House Price Crash Forum

Gold Has Fallen >2 Std Devs From The Mean

HOLA441
AWOOGA!

The trolls are at it again :lol:

If only you knew old chap/chappess ( new word for the dictionary ) you would be gobsmacked, never delve in matters you have no knowledge of, or failing to understand the real message. :rolleyes:

BTW I take that AWOOGA as a compliment as a few here will have a smile at the accusation. ;)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
To a large extent this is a complete fabrication unless someone can provide some backtested evidence.

there is plenty. Have a look at www.elliottwave.com

Can you prove it doesn't work. I have 50% profit since April says it does, if you have the patience to use it correctly.

HOLA444
there is plenty. Have a look at www.elliottwave.com

Can you prove it doesn't work. I have 50% profit since April says it does, if you have the patience to use it correctly.

"Can you prove it doesn't work"

Common sense, and years of working in the markets. However, I am open to new ideas. Where on the site can we download their backtested data? I am keen to implement a model or two. This type of thing will be simple to program into a computer.

"if you have the patience to use it correctly"

so you can guarantee that if people are patient enough they can makr money, 100% guaranteed? This is very exciting - this time next year we could be millionaires. Do you think this site will guarantee to make me more than the one you posted?

http://www.wininvesting.com/

HOLA445
HOLA446
Whenever it has done that during the last 8 years, well you better have sunglasses 'cos you'll be looking towards the sun.

Buy gold.

BTW - this also relates to all commodities, pretty well.

$ will now fall again.

Stock market, led by financials, will now have a boost. Though I expect there to be a further leg down before the y/e.

I am a looking at a different chart it seems to have been quite stable over the last month hovering around 800 after the 785 low on 15 August.

I don't buy the pound rising anytime soon. The British economy is in worse state than the US and it doesn't have real industries of scale left to pull it out the mire with increased exports. I can see a future US but it looks pretty bleak for the UK.

Currencies I prefer RMB, Yen and Ozzie dollar.

Edited by buyerbeware

HOLA447
"Can you prove it doesn't work"

Common sense, and years of working in the markets. However, I am open to new ideas. Where on the site can we download their backtested data? I am keen to implement a model or two. This type of thing will be simple to program into a computer.

"if you have the patience to use it correctly"

so you can guarantee that if people are patient enough they can makr money, 100% guaranteed? This is very exciting - this time next year we could be millionaires. Do you think this site will guarantee to make me more than the one you posted?

http://www.wininvesting.com/

To be honest Noel, I don't give a rat's **** about whether it makes you money. It has done me, so I think I owe it to back it up. For me it works. :lol:

HOLA448
HOLA449
Unless you intend to make your own argumemt and prediction may I suggest you go to another thread rather than insulting my forecast

Isn't this a forum for debate? If we want to post contrary opinions, should we now start a separate thread each time? And if anyone disagrees with that, should they start their own thread?

Could get a bit crowded on the main board.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Interesting term, going to the sun. Usually its going to the moon, via the center of the earth!

It's taking the scenic route. ;)

As you disagree with FP, shouldn't you have started a new thread? Then I could start one saying why why choice of route for gold is wrong, it's actually going to Tau Ceti via Altair IV.

HOLA4414
Whenever it has done that during the last 8 years, well you better have sunglasses 'cos you'll be looking towards the sun.

Buy gold.

$ will now fall again.

Stock market, led by financials, will now have a boost. Though I expect there to be a further leg down before the y/e.

I didn't understand this until I re-read a chapter of an interesting book called 'the Goldwatcher.' Isn't the point that a lot of the trusty goldwatcher indicators point to an upward movement over the next few months and it's hard to see which one of these is most fundamental. I mean, late August/early September is a traditional trough in advance of the peak buying season in many countries (Indian weddings etc); the gold/oil ratio at around 7.5/1 is much lower than the 15:1 historical average, suggesting the former will rise and/or the latter will fall in line with mean reversion; and there may be a $ currency issue as well. As someone who is a bit agnostic - and frankly rather frightened - of commodities, I'm finding it hard to work out if gold is a good bet or not in the short-term. Since the pound is so weak, the deals you can get on bullion or ETCs don't seem that great right now (gold sovereigns at ~120 quid; Krugers at ~500 quid). Maybe I'm missing something? How much should you aim to have in gold, all other being equal? To read some on this forum, you'd think that they have 50 per cent of their portfolio in gold and other commodities, which to me seems like putting half my savings on Chelsea to win the premiership at Corals....

HOLA4415
To be honest Noel, I don't give a rat's **** about whether it makes you money. It has done me, so I think I owe it to back it up. For me it works. :lol:

Fair enough. I appreciate that you have been running the scheme in excess of two decades so have a proven track record. Are you posting this from your yacht? If you don't mind answering, what was your sharpe ratio, and what was the volatility of your portfolio in comparison to, for example, the FTSE 100?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Fair enough. I appreciate that you have been running the scheme in excess of two decades so have a proven track record. Are you posting this from your yacht? If you don't mind answering, what was your sharpe ratio, and what was the volatility of your portfolio in comparison to, for example, the FTSE 100?

What a complete tw*t!

HOLA4419

Buy gold.

$ will now fall again.

Sorry, I thought you wrote 'God has fallen'

I didn't think even the HPC news had reached those heights yet.

HOLA4420

I'm not saying you're wrong as to where gold is headed FP, but there is no particular reason why the price being 2std devs away from the trend means the price will rise. The daily and weekly trends are currently falling, so the price could equally continue to follow the trend down rather than revisit the upper boundary. Just an observation on your point rather than an observation on gold.

HOLA4421
Unless you intend to make your own argumemt and prediction may I suggest you go to another thread rather than insulting my forecast, based on historical precedent. (And fundamental analysis not mentioned here.)

25% by the year end, starting this week. Can't be more specific than that. Now what's your forecast for gold this year and next? I guess you don't have one. You just wish to insult others' forecasts. Not very useful or interesting.

(FP has your account been hacked?)

We have knocked heads before with opposing views on market moves, mainly the massive move UP in the FTSE you predicted pre April, I held my line steadfast at sub 5500 (which we have hovered around for sometime now)

I also was telling people to get out of GPB right before the big falls.

I know fannie/freddie bailout was big big news, but would still recommend people here keep a level head, Gamble on the big PM move by all means, but only gamble what you can afford to lose. I will even up my usual advice of only investing 10% in PM to 20% PM of you portfolio.

BUT Putting all your eggs in one basket can make you extremely rich with a good move, it can wipe out all gains in a bad move, and given the size of the interventions thus far, you need some big un's to be taking leveraged bets right now. But fair play if it pays off and remember many on here invest/earn GBP. Given its collapse (no other name for it) the gold price hasn't actually moved that much and gains due to dollar weakness, do not always translate into pounds.

On a personal note I will by buying a couple more Oz (I am a TFH'er afterall), was waitng for £400 per oz, but Fannie/freddie and speed of the pounds fall have motived me to load up a bit more. I will however investing heavily in JAP small companies, that are well capitalised (this more gutt felling than than judgement TBH).

HOLA4422
Guest Mr Parry
I'm not saying you're wrong as to where gold is headed FP, but there is no particular reason why the price being 2std devs away from the trend means the price will rise. The daily and weekly trends are currently falling, so the price could equally continue to follow the trend down rather than revisit the upper boundary. Just an observation on your point rather than an observation on gold.

Yeah, FP, if you want to make money out of metals . . . come down one of my sites on a Saturday and strip some cable with us. Bright copper baby, it's the future!

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425