House Price Crash Forum

Gold Has Fallen >2 Std Devs From The Mean

HOLA441
Well here's my fundamental analysis as much as its worth.

Central banks are printing money. Credit is being destroyed as well but the printing will outweigh the destruction.

Gold is way below its inflation adjusted high which is well north of $2000 oz.........it could go much higher.

There is a large body of evidence that the price has been artificially supressed of a while. The bounce back will be fast and fairly immediate.

all of this was true for the last gold crash but it stayed below its bubble for 2 decades, and inflation adjusted it is still below it.

all you posted is that gold will not hit zero, not that it will be XYZ dollars

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest Mr Parry
proviso; subject to completely changing "our" minds, a bit like the dow at 15,000 and hoping you've all forgotten this, blinded by recent good tv performances.

A little harsh.

Come on, this guy does good work and does post bravely. Give him a break. I'm not ever right in everything I do at work.

HOLA443
Hahahaha.

May as well toss a coin: Heads for up, Tails for down.

Really... pointless thread. Nobody knows what the future holds, ever.

Mods, please remove this post. That is the most ludicrous suggestion I've ever heard. Don't you know that Nostradamus has been cloned and his numerous doppelgangers have been drawn to HPC. It's like flies being drawn towards bright lights.

HOLA444
Gold to be around $600 and Silver below $11 by Christmas. Based on Elliott waves.

I never got into them. Specifically, too many fundamantal reasons why $ about to go again and commodities to resume after their sharp correction.

HOLA445
all of this was true for the last gold crash but it stayed below its bubble for 2 decades, and inflation adjusted it is still below it.

all you posted is that gold will not hit zero, not that it will be XYZ dollars

True......and that is why I consider it to be a pretty low risk bet. The downside is very limited and the upside potential is phenomonal. I'm happy with that. Not too many investments at the moment that can compare. I'm really not too worried about the price swings inbetween.

Edited by thefinalbear

HOLA446
HOLA447
I never got into them. Specifically, too many fundamantal reasons why $ about to go again and commodities to resume after their sharp correction.

You should, used wisely and with prior thought they are really useful, and I would say fairly accurate - not forgetting they are talking about probabilities only. Dow is ready for a massive fall(even without Fannie and Freddie), so will FTSE sooner rather than later, until the next time - that is why they are called waves.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

fp

whats your take on platinum and rhodium ?

ive been stockpiling my cat convertors as a way of holding pm's, got about 400 large/medium kept aside now which i will eventually send to englehards now part of BASF refiners.

been pretty disapointed with the return i will get of late, price is way down.

is it worth continuing to stockpile or better to cut and run.bear in mind we are talking pretty much all my savings here, about 25k - 35k. depending on market price.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
fp

whats your take on platinum and rhodium ?

ive been stockpiling my cat convertors as a way of holding pm's, got about 400 large/medium kept aside now which i will eventually send to englehards now part of BASF refiners.

been pretty disapointed with the return i will get of late, price is way down.

is it worth continuing to stockpile or better to cut and run.bear in mind we are talking pretty much all my savings here, about 25k - 35k. depending on market price.

I thought they were worth £200 each? Or is that just to thieves?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
I am always amazed that silver is not worth more than gold. It has more uses than gold and a lot of the modern things we take for granted could not exist without silver - syringe needles, catalytic convertors, Tonto's horse.

cat convertors dont use silver

HOLA4417
I thought they were worth £200 each? Or is that just to thieves?

they are worth from £0 to £140 each depending on type and make of which there is 1000s of kinds

most are worth about £40-50

i have been putting aside my good ones and selling the crap ones

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Whenever an ounce of gold falls below the cost to produce a lampost (on a cost per metre basis), history has shown us that gold will continue to fall, but only if there is a full moon due in the next seven days. The caveat to this is that if shingle is out of stock in 7 out of 10 of a specific list of builder's merchants, then gold will rise by 23.45643%.

Thanks...that makes it all clear now.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Whenever it has done that during the last 8 years, well you better have sunglasses 'cos you'll be looking towards the sun.

Buy gold.

BTW - this also relates to all commodities, pretty well.

$ will now fall again.

Stock market, led by financials, will now have a boost. Though I expect there to be a further leg down before the y/e.

What does ">2 std devs from the mean" actually mean? Has the Fannie and Freddie news prompted you to say this?

HOLA4425
Whenever it has done that during the last 8 years, well you better have sunglasses 'cos you'll be looking towards the sun.

Buy gold.

BTW - this also relates to all commodities, pretty well.

$ will now fall again.

Stock market, led by financials, will now have a boost. Though I expect there to be a further leg down before the y/e.

Gold Has Fallen

Your wasting your time as a Financial Planner, you should be doing Merv`s job. :lol:

FFS stop trying to impress the populus you are their Financial Saviour. :rolleyes: