House Price Crash Forum

Barnard Marcus auction results (rampers look away now)

mowlem

HOLA441
On 17 May 2017 at 11:12 PM, GreenDevil said:

@Phil321

What a load of old tosh.... lol

I notice this month there was no claims of standing room only, perhaps they expected a HPCer post a photo to the contrary lol

Are you suggesting they pulled out a couple of non indicative examples. How very dare you....these house sellers are the cornerstone of integrity. ? 

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
On 5/17/2017 at 5:33 PM, GreenDevil said:

Well it does because some idiots puts it one bid at 40k then is surprised they get it. Or he starts bidding at 30k and he get's run up to 40k when he is simply the only bidder. 

Its a scam simply.

There's similar practices in most businesses where Joe Clueless can try his luck at being a trader. New customer at a toy warehouse will be paying more for the same products than the stall holder guy with years of experience. A newbie fruit and veg shop owner will be paying more for stock than experienced shop owners.  

As the saying goes:

If God didn't want them to get fleeced, He wouldn't have made them sheep.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA443
HOLA444
1 hour ago, GreenDevil said:

http://www.a-rpropertyauctions.co.uk/current-auction

AR have a big london auction next, some nice family homes coming up (mainly ex BTL), it will be interesting to see how stuff sells in this. I would hope to see a lot of stuff not meeting reserves.

Tuesday's my day off, and I have an interest in some of those. I might go along and 'report'.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
5 hours ago, Freki said:

I did not find an allsop thread, but there has been an auction few days ago:

http://www.auction.co.uk/residential/pastResults.asp?A=1027

Rather depressing reading that, TBH. First lot, £380k for a poky 3 bed terrace; lot 82, £185k for a 1 bed flat that's miles from anywhere, in between Hither Green Cemetery and a major railway line. I rented a house directly up the road from the first one from 2006-2010 for £950 a month, it was OK but hardly worth 10x the median wage for London. Edit: and good luck finding a parking space at that end of the road; one side is double yellow to keep it clear for the four bus routes that pass by.

My mate then rented a similar flat to the latter for £850 a month (IIRC). It was a reasonably nice, well built flat, but really not convenient for anything despite the close proximity of Grove Park Station - there was no way out of the south end of the road, so to get anywhere you had to go right round the houses, and the regular heavy freight trains passing or going to/from Hither Green Sidings used to shake the whole building.

Hopefully the 'ripple out' effect will hit this neck of the woods soon. 

Edited by Rave

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Lolz.................

Auctioneer....we're giving it away,gotta be worth £15k

goes for £11,500 in the end.

Interesting bit was how the auctioneer was virtually doing a sales pitch for the building plot.'full planning' etc...

Desperate times for EA's.

HOLA4416
2 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Lolz.................

Auctioneer....we're giving it away,gotta be worth £15k

goes for £11,500 in the end.

Interesting bit was how the auctioneer was virtually doing a sales pitch for the building plot.'full planning' etc...

Desperate times for EA's.

A plot with PP for £11.5k.

£200k minimum near me.

HOLA4417

Thanks for the pictures Sancho; I needed some bear food as a desert with my lunch.  It was reminiscent of a classic car auction I attended with a friend earlier in the year.  The classic car market is another bubble that is starting to deflate.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
41 minutes ago, Timak said:

A plot with PP for £11.5k.

£200k minimum near me.

No PP.

Agricultual land for exhorbitant almost 100k/acre ??

From catalog entry ....

All the plots are sold on
an unconditional basis but purchasers may wish to consider a development potential
of each of the individual sites given the proximity to other premises within the village.
Whilst no formal approach has been made to the local authority planning department
these details do provide some initial indicative schemes which could be taken for each
individual plot subject to the necessary consents

size of 0.16 acre (8,000sq.ft.).

But still better is the agricultural land in 0.1 acre plots in Hook

The plots may hold
future potential and purchasers may wish to utilise the indicative scheme shown
in the artist’s impression in these details to take forward discussions with the local
authority planning department. Each plot is sold subject to a planning overage
provision whereby the owner will be required to pay 40% of the increase in land
value resulting from planning permission being gained.

[Lots 107-115]

Tricky one whether that or the sale of overage rights gets the award for the nastiest sucker-seeking scumbag scheme [SSSS].

HOLA4420

S25 flashed on my screeen as sold at around 20k.

Which would be a 20% yield. I guess about right if the tenant is a non-payer and-or trashing the place. Or maybe it's bustas druggies flat?

Shows in the list as unsold though.

Anyway guide is 35k. Last sale 50K in 2007.

www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=22179866&sale=85408425&country=england

HOLA4421

Surely the die hard BTL spongers who are attending these auctions thinking something is afoot.

The last auction I stumbled across, Richard Greener in Northants was packed full of old white middle class desperados,  If I can I'll go to one to see one and see how bust they are now.

Interestingly they stopped posting their results on line June 2016

https://www.richardgreener.co.uk/property-auctions-in-northampton

I'd query those % sold too, I saw some jiggery pokery with what had sold and not sold at the actual auction.

All seems to good to have been true

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4422

my favourite in the first half was the land for sale near Oxted Surrey, lot 36. Guide price £200,000. Previously sold earlier this year for approx. £250,000, buyer then paid deposit then defaulted on the balance, (Ouch) so you can snap up a bargain here today, SOLD FOR £143,000

https://www.eigpropertyauctions.co.uk/files/5/25617/14ffdf2b-24e9-4c52-b0e4-28cebe8f4421.pdf

Someone made a massive loss on this one!

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
52 minutes ago, crazypabs said:

my favourite in the first half was the land for sale near Oxted Surrey, lot 36. Guide price £200,000. Previously sold earlier this year for approx. £250,000, buyer then paid deposit then defaulted on the balance, (Ouch) so you can snap up a bargain here today, SOLD FOR £143,000

https://www.eigpropertyauctions.co.uk/files/5/25617/14ffdf2b-24e9-4c52-b0e4-28cebe8f4421.pdf

Someone made a massive loss on this one!

Golden!

HOLA4425