House Price Crash Forum

Guess What The Engineer Of A No More Bust Economy Has Just Done?

Guest KingCharles1st

HOLA441
Guest KingCharles1st

"The summit will discuss the thorny issue of when to turn off the tap on the "fiscal stimulus" packages, agreed at the last G20 summit in London in April which is pumping one trillion dollars of government support into the global economy.

Mr Brown said he remained concerned that reining them in before recovery is securely in place could choke off growth and tip the global economy back into recession. "We don't yet have a recovery. The recovery is not automatic," he said."

No shit Sherlock.

Not content to limit exposure of his ******* self to the UK

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest KingCharles1st
is he admitting the GDP measure is a manipulated fraud?

I think one has to liken it to running a bath, it helps greatly if one puts the plug in first.

Mr Brown has yet to realise this. The empty bath is full of nothing, a bit like our economy.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
I get the impression he doesn't think things through. he will carry on doing something until forced to stop.

He is mentally ill and needs to be removed from office.

this line of thought is perfectly logical if you beleive jobs are the be all and end all. stimulate and keep people in jobs....thats the aim, the price is worth paying... same as homeowners....keep them in their homes....the price is worth paying.

it is of course unsustainable....this thinking is not NULabour, it is OldLabour left wing Commie thinking.

HOLA449
this line of thought is perfectly logical if you beleive jobs are the be all and end all. stimulate and keep people in jobs....thats the aim, the price is worth paying... same as homeowners....keep them in their homes....the price is worth paying.

it is of course unsustainable....this thinking is not NULabour, it is OldLabour left wing Commie thinking.

But, but... We could have kept people in their homes by commiting to rebuild decent social housing for hard working families who would be hard working families had we sorted the benefits system and education out. Wah and meh. Gordon Brown's 'legacy' makes me throw up in my mouth.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
GB see support for the economy right up till 2011. He said so. Live on TV. I really do not think he meant to let it slip...but he said it.

Mystic Merv will announce more printy in the comming months.

so you think the banks are still broke....how does helping them with QE help the real economy? QE remains on deposit...its not in the wild.

HOLA4412
Guest KingCharles1st
so you think the banks are still broke....how does helping them with QE help the real economy? QE remains on deposit...its not in the wild.

Maybe they're saving up for something....

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Brown knows his only hope of standing a chance at the next general election is the economy. Artificial recovery is now a political lever.....no doubt the whole British economy will collapse once we start paying off this debt.

the thing is, the economy wont collapse...it wont fail....it will reduce to a sustainable level. there will be some shuffling around of wealth, some debt will go unpaid, jobs will go, but in a year or two, we'll be fitter and leaner.

all this is seen as EVIL by Nulab propagandists. indeed, even the other parties cant stomach it. imagine...cutting Public sector benefits and salaries....imagine NOT paying these Public sector their golden redundancies....

Imagine houses at not much more than what most people can pay without borrowing.

Edited by Bloo Loo

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
He needs sectioning. Before he can do any more damage.

Not as easy as you'd think. Unlike we plebs, who have to make do with the bog standard mental health service, MPs have constructed the Mental Health Act in such a way that they get a (theoretically) gold-standard service just for themselves. If the question of Sectioning an MP arises, the local shrinks can't do it; under the MHA it's the duty of the current President of The Royal College of Psychiatrists to locate 2 senior shrinks, by which they mean eminent Professors & the like, to do the deed. This can take some doing...

OTOH, the only bit that elicits any sympathy from me is that if they are Sectioned on an order lasting 6 months or more, under Section 141 of the MHA an MP automatically loses his/her seat in Parliament if detained for a period of six months or more. By contrast there are no provisions to remove an MP if he or she suffers from a physical illness, even if the illness (e.g., a serious stroke or cancer) is very debilitating and substantially affects the person's ability to perform their parliamentary functions. They also lose the right to ever be an MP again, even if they make a complete recovery, this being one of the most glaring examples of discrimination on the grounds of mental ill-health.

Edited by Shrink Proof

HOLA4418
Brown knows his only hope of standing a chance at the next general election is the economy. Artificial recovery is now a political lever.....no doubt the whole British economy will collapse once we start paying off this debt.

I won't disagree with that, because I think you are right, but I don't get it. If there was a recovery, artificial or not, and it was to win him the next election, then what? Everything would be completley fooked, and GB would be at the start of another term, trying to sort it out. Why would he put himself in that position?

HOLA4419
... Imagine houses at not much more than what most people can pay without borrowing.

Never going to happen I'm afraid.

There will always be those who can gain access to the means to extract the workers' suplus income.

Normally those who already have it.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Why would he put himself in that position?

Because he's not thinking that far ahead. The prime ministership is his Moby Dick - nothing else matters (even what he'll do once he's got it). He thinks he can pull off a John Major and win another term. He will have to be dragged kicking and screaming out of Downing St.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
I won't disagree with that, because I think you are right, but I don't get it. If there was a recovery, artificial or not, and it was to win him the next election, then what? Everything would be completley fooked, and GB would be at the start of another term, trying to sort it out. Why would he put himself in that position?

Because he still believes that he can resolve this mess and he doesn't want to be the man who destroyed the Labour party. The sad thing is that the UK is going to be stuck with this mess for half a century because we honestly thought borrowing huge sums of money on over inflated property was a good thing.,,,,Brown still thinks it is.

I can't see property ever becoming affordable to the average working person. Wages are too low and property still too expensive. In fact wages now are falling at a faster rate than property prices and this together with rising unemployment can't be a good thing.

A conservative government is not going to make things better, in fact they may even make things worse. Those landlords with huge sums of cash are now buying up even bigger property portfolios making it even harder for first time buyers....I can't see a conservative government wanting to curb the property market. Also those donating to the conservative party also hold huge PFI contracts....so again I can't see any radical curbs on public expenditure.

The UK must return to its roots and start delivering service without the need for private finance. Zero management but amazing front line services provided by state employed workers and not contractors. Too many private companies making too much money from the tax payer. Everyone who works full time should be in a position to buy a house, it is not acceptable to have millions of people reliant on housing associations for housing...which are private companies.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425