House Price Crash Forum

New Blow For Gordon Ramsay As His Bank Stakes A Claim On His £3M Home

HOLA441

Interesting that this allegedly has happened within days of his alleged break-up from his dad-in-law come business partner/manager.

Gordon Ramsay has suffered another blow to his ailing business and personal pride after his bank took legal steps to stop him selling the family home without their agreement.

Documents seen by the Daily Mail show that the Royal Bank of Scotland is also preventing the celebrity chef from using the £3million property to raise money to pay off his company’s debts.

It is a humiliation for the 43-year-old, whose business empire once spanned four continents and whose face was rarely off TV screens.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1326046/Gordon-Ramsay-suffers-new-blow-bank-stakes-claim-3m-home.html#ixzz14CyyTgil

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Interesting that this allegedly has happened within days of his alleged break-up from his dad-in-law come business partner/manager.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1326046/Gordon-Ramsay-suffers-new-blow-bank-stakes-claim-3m-home.html#ixzz14CyyTgil

Looks like he forgot the first rule of business:

Own your primary residence outright and not in your name.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Looks like he forgot the first rule of business:

Own your primary residence outright and not in your name.

If its partnership breakup, he may have had two choices 1; close up, or 2; secure the debt on his assets.

He may now own ALL of a failing business, which, may be a good thing...We dont know the actualitee of the relationship with father in law.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I wish the man luck in sorting his finances out, he creates a lot of private sector jobs.

Bad business leaders suck as much productivity as government (where you do think the great incapable go to work when their businesses fail?).

We'll still need the restaurant services. Remember it is not business leaders that drive job growth but the need/desire for services. Ramsay out -> someone smarter in.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Bad business leaders suck as much productivity as government (where you do think the great incapable go to work when their businesses fail?).

We'll still need the restaurant services. Remember it is not business leaders that drive job growth but the need/desire for services. Ramsay out -> someone smarter in.

We dont know the ins and outs but many very good entrepreneurs go through times of hardship.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I wish the man luck in sorting his finances out, he creates a lot of private sector jobs.

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment,and he is an entertaining sort of bloke, you just cannot run around in a recession spending money like that.The restaurant sector is one of the worst hit and he isn't immune.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment,and he is an entertaining sort of bloke, you just cannot run around in a recession spending money like that.The restaurant sector is one of the worst hit and he isn't immune.

On the face of it, I for one would agree with you. However, Ramsay was right at the top charging outrageous amounts for fayre. Top top earners have continued to see their earnings not just rise but soar, thanks to Mervyn and Ben etc

Doesn't it make you feel good to know that your taxes are going to keep the 0.1% in the lifestyle they seek?

HOLA4413

On the face of it, I for one would agree with you. However, Ramsay was right at the top charging outrageous amounts for fayre. Top top earners have continued to see their earnings not just rise but soar, thanks to Mervyn and Ben etc

Doesn't it make you feel good to know that your taxes are going to keep the 0.1% in the lifestyle they seek?

We go to a small Bistro type restaurant in a country town.The food there is as good as I have had anywhere,first class local ingredients and a menu where (And this is my criteria) you can order anything,including items you don't much fancy,and it is always excellent.A meal with a bottle of wine usually comes out at about £55,less if there is an offer on.So I personally would have a problem with a three figure tab.Quite simply I can't see that it's worth it.

HOLA4414

I'd agree with that apart from the 0.1%, it seems way too low.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Going by the comments ratings on the article Ramsay appears to be a very unpopular fellow. This might explain his rapid demise. What goes around comes around it would seem. Next stop the soup kitchens.

He does have the unfortunate knack of coming across as a knut of the highest order.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I read somewhere about 2 years ago that he hadn't filed accounts at Companies House for about 2 years. Astonishing. This means that his accounts were unknown for about 3-1/2 years or so at that time. Yet he claimed that the business had a turnover of £110 million, I believe. I also heard that his wife's father was running the business, but that may be wrong.

I remember telling my folks then that he must be in big trouble.