HOLA441
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
A few days ago I wanted sackings. Now I want jailings.

Unfortunatley that is never going to happen. They are actually above the law (a bit like Jonathan Ross), and if they're not, they'll simple write a new law - one for them. Complain all you like, it goes on the deaf ears of the equally corrupted. The whole system/axis of government would need to be dissolved :ph34r:

HOLA445
I was wondering how the speccy bloke was getting on. Any news start a thread pls. Big fanfair that one was, load of old poo.

Just watched that vid.

The PM just did say the £1 billion bill was going to be used to 'take unsold properties off the market' didn't he?

Fantastic, after they forced expensive housing on the nurth by demolishing tens of thousands of perfectly good homes at a cost £2 billion, looks like they are going to do the same again to try and avoid the market dropping too far. :angry:

HOLA446
Guest AuntJess

How well I remember Reality Bear's prophecy, the "I Claudius" quote:

"Let all the poisons that dwell in the mud, hatch out" :ph34r:

And ooh, look: They ARE doing. <_<

HOLA447
HOLA448

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...eron-Curbs.html

A number privately complained to executive members of the party’s back-bench 1922 Committee about the instruction.

They feared that they were being penalised because of the controversy over some MPs claiming expenses for the upkeep of swimming pools and paying for items from exclusive interior design firms.

The first public sign of dissent came from Ann Widdecombe, the former minister, who is standing down at the next general election. She said MPs outside London needed to run two homes and gave warning that it was important to ensure that people with a modest income were not driven out of Westminster.

“If you are of modest means and your boiler blows up, somebody please tell me what to do,” she said. “Perhaps I will go to David Cameron for a loan.”

Miss Widdecombe claimed £598.97 in December 2004 to “drain heating system and install new radiator in lounge” at her designated second home in Kent.

She expressed concern at the way the party leaders were announcing their own measures for dealing with the issue before an official review of the system.

“It is becoming a competition that 'My shirt is hairier than yours,’” she told the BBC.

If being on £60k equals being on modest means what does it make those who take several years to earn that amount.

Perhaps she would like to tell us what they are meant to do?

Boiler Cover from £7 a month

It would appear for those on modest means you could get boiler cover.

Some of our MP's are clearly delusional, I'd love to get half what MP's get a year and I work for longer.

HOLA449

If being on £60k equals being on modest means what does it make those who take several years to earn that amount.

Some of our MP's are clearly delusional, I'd love to get half what MP's get a year and I work for longer.

pigs trough scum

throw them all out

HOLA4410

Widdecombe is giving the impression that she believes her salary is for pocket money and all the normal expenses associated with day to day living should be reclaimable as expenses - mortgage interest, council tax, utilities, maintenance and repairs, food, linen, furniture etc etc. - all the stuff that the rest of us have to pay for from salaries or, worse still, inadequate pensions.

They claim they need a second home in London - fair enough - but it is not essential to the performance of their parliamentary duties that MPs OWN a second home with the attendant costs; why can't they rent? The landlord will then be reponsible for repairs and maintenance.

Go figure, Ann Widdecombe, before you bleat about being of modest means and unable to afford boiler repairs. How the hec do you think pensioners manage?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Answer: rent your 2nd pad in london, so it is all within your expenses and you can spare all your time to do MP stuff instead of speculating on properdie

Ann Widdecombe - f*ck off

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Wasn't there an MP who tried to live on benefits (I'm going back 20 years maybe) and ended up eating cold beans and sitting in the dark.

I'd like to see everyone of these greedy mps on benefits by the end of next week and not as an experiment.

How do they think people on normal or low incomes manage?

They need some serious time in the real world.

HOLA4419
Wasn't there an MP who tried to live on benefits (I'm going back 20 years maybe) and ended up eating cold beans and sitting in the dark.

I'd like to see everyone of these greedy mps on benefits by the end of next week and not as an experiment.

How do they think people on normal or low incomes manage?

They need some serious time in the real world.

Benefits is too much... Put them on min wage and exclude them from social housing (like most of the population).... MPs in a HMO houseshare fighting over scraps...

Edited by moosetea

HOLA4420
Pretty basic. But hey "perfectly adequate"

Just been on bbc tv

Hats off to him for his frugality and for not flipping London properties to make a fortune at the taxpayers expense.

He still managed to claim £152,933 (219th) in total expenses in 07/08 including nearly £90k for staff expenses which included employing his wife in his constituency office.

Edited by Legal_Landlord

HOLA4421
Hats off to him for his frugality and for not flipping London properties to make a fortune at the taxpayers expense.

He still managed to claim £152,933 (219th) in total expenses in 07/08 including nearly £90k for staff expenses which included employing his wife in his constituency office.

LOL

Our two local MPs share offices and between them claim a fortune. I think once the dust settles on general expenses we need to start poking sharp sticks at who they employ and on how much.

HOLA4422

I LOVE IT - "WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOUR BOILER BLOWS UP"?

Quite what do you do.

Now we all have to have condensing boilers and with all the new regulation you are looking at nearly £5000 for a new boiler . When you pay £5000 for your new boiler you will be told it will last about 8 years if you are lucky.

Boiler insurance will cover you for breakdown but not for a new boiler.

It is a Q I KEEP asking, where are people supposed to ge the money from to run a home these days.

Pre - double glazing you had your windows painted, now you have to REPLACE them when the seal goes.

Washing Machines have a life expectancy of 2 years!

Unless you can afford that one (can't remember the name) that is supposed to last 20 .

This is all just part of the same problem really isn't it, EVERYTHING has got SO expensive the past decade that at every level it seems not to be sustainable.

But I think its a deeper issue for Widdecombe, she knows she is an old boiler fit to burst and wonders what will happen

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

£60k is a lot of money….. not really if you live in London.

Just to rent a decent place will set you back a minimum of £1,500 per month (2 bed flat in centralist area) and that really would be basic!! You looking at £2,000 per month to rent a 2 bed flat that isn’t falling down.

So if MPs are paid £60k, after tax that might be £40k.

Take away £24k to rent a 2 bed flat and your left with £16k to support yourself and your family.

The simple answer is to increase MP pay to £60,000 plus £40,000 costs and nothing else. If you need to rent/buy a second home, you pay for it out of your £100k. If you need to pay for travel then you pay for it yourself. Very simple easy system.

London MPs = £80k wage (£53,000 after tax)

Non London = £100k wage (£65,000 after tax)