House Price Crash Forum

HOLA441

In fairness, if they'd mentioned SkyTV they'd have got it in the neck for that instead. I do sometimes wonder what all the financially savvy people on this site actually do with all the money they've not wasted. Smell it I suppose...

Since when does managing your finances properly imply living like a pauper?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest absolutezero

Combination of low IR, IO and international buyers (£ down 20-30%, Greek/Russian/Asian buyers) seems to be keeping Prime London HPI going. As an example I've just found out that the neighbour of a friend has just sold his flat in zone 1 for £835k. My friend bought hers (identical, I joined her on viewings for for both) £610k last summer. Equates to annual HPI of 37% :o:o

There seems to be no limit to the madness in Zone 1 atm. :(

Meanwhile, North of Watford Gap....

HOLA443

Should one of them fall ill or get pregnant, they have already made the big sacrifices like no parma ham, so what next... bankruptcy?

Don't worry, the chances of a early 30s female falling pregnant must be...............

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

tried some parma ham last week

whats the fuss? the only flavour i got from it was salt

sticks in your teeth too.

and those vines....you just take them off.

AFAIK, ALL tomatoes grow on a vine.

HOLA448

“When I saw the article about the OECD forecast I turned the page and hoped it would go away. I am alarmed. Surely the Bank will keep the rate low long enough for people to sort out their finances? The trouble is people now plan their life and their income around a 0.5 per cent interest rate.”

What numpties. And the article talks about interest rates of 3.5% as if that is extortionate. Try 17% as we had in the early 80's

HOLA449

sticks in your teeth too.

and those vines....you just take them off.

AFAIK, ALL tomatoes grow on a vine.

I once watched a bloke removing the bit of stalk from the apples he was buying in Tesco to get the weight down.

I knew then I wasn't trying hard enough.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I suspect you never tried the real thing, dude...

prosciutto-300x224.jpg

There are a few things Italy does well, and Parma is definitely one of them :)

I suspect you are right...the parma I had mostly was in a Spanish hotel....stringy bits like floss remained.

HOLA4413

You see stupid, I see desperate.

But it’s the inverted snobbery that irritates me more than anything else, normal couple who can’t afford a flat without maxing out, mentioned Parma ******ing ham, and suddenly its Man the barricades the bourgeois are coming.

So true. Putting it into context, these are the things this couple saw as luxuries (paid for from their OWN income) that they have now had to forego. Tell me how many 'lifestyle' benefit claimants you all think have cut down on things such as 8 cans of wifebeater per night and 40 Benny Hedgehogs a day, not to mention all the other 'treats' they feel entitled to like a bag of weed or coke a day all paid for by the rest of society?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Tchh such a phillistine! Everyone knows perfectly well they mean a vine ripened tomato-distinctive difference in flavour I think you will find. :rolleyes:

ALL tomiatos in France taste like that.

Im sure UK tomatos are great, then elf and saftey remove the flavour...dont want anyone having a mouth orgasm and heart attack.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

ALL tomiatos in France taste like that.

Im sure UK tomatos are great, then elf and saftey remove the flavour...dont want anyone having a mouth orgasm and heart attack.

Nah, they get picked when they are still bright green usually then left to sweat in the plastic packaging dougggy mentioned. I have to say I don't buy that many as I grow a lot of my own, however I can understand why ppl would prefer the vine ripened ones if possible. Our local (decidedly unsnobby) greengrocers sell them for not a great deal more than the 'normal' ones so I am not sure why all the fuss to be perfectly honest.

When you compare that sort of extra luxury to what your average Mum n Dad Chav spends on beer and tabs I can only assume that those having a go about this are just jealous that they have no such discerning taste or class to speak of.....

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Nah, they get picked when they are still bright green usually then left to sweat in the plastic packaging dougggy mentioned. I have to say I don't buy that many as I grow a lot of my own, however I can understand why ppl would prefer the vine ripened ones if possible. Our local (decidedly unsnobby) greengrocers sell them for not a great deal more than the 'normal' ones so I am not sure why all the fuss to be perfectly honest.

When you compare that sort of extra luxury to what your average Mum n Dad Chav spends on beer and tabs I can only assume that those having a go about this are just jealous that they have no such discerning taste or class to speak of.....

nah, elf and saftey. deffo.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425