House Price Crash Forum

Gold Has Fallen >2 Std Devs From The Mean

HOLA441
Whenever it has done that during the last 8 years, well you better have sunglasses 'cos you'll be looking towards the sun.

Buy gold.

BTW - this also relates to all commodities, pretty well.

$ will now fall again.

Stock market, led by financials, will now have a boost. Though I expect there to be a further leg down before the y/e.

You thinking of revising your prediction? Halfway through the week and golds plummeting. Currently at $760.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Exactly right.

I see that Jim Sinclair has finally thrown his teddy out. He was very insistent that 865 or wherever was the absolute low a couple of months ago and seems to be now taking alot of grief over it. You would think with his experience he wouldn't be quite so inflexible. It seems ego will out. He's also thrown a tantrum over TA claiming manipulation makes it invalid. I'm surprised by this since TA doesn't attempt to identify who buyers or sellers are or what their motives for buying or selling are. TA is always valid imho. There are always 2 possible outcomes. He's just called the wrong one - Hence it's TA's fault. :lol:

HOLA443
I have no idea why he is posting his personal strategies so freely. He's probably just a very helpful guy. He has been in PMs with me.

I'm assuming that you charge for using your knowledge based skills do you not? Perhaps £50 an hour or thereabouts? Quite possibly more. I'm guessing VT may have invested hundreds, if not thousands of hours and personal cash in developing his strategies. If I were him I wouldn't give so much away for free. If he called himself a hedge fund he'd certainly be taking around 2% in charges and another 20% on top. I personally find it offensive to keep asking for people to post their strategies so you can go off and backtest them to destruction. But that's just me. My view is that in many cases computerised strategies aren't especially helpful. Like computerise art or computerised relationships. If they were 100% of trading would be computerised and it isn't.

Gold now at $758 and still falling. Ouch!

"I personally find it offensive to keep asking for people to post their strategies so you can go off and backtest them to destruction"

In that case they shouldn't bother posting anything at all, because posts claiming you can beat the market with nothing to back it up with is a waste of everyone's time. Time wasting ofends me.

HOLA444
HOLA445
In that case they shouldn't bother posting anything at all, because posts claiming you can beat the market with nothing to back it up with is a waste of everyone's time. Time wasting ofends me.

Who the f*ck are you? Class monitor?

Two effs in offends ;)

HOLA446
HOLA447
It seems ego will out.

Truest statement on this thread IMO.

I'm an admitted klutz at forecasting gold prices so I didn't think we'd be returning to circa $750 territory at all.

Looks like the path to the sun is being blocked by the moon, resulting in a price eclipse.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Gold pushers are no better than the parasites who for their own financial gain gave loans and mortgages to those who clearly could not afford them.

They p****d off with their ill gotten gains of millions of $/£`s profit and left Economies in serious trouble.

And those here blame the BBs for all the trouble we are now witnessing.

No Guv I STRd in 2002 believing HPs would crash, WTF the majority did not regain their 1990 values until 2001.

If you want investment advice from me it`s free, although VIs here would charge you mega bucks for giving advice, especially those who STRd in 2002. ;)

Hadrian`s wall my son, Hadrian`s wall. :lol:

I intend to bring Cygnao before the false prophet court and have his Sainthood status here removed by the Pope. :(

Where is my Mentor, the wise one, who sadly has left us.

Gold, sell, sell, sell, NOW, before it is too late. :o

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

that is bascially back to where it was when you started this topic...

clearly very volatile and dangerous to suggest anyone knows what is happening.

if the Fed is selling gold and lieing about it, like James Turk is suggesting, then the price could go down quite a lot until they have none left (a long time) or there is an audit on the gold supplies (unlikely under either of the current parties)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Gold will rise $100 from yesterday. After that, well I'll take a view then.

Backtracking already, you really are clueless the ultimate shoeshine boy - proof that qualifications are meaningless (especially when all your meaningless twaddle (predictions) is ust cut and paste from everyone elses meaningles twaddle).

And I bought some sunglasses especially.

Better luck next time cut and paste boy.

Edited by gravity always wins

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Backtracking already, you really are clueless the ultimate shoeshine boy - proof that qualifications are meaningless (especially when all your meaningless twaddle (predictions) is ust cut and paste from everyone elses meaningles twaddle).

FP is no shoe shine boy matey. He makes a bloody good living out of all this. He is right about things you dont know about far more than he is wrong about things you do. Never forget that. he he. ;)

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
FP is no shoe shine boy matey. He makes a bloody good living out of all this. He is right about things you dont know about far more than he is wrong about things you do. Never forget that. he he. ;)

The Lehman boys made a good living being wrong its perfectly possible for a while but obviously it can't last.

I'm still waiting for one of shoeshine boys predictions to actually luck out.

HOLA4424
"QUOTE (Financial Planner @ Sep 12 2008, 10:47 AM)

Gold will rise $100 from yesterday. After that, well I'll take a view then."

What ARE you talking about? The end result will be the same - 1200-1500 in the next leg up. However, given movement of the $ the next leg up my be preceeded by a drop FROM 950/1000 - that gravity is sensible money management. It is also nearly $200 or 20/25% from when I made my forecast.

Now go and play ball over there, there's a good lad.

My qualifications are indeed meaningless in forecasting markets. I agree but that is not what you expwected. My expertise, analysis and experience gives me my forecasting.

Backtracking? :lol:

HOLA4425