House Price Crash Forum

Euro Election

HOLA441

Here is the email I got from UKIP:

UKIP is being inundated with calls from voters complaining that UKIP is not on the ballot paper.

Voting has only been going on for three hours and already hundreds are calling the UK Independence Party to complain that they were not able to vote for the party.

The problem is that Returning Officers have been folding the ballot papers. They have been folding them so that the last two, three or four parties in alphabetical order are hidden when the first fold of the paper is opened. It thus appears that UKIP is not on the ballot paper.

UKIP has already contacted both the Electoral Commission and the Returning Officers on this matter.

But it is important that the news gets out: that voters must make sure they completely unfold the ballot paper. And that Returning Officers and electoral officials must stop folding the ballot papers.

We have had reports from Carlisle, from York, from Hampshire, Dartford and other places, showing that the problem is nationwide, not just an isolated incident.

UKIP is collecting the names and addresses of those complaining and will be preparing the grounds for a legal challenge to the election result.

Is this just a case of people being thick?

On a separate note, I am not sure who to vote for.......

- vote for Conservatives to counteract the Labour vote and at least throw out Gordo and maybe even get a general election

- vote for BNP to force mainstream parties to discuss issues of race and immigration

- vote for UKIP to bolster the most likely strongest "protest vote".

Any ideas? I'm think that a vote for Liberals is worthless this time around.

Edited by rolf

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Lol! Ironic, indeed.

I haven't seen the ballot papers yet, although my OH says they are a yard long! I have to wait until this evening to vote as I am taking along one of my youngsters who will be voting for the first time. He is concerned that not understanding the PR MEP ballot paper he will make a mess of it and vote for Labour or something worse - if that is possible!

I've just got back from my area (OX18)

There were 4 options for local.

There were 15 for the MEP's.

"Please make sure you read all of them" the nice lady said.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Just cast my vote for the BNP in my Labour safe seat. If it was a Tory safe seat it would have been UKIP.

The only way to protest at the main parties institutional corruption, and relentless pro mass immigration stance.

Had a huge booklet through the door a week or so prior, with left wingers saying how evil they are etc...and little articles from searchlight, to back from the dead z-list stars, saying how terrible it would be to vote BNP.

I bet in a conservative safe seat people have had the same sort of booklet on how bad it would be to vote UKIP.

They won't take thier core vote for granted after today I bet.

Edited by brainclamp

HOLA445

Maybe it's just UKIP supporters. ;)

I think all the BNP supporters will find their box very easily - top of the sheet.

Interestingly, on my ballot paper all the independents were put at the bottom of the sheet, four folds down. That looks like a stitch-up to me.

HOLA446
Here is the email I got from UKIP:

I'd be interested to hear from someone who has already voted whether this IS the case or whether there is a genuine problem. When my OH first showed me the text from UKIP I was inclined to think like you - people being thick. But the email seems to suggest there is more to it than that.

What does anyone who has seen the ballot paper think?

HOLA447

I think this is a bit of a storm in a tea cup.

If I went to the polling station intending to vote UKIP, I wouldn't be leaving said station until I had a ballot paper with UKIP as an option on it.

Are people really this dumb?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

i didn't get a voting card!!!!!!!!!!!!!

booooooooo!!!!

although i might have thrown it out.....

so i am feeling deprived of all the fun.

fortunatly i dont actally want to vote, but i still feel like im missing out, like theres a sucking sensation in my stomach.

so i clicked the Spoilt Vote option.

I so hope this poll is representative of whats happening.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

booooooooo!!!!

fortunatly i dont actally want to vote, but i still feel like im missing out, like theres a sucking sensation in my stomach.

So do I!

Wouldn't it be great to see UKIP beat Labour?

HOLA4415
it's terrifying that bnp and dodgy fraudsters from ukip are gonna get in through all this protest voting...the bnp for crying out loud - you cannot be serious

Yes, we are very seriously voting for the BNP (in my case) and UKIP in others. That's how serious this country's problems are. None of the LibLabCon would get us out of the EU, stamp out immigration, send back the asylum seekers or puncture the public sector bloat. The Conservatives make some of the right noises, but in power they have proved to be Europhile and globalist (with honourable exceptions, of course.)

So I suggest you toddle down to your local polling station and put an X in the BNP box (saves all that fiddling around looking for the UKIP box) or in 10 years time you won't have a country to call your own. ;)

HOLA4416

booooooooo!!!!

you can go to the polling station without a card, they will check for your name and address.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I bumped into a very scary UKIP convassor last Saturday. Blue rinse Tory defect who thinks DC is not fascist enough.

I simply asked what was wrong with Europe. The answer I got was name 5 things that are right with Europe

I replied

1) Working Time directive - for example positive impact on reducing junior doctors hours from the absurd 100+ before

2) Improved Health and Safety regulations - stopped UK getting away with cutting corners at workers expense

3) Better quality drinking and bathing water - without a doubt improvements would not have been made without stick from Brussels

4) Ability to travel freely within EU and transfer assets (like pension rights) to choose to spend in other countries

5) Adoption of Human Rights act - overdue and starting to really bear fruits

Actually, i'd like to feedback what their response was... I actually only got to number 3 when I was told to get lost and that I was wasting their time.

Sorry but they and the BNP are to me one and the same and may get protest votes but should never get any where close to an ounce of power

HOLA4421

article-1190689-05349ED1000005DC-601_634x451.jpg

think i'll go out later and vote. lol

UKIP

South East

But arn't there other elections? Like council elections?

LOCAL ELECTIONSA RURAL ELECTION

Not all councils are holding elections; there are none in London or the other main cities. But all of the 27 county councils - such as Devon, Dorset, Kent and Shropshire - are. So are eight 'unitary authorities', where there are no district councils. As most of the councils that are up for grabs are rural, the Tories are defending 1,500 seats, compared with 500 for Labour.

COUNCILS MATTER

Councils spend £56billion of our money every year. Much of it comes from Whitehall, but the balance is raised from the Council Tax. The average Band D council tax bill has more than doubled under Labour to £1,414. No surprise when more than 1,000 council staff earn more than £100,000 a year.

THE RIGHT CANDIDATE

Ask yourself if you are happy with your council - for example, its policy on bin collections and the size of the council tax increase. And don't rule out independents, some of whom have been brilliantly representing their wards for years.

Edited by 50%deposit

HOLA4422
I bumped into a very scary UKIP convassor last Saturday. Blue rinse Tory defect who thinks DC is not fascist enough.

I simply asked what was wrong with Europe. The answer I got was name 5 things that are right with Europe

I replied

1) Working Time directive - for example positive impact on reducing junior doctors hours from the absurd 100+ before

2) Improved Health and Safety regulations - stopped UK getting away with cutting corners at workers expense

3) Better quality drinking and bathing water - without a doubt improvements would not have been made without stick from Brussels

4) Ability to travel freely within EU and transfer assets (like pension rights) to choose to spend in other countries

5) Adoption of Human Rights act - overdue and starting to really bear fruits

Actually, i'd like to feedback what their response was... I actually only got to number 3 when I was told to get lost and that I was wasting their time.

Sorry but they and the BNP are to me one and the same and may get protest votes but should never get any where close to an ounce of power

Pity you didn't talk to a BNP canvasser; we'd have told you what's wrong with the EU:

1/ Costs £120bn pa in membership and compliance costs. There are many better ways spending that money.

2/ Democratic deficit - 75% of law is not made by elected representatives.

3/ Country has been flooded by immigrants, we're swamped.

4/ All the "good" stuff like H&S we could easily implement without the EU anyway.

5/ The BNP would keep us in the ETFA (free trade area) so you'd still have the right to travel and work (excluding the accession countries though.)

Hope that helps.... ;)

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425