HOLA441
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest barebear
I’d add fiddling inflation figures to the list.

Actually the smoking ban is a good thing. Preventing people from enforcing the ill effects of their chosen habit on those who don’t choose the same habit is the one good thing Labour have done. I like driving fast but I wouldn’t expect to be allowed to indulge myself on public roads to the detriment of the safety of others, so why should smokers be exempt from respecting others’ right to personal safety? If someone wants to pay to make themselves stink of sh*t, become ill and die early, then fine, just as long as they do it in a place where they’re the only one affected by it.

Passive smoking is a myth.

If it wasn't why didnt all the cats, dogs, budgies etc die of lung cancer ?

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest sillybear2

12. Selling the gold.

13. David Kelly. Watching one man caught in the crossfire of some petty squabble between NuLabour and their chums in the Beeb. Witnessing the machinery of government turn against one man, and seeing unprincipled journalists sell out their sources. That day I finally realised our whole establishment was deeply sick and corrupt on unimaginable scale.

When I saw this headline on Sunday I thought we'd finally seen an apology :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7640625.stm

Sadly not.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Well erm, they wouldnt have allowed Quisling to take over unelected!

Well erm they did exactly the same thing when they were in similar circumstances. And they were right because it is the correct constitutional thing to do.

Really I despair. So many legit things to complain about and instead folk trot out the fake lines designed for the sheep.

HOLA448
I'm getting fed up of all this Labour bashing, partially culpable though they are.

The Tories would have been at least as bad. They haven't caused a discussion on any of the above issues, and they supported the Iraq war.

This seems to be the only reason people are against voting tories. No one can give me a sensible arguement or evidence for this.

THere was one woman on the tv yesterday blaming Majors tory government for todays recession! Its unbelievable. She shouldnt be allowed to vote. Labour inherited an economy on the up from the Torys, and all they have done is hike taxes and then wasted it during the good times. She showed blatent moronic incompetance and misunderstanding regarding the economy. In fact it was rather Brown like - kinda head in the sand and ignoring the facts.

HOLA449
1/ The ilegal war in Iraq

2/ No more boom and bust pledge

3/ Ramps and speed cameras

4/ No election when Blair went

5/ No EU referendum

6/ Brown allowed to take over unelected

7/The smoking ban

Whoops it was only supposed to be 5 but I couldn't stop.

Is there anymore ? Or should the list be changed ?

The doubling of council tax.

HOLA4410

About to point that out myself, no one ever quotes the overwhelming number of studies in passive smoking that have proved inconclusive, even in 2003 the London Assembly chucked out plans aimed at stopping passive smoking as being unlinked to any sound findings. But most mugs will believe anything in the government tells them.

Surprised they haven't blamed smoking on the current problems.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1/ The ilegal war in Iraq

2/ No more boom and bust pledge

3/ Ramps and speed cameras

4/ No election when Blair went

5/ No EU referendum

6/ Brown allowed to take over unelected

7/The smoking ban

Whoops it was only supposed to be 5 but I couldn't stop.

Is there anymore ? Or should the list be changed ?

2/ Would have been alright had he actually done so

3/ Annoying but frankly there's bigger stuff to worry about

4/ and 6/ are basically the same. I'm not too fussed to be honest - Major, Callaghan, Douglas-Home all became prime-minsters without calling an election.

I would add:

7/ PFI

8/ Failure to get to grips with poor vocational and technical education

9/ Encouraging the debt binge rather than new productive industries

10/ Erosion of Civil Liberties

11/ Choosing to be a US satellite/poodle instead of equal partner with European nations of similar size and power to ourselves.

12/ Above all, a huge missed opportunity to undertake radical policy shifts. New Labour has mostly been tinkering with existing structures, rather than conducting a major and necessary overhaul. In 1997 the country was at peace, had a healthy economy and Labour had a huge majority. It was a golden opportunity, totally squandered.

But hey, let's not be negative. The positives are:

1/ Peace in Northern Ireland.

err... help me out here

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest sillybear2

If you want to inhale carcinogens as some kind of hobby, and use your children or animals in some kind of scientific experiment, then go right ahead. However, I fail to see why I should have to share your secondhand smoke, why people can't enjoy a meal in a restaurant without people puffing smoke at them, or why we have to stand in a pub or club with our eyes watering, and then come home stinking of fags, the smell of which has impregnated your clothes and hair. All because of some selfish minority that seem unwilling to bring about their premature death in private.

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest sillybear2
People who support the smoking ban deserve everything else they've got from that list.

Do you also support the right for people to urinate wherever they like? If you were standing in a bar would you mind if I walked up to you and started pissing on your shoes.

Actually, don't answer that :ph34r:

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425