HOLA4424

Scotland +7.1% for the quarter....... what on Earth!? ccc, you reading this!?

And annual chaneg is -6.3%

Who knows. Probably based on a sample of 3 flats on Govan for all we know. :lol:

HOLA4425

I do searches over a pretty wide area out of interest (although am only really considering Bedford +15 miles) and id say re: east anglia Norfolk and north Suffolk have noticeably dropped, South Suffolk and Essex stood still, Northamptonshire maybe up slightly. Anything near Cambridge no matter how sh1tty seems to fly off the shelves.

I keep an eye on Northants, NN1 + 15 miles.

Last year was definitely a good year to sell. This year there's a few going SSTC but plenty coming back on the market, asking prices are a joke, but I'm seeing a massive amount of price reductions at the moment.

I've seen a couple of houses in the last week that almost look desirable and affordable come on the market.