Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Its lagging behind the house price curve, but has risen nearly four fold over ten years so will have to correct sometime <_<

Yes. But before that we will see the average house price below 100oz of gold, and possibly even below 80oz.

It's not the Cartel, you fool.

It's naughty pixies.

So you could escape them because they were busy? :lol:

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Purely out of interest you understand, how many times HAVE you had to change your smalls since friday btw? :P:)

I hope once a day is OK. Twice on days I do sports. :lol:

BTW, this does not scare me. What scared me today is RBS, because I had to leave money in an account with them because I kind of expected what gold is doing at the moment. I hope they hold out at least as long as this gold correction lasts. But then, what do I know. Possibly better to buy asap. :unsure:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Can someone explain, how can gold reach $1500 or $2000 or evan $5000 an ounce if the "cartel" has the power to force the price down if they so wish? Are we not at their mercy?

No, because they have used up almost all their powder. They can keep the market suppressed with paper, but not forever since some demand physical (other central banks, investors).

They are not entirely stupid, so they won't burn it all. They know that in the end paper buys nothing, and gold is everything.

At some stage, they will actually panic and buy it back. That's when Gold will shoot beyond Pluto.

Edited by Goldfinger

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Don't they have enough gold to play that game untill the recesion is passed and the price of gold would naturally be falling due to high interest rates? If they dont have that much gold then who has got it and could they not then control the price?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Don't they have enough gold to play that game untill the recesion is passed and the price of gold would naturally be falling due to high interest rates? If they dont have that much gold then who has got it and could they not then control the price?

When exactly do you expect the recession/great depression to pass?

HOLA4419
I think it's called a "Smack-Up"

(and I'm sure I can see an inverted head and shoulders in there somewhere....)

I haven't a clue about technical analysis and charts and head and shoulders (isn't that a shampoo for dandruff?) and such high falutin' stuff, but I'm pretty damn sure that gold will not drop back below $850. Call it what you will, a hunch, accumulated understanding/wisdom because I'm getting old and have been studying human nature and amusing myself with studying finance and economics for years, or whatever. Imo, if you get an opportunity to buy anywhere near $850 you'll be quids in within 6 - 8 months. The deflation/inflation argument is, and will continue to be, irrelevant to the price of gold. The inflation/deflation argument may have relevance in minor cyclical upturns and downturns but that's not what we are facing now. This is the big one....something the world has never seen before. Gold will continue to be the ultimate safe-haven as it has been from the dawn of history. It's all about psychology, human nature, not charts and technicalities.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Just my 2p

fssponfx1.gif

Looks like a very interesting chart but I have yet to find a way to read it, and similar charts. Even my best bi-focals don't let me see what is written and I don't know how to instruct my computer to help my failing eyesight. Would it be too much of an imposition to ask you to give me a quick analysis of what the chart is saying? I'd be ever so grateful

HOLA4422
Just my 2p

Concurs with my thinking. Although there is also support around 887. I am hoping for a quick dip back into the 860 area before serious buying kicks back in. If it breaks back over 920ish then I doubt it will drop that far near-term.

Edit: Rambling

Edited by Red Kharma

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
I haven't a clue about technical analysis and charts and head and shoulders (isn't that a shampoo for dandruff?) and such high falutin' stuff, but I'm pretty damn sure that gold will not drop back below $850. Call it what you will, a hunch, accumulated understanding/wisdom because I'm getting old and have been studying human nature and amusing myself with studying finance and economics for years, or whatever. Imo, if you get an opportunity to buy anywhere near $850 you'll be quids in within 6 - 8 months. The deflation/inflation argument is, and will continue to be, irrelevant to the price of gold. The inflation/deflation argument may have relevance in minor cyclical upturns and downturns but that's not what we are facing now. This is the big one....something the world has never seen before. Gold will continue to be the ultimate safe-haven as it has been from the dawn of history. It's all about psychology, human nature, not charts and technicalities.

I agree entirely. Learning technical analysis is about reading that very psychology and human nature in some otherwise tedious numbers and candlestick shapes. To be a black belt at TA you need to understand the emotions of those trading the market. Only when you can do that do you have any chance of predicting the next movement grasshopper. Now we'll see how old you really are.

HOLA4425