House Price Crash Forum

Hpc Try To Force David Cameron To Respond On House Prices, See Here For Details

HOLA441
Don't forget to remind David that BTL began with the Bradford & Bingley in 1996, under the Tories.

1995 Clydesdale Bank.....introduced as a product from Australia...I think their owners were Aussie at that time. It was also a solution to those moving say town for a new job and who could not sell but could rent. The solution...retain as a BTL, rent and finance second house in new area out of equity from house one, creating margin deposit for the BTL.

This was not a Government thing! This was a solution for many.

The only oversight with Government was when Labour regulated mortgages under the FSA in October 2004, they did not include BTLs.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Can the best of the HPCers post a question on Dave Cameron's

asK-david blog.

The question with the greatest number of votes will be answered by the man himself.

With HPCers voting I'm sure we will get an answer.

Its run weekly.

Any takers? Financial Planner perhaps?

http://www.webcameron.org.uk/ask-david/

Up to 143 now...bringing forward to help new readers use link!

HOLA444
HOLA445

Added my second comment (now where's that Bull/Bear control gone?)...

Regarding Timbill's comments. all the arguments have already been spelt out in very clear terms. He clearly has an agenda (e.g. a huge mortgage, a portfolio of bedsits or a job at an estate agent). Could we please stick to the very important points here?

CRASH WINNERS:

-Priced out first time buyers

-Homeowners wishing to upsize (probably most of the working-age people). Assuming that the mortgage companies launch mortgages that allow you to take your negative equity with you (as they no doubt will).

CRASH LOSERS:

-People who wish to downsize. The vast majority of which have already had a massive windfall of free money (they have not worked to gain it). In reality they will not lose but will just gain slightly less.

-People who own investment property, e.g. landlords and holiday home owners. They may lose out, some who are heavily in debt already may be pushed into financial difficulty. But they are grown ups - nobody made them do it. They gambled with their own money plus a pile of borrowed cash. They lost. Should I expect sympathy if I buy shares with my credit card and they fall in value?

Now by my guess, there are likely to be far more people in the winners group than in the losers group. This suggests that this could in fact be a vote-winner, provided that people such as Timbill are capable of absorbing the idea. Very careful explanation will be required to educate the ill-informed that have been brainwashed by the propaganda pushed by the £billions of vested interest in the housing market.

Most of this debate is academic anyway, as the crash will happen. Only the timing is unknown. Hopefully Dave could publicise the chancellor's mis-management in allowing house price inflation to have been so completely uncontrolled by this government. This could make a few investors hang fire, and cause the inevitable to happen sooner rather than later.

I doubt that anyone is interested in watching the suffering that will inevitably happen. But there will be more suffering if things are left uncontrolled for longer. If this issue is pushed now then it will happen under Labour. If it isn't then "our" government may manage to sustain the bubble until the day after Dave takes over.

HOLA446
Also don't forget how many of those home owners you think are locked into high prices are parents. We get them signing up constantly on the PO site saying they are worried about the future for their kids.

Hmm absolutely and I was one of those, that is until I got continually insulted by one member. I enjoy reading, learning and digesting what I read here but it still sticks in the throat to have done nothing but work, earn, save, mind my own business and then be slated by some narrow minded folk about hoping we rot in hell and die in our own wotsit after stealing from the young. I just have to keep reminding myself that I, as a parent am all for a HPC. I admit I did nothing particularly wonderful to achieve such wealth, which incidentally means naff all to me until I die (unless I want to take on more debt by MEWing) but equally I did nothing to create HPI either. Thankfully the majority of people are not bitter and twisted and can see that for themselves.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Hmm absolutely and I was one of those, that is until I got continually insulted by one member. I enjoy reading, learning and digesting what I read here but it still sticks in the throat to have done nothing but work, earn, save, mind my own business and then be slated by some narrow minded folk about hoping we rot in hell and die in our own wotsit after stealing from the young. I just have to keep reminding myself that I, as a parent am all for a HPC. I admit I did nothing particularly wonderful to achieve such wealth, which incidentally means naff all to me until I die (unless I want to take on more debt by MEWing) but equally I did nothing to create HPI either. Thankfully the majority of people are not bitter and twisted and can see that for themselves.

You'll be glad to hear Mark6423's account has since been deleted for continued disregard of forum rules.

Edited by HousePriceLottery

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Joined,

Voted.

Lets hope they realise they can tap into something here, it's about more than a few nutters on a website (self included in that description). Its about the struggles of an entire generation, its about the strength of our economy going forward.

Well done to those that started the ball rolling on this un.

HOLA4414
Joined,

Voted.

Lets hope they realise they can tap into something here, it's about more than a few nutters on a website (self included in that description). Its about the struggles of an entire generation, its about the strength of our economy going forward.

Well done to those that started the ball rolling on this un.

signed

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I've voted. Whatever your views on the politics, the free market etc., you should vote. Getting house prices (and the government's failure to control a massive bubble) on to the political agenda is a big issue.

Only about 20 or 30 people have voted since yesterday, meaning the gun lobby are doing better than us! Please get voting on this; it only takes a short time to register.

HOLA4425

I've voted. Whatever your views on the politics, the free market etc., you should vote. Getting house prices (and the government's failure to control a massive bubble) on to the political agenda is a big issue.

Only about 20 or 30 people have voted since yesterday, meaning the gun lobby are doing better than us! Please get voting on this; it only takes a short time to register.

Edited by JST