House Price Crash Forum

Can Someone Turn Off The Good News !

HOLA441

The pound up 4 cents in 48 hours, I've just got a bonus, a guaranteed rate cut next month to inject new life in the housing market and STILL I mean god forbid STILL no flippin house price crash - deep breath DM's deep breaths

I guess you lot are in so deep you can't afford to believe you're still wrong !

Jog on

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
a guaranteed rate cut next month

Is your other name mervyn King? No? well seen figures on inflation recently? Not good for those hoping for a cut, indeed, my money woyuld be on a raise, after all the frigging they have done with the figures and they still cant keep inflation in the middle of their targets. Shame is, no matter how hard you try and cover up the indicators, the deep down problems will persist. Like Stagflation. Ooh, hope you havent geared on your property too much, otherwise mortgage is likely to go bye-bye....

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
The pound up 4 cents in 48 hours, I've just got a bonus, a guaranteed rate cut next month to inject new life in the housing market and STILL I mean god forbid STILL no flippin house price crash - deep breath DM's deep breaths

Jog on

Perplexed is an apt name for you. Ostriche head would be another good one.

HOLA447

Jog on

What sort of food do Trolls like?

Nomadd

HOLA448

we've seen the dollar tank tuesday for several reasons including (but not limited to).

a] profit taking.

b] Dr Bubbs rumour re the Chineses credit line problen is now circulating widely - if the chinese start to experience real problems they may fall back on thier VAST store of greenbacks.

c] the markets are now pricing in a UK interest rate RISE

hence the £ strengthening.

the profit taking is likely to reverse soon and the new short term trend of dollar up is likely to resume.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
So tell us, what is the good news on the economy?!

If there was good news on the economy, then interest rates would be going up. We need bad economic news to have any prospect of interest rates going down.

No wonder he's 'Perplexed'.

HOLA4412

the multi trillion currency markets are driven by speculators, not govts or 'real' companies hedging for production needs.

Anyone dont agree, go argue with George Soros.

the rate's been adjusting since I gave a heads up some weeks ago as it readied to push thru 0.56.

Part of that pressure is speculators 'betting' that the gap between UK irs and US irs will continue to narrow, and that any money seeking a 'home' will prefer the greenback at 4% to the £ at 4.75 (as would I, if I didnt live here).

This will, in the run up to year end, put ENORMOUS pressure on the BOE to raise rates because the alternative is to let the pound collapse and the UK suffer instant inflation way over the 3% level.

We have 'gotten used' to a gbp dollar of almost 2 to the pound over the last 18 months. And we STILL can't keep our inflation below 2%.

Imagine what will happen when all our dollar-denom imports suddenly add another 5%.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

The pound now down 2 big numbers ($0.02) in less than 24 hours.

Is that still good news Perplexed? That surely must mean a rate reduction :blink:

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4416

"a guaranteed rate cut next month to inject new life in the housing market "

=================================================

Do you honestly.... can you honestly....

I mean.... can you....

believe...

that reducing the average mortgage by £11 per month

(try the maths for yourself)

will make any difference to FTBs struggling to get on to the

bottom rung of the market ...

or people in semis trying to trade up to better properties... ?

Well, do you ?????

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
we've seen the dollar tank tuesday for several reasons including (but not limited to).

a] profit taking.

b] Dr Bubbs rumour re the Chineses credit line problen is now circulating widely - if the chinese start to experience real problems they may fall back on thier VAST store of greenbacks.

c] the markets are now pricing in a UK interest rate RISE

hence the £ strengthening.

the profit taking is likely to reverse soon and the new short term trend of dollar up is likely to resume.

and now the FTSE has another great day to boost everyone's endowments (the ones sensible enough to get the unit linked babies - my 3 are up 31% last 12 months)

But in response to my fans R U for real ??? An interest rate rise would have the FTSE running - have you seen it ? I just can't wait for the reduction, I cant believe I will have so many people to take the pi$$ out of next month !! But I truly am stunned there are people who think it will rise - utterly stunning ! That would make 95% of London analysts wrong !

As for the amount it will reduce in mortgage payments, this is not the point - its the feelgood factor that it causes - and like it or not low interest rates mean more housing interest

Oh and an earlier one about 'high' inflation ???? Its 2% mate !!!!!!

Jeeze you lot are easy - I'm just waiting for Mad Marina to come up with something incomprehensible and I'll have the set !!

Still you've been waiting so long whats another couple of years huh ?

JOG ON !

HOLA4420
and now the FTSE has another great day to boost everyone's endowments (the ones sensible enough to get the unit linked babies - my 3 are up 31% last 12 months)

You have an endowment?!!!!!! :blink:

Oh dear! I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, but by admitting to that you have just proven that you are a financial muppet of the highest order, willing to believe any old cr*p you are told, providing the advice comes from the mouth of an "expert".

Have you not heard the term "front-end loading" and the effect it can have on the final value of any "investments" you make?

HOLA4421
and now the FTSE has another great day to boost everyone's endowments

Yet more good news to prevent the BoE reducing interest rates, then...

You really don't get it, do you? If you want an interest rate cut, you need to be praying for _BAD_ news.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest Charlie The Tramp
Yet more good news to prevent the BoE reducing interest rates, then...

You really don't get it, do you? If you want an interest rate cut, you need to be praying for _BAD_ news.

Strang the Footsie showed positive signs just before Black Monday. :rolleyes: