House Price Crash Forum

Italian Ex-Pm Berlusconi Sentenced In Ruby Sex Case

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-23034167

Italy's former PM Silvio Berlusconi has been sentenced to seven years in jail and banned from public office for having sex with an underage prostitute.

But Mr Berlusconi remains a free man while he appeals against the Milan court ruling.

Both the 76-year-old media tycoon and the Moroccan woman concerned, Karima El Mahroug, deny they had sex.

"I intend to resist this persecution because I am absolutely innocent," Mr Berlusconi said after the verdict.

Anyone think he'll serve any time?

HOLA442
HOLA443

having sex with an underage prostitute?

real jailbait...she denies it, he denies it...who is prosecuting it?...who spied the act itself, ie, the witnesses?

tut tut, 7 years jail....but not today.

HOLA444

Not me. He's the original Teflon man.

I think the mood has changed somewhat.

besides,he's mates with tony blair......and didn't I tell you long ago that all tonies mates end up in trouble?

the guy has a curse on him.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest eight

She was under age and the UK have jailed a teacher, for having sex with someone under age, for several years (OK a pupil and he was a teacher) but Bunga Bunga will not go to prison as he is rich.

Quite. How come he isn't a "predatory paedophile"?

Also, can you actually be an underage prostitute? Surely every one of your clients is committing statutory rape?

HOLA449

You'd think his 'people' would have checked her age.

When you can legally screw as many 18 year olds as you like, why risk jail for a girl one year younger? Perhaps the 'forbidden' nature if it turned him on.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

When you can legally screw as many 18 year olds as you like, why risk jail for a girl one year younger? Perhaps the 'forbidden' nature if it turned him on.

I very much doubt that he knew her age, he surely wouldn't have been that stupid to knowingly screw a minor given that judges in Milan have been breathing down his neck for years.

Also since in Switzerland the legal age for prostitution is 16 he could have just crossed the border (which is less than an hour drive from Milan) and screwed a 16 year old there if he had wanted that.

HOLA4412

Getting sent to prison for having sex with a prostitute is like getting sent to prison for being taken home in a taxi by a taxi driver.

Firstly, he's not going to prison ever. The judges would have been softer if it was about a commoner.

Then I think he got one year for prostitution and six for abusing power (when he called the police station and said the girl was Mubarak's granddaughter).

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

You'd think his 'people' would have checked her age.

Maybe (and this is a big "maybe") he just didn't know? When I jump into a cab, I never ask the driver to provide proof that he's over 18 and has got a driving licence.

HOLA4416

Maybe (and this is a big "maybe") he just didn't know?

Oh I agree, I don't think he did know.

I just assumed that with his unlimited resources he would have been astute enough to get one of his guys to check, to avoid being put in this (if you'll excuse the pun) 'position'.

HOLA4417

I just assumed that with his unlimited resources he would have been astute enough to get one of his guys to check, to avoid being put in this (if you'll excuse the pun) 'position'.

Good point.

HOLA4418

There was no need to worry, he was untouchable and had proved it many times in court. I suspect that he will do so again

HOLA4419

Maybe (and this is a big "maybe") he just didn't know? When I jump into a cab, I never ask the driver to provide proof that he's over 18 and has got a driving licence.

True - but the cabs I use are certified and tested by the local council. I don't think the council has a QA process for our local whores. I shall immediately write and complain.

HOLA4420

True - but the cabs I use are certified and tested by the local council. I don't think the council has a QA process for our local whores. I shall immediately write and complain.

You mean you assume all the paperwork is correct and up to date and the driver is the same person named as on said paperwork?

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
  • 11 months later...
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

That was last year. Did you get a reply?

Archived