Reports of cold weather in central Europe

Trampa501

HOLA441
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

There isn't anything about exceptional cold weather on Russia Today which always has a focus upon east and central Europe.

So I would guess that there is an ulterior motive if the BBC in reporting it. Probably migrants or electric / gas price rises coming.

I'm not saying that it isn't cold BTW, just that if RT isn't reporting it then it's nothing out of the ordinary.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

There isn't anything about exceptional cold weather on Russia Today

There has been very cold weather in Russia. Very cold indeed.

'Ice Age': Social Media Users React to Russia's Christmas Frosts

On Christmas Eve, the temperatures in Russia dropped to a record low for the last 120 years. On January, 7 the temperature fell to -29.9 degrees in Moscow, and - 33.4 - in the countryside.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 hour ago, billybong said:

Sales of UK anti freeze etc must be down.  The cold weather must be on its way - it'll be the worst winter ever.

Anecdotal. I topped my screen wash up a few week back with home bargains bought £1.50 ready mixed and it froze on first application. Outside temperature gauge was displaying -1oC lol water would have done a better job, in fact it might have been just that with some dye added. Thought I'd share.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, Errol said:

You can find brilliant videos on Youtube of people throwing boiling water out of an upper window and seeing it freeze before it hits the ground (in deepest Siberia).

Boiling water?  I find that hard to believe. The ambient temperature, required to freeze boiling water before it hit the ground (i.e. in a second or two), would be so low that any person exposing themselves to said same cold air would surely suffer significant frostbite themselves? 

HOLA4413
6 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Boiling water?  I find that hard to believe. The ambient temperature, required to freeze boiling water before it hit the ground (i.e. in a second or two), would be so low that any person exposing themselves to said same cold air would surely suffer significant frostbite themselves? 

HOLA4414
10 minutes ago, anonguest said:

HOLA4415
46 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Boiling water freezes much faster than cold water.

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, thecrashingisles said:

OK. I concede. Fascinating!

BUT (not wanting to sound like or give the impression of a sore loser)......to be fair they have sort of 'cheated' in these demonstrations, in that the water is being well dispersed. IF the water was merely more gently poured in a stream down to the ground below, I'd still expect it to hit the ground mostly in liquid state. Wouldn't it ??

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
27 minutes ago, anonguest said:

BUT (not wanting to sound like or give the impression of a sore loser)......to be fair they have sort of 'cheated' in these demonstrations, in that the water is being well dispersed. IF the water was merely more gently poured in a stream down to the ground below, I'd still expect it to hit the ground mostly in liquid state. Wouldn't it ??

On a couple of them you could hear lumps hitting the ground. Whether they were still water or not I don't know. I don't ever want to be outside in that sort of temperature to experiment! 

HOLA4419
29 minutes ago, The Eagle said:

Boiling water freezes much faster than cold water.

Newtons Law of Cooling?  Yes, the rate of cooling may be faster (initially) if the starting temperature is higher BUT, at the end of the day, to freeze a given mass requires energy to be extracted/removed from the water? It stands to reason that water starting at, say, 20 degC would still freeze faster than the same mass started at 100degC?

So your statment is somewhat irrelevant? Since IF the ambient temperature is sufficient to freeze boiling water it will certainly freeze water that is at a lower starting temeprature.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
3 minutes ago, council dweller said:

46 C?

Legend has it the German soldiers returning through Poland in 1941 had lost their eyelids.

Pussies .

They will look lie the "clockwork Nazi" in "Hell Boy".:o

HOLA4422
2 hours ago, anonguest said:

Yep, I'm wondering if the water being boiling helps it to disperse better too. Or perhaps if you threw cold water it would just turn to a lump of ice.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived