• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Its lagging behind the house price curve, but has risen nearly four fold over ten years so will have to correct sometime <_<

Gold is the ultimate safe haven, IMHO it should correct when it seems all will be well with the financial system, all the news suggests the opposite - Monolines, many big banks in the western world are in trouble, it appears that the US may be going bankrupt, new frauds seem to be appearing daily etc. etc.

The price seems to slowly march upwards in spiky steps but slides down on sharp drops. That�s my analysis for what its worth. I don�t rate the naughty pixies analysis much.

I think TA may be a useful tool if you intend to trade in and out, I dont. i just dollar cost average as I am saving in gold.

Is South Africa going the same way as Zimbabwe? The mines may not open again for years if it is.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Looks like a better and better buying opportunity is developing here. Love it. Thanks to the Cartel, that they make our gold so cheap. :lol:

You may be right. Or, on the other hand, the opportunity now is to sell and get out of the market for a few years. Remember that after the big crash in gold in the early 1980's may saw buying opportunities all the way down from $850 to $122.

There is a point when the market turns and the knife begins its descent. Its like houses, a cycle. There is a point at which the cycle moves down and only selling opportunities come into play.

As of now the money is being repatriated to the US with much of it seen as risk aversion. The economy is still active but the worst of the HPC has yet to be felt. IR are coming down to try to soften the drop as inflation and recessions do not go together.

GOLD 02/05/2008 08:03 888.80 889.60 -16.10

HOLA4411
IR are coming down to try to soften the drop as inflation and recessions do not go together.

Inflation and recessions can coexist ...its called stagflation. Don't you see this as likely outcome as the Asian economies demand more more resources and sterling is devalued?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Looks like a better and better buying opportunity is developing here. Love it. Thanks to the Cartel, that they make our gold so cheap. :lol:

Thought you were fully invested?

Personally I like the cartel - They're giving money away, seems silly not to take it off their hands.

HOLA4414
Thought you were fully invested?

Personally I like the cartel - They're giving money away, seems silly not to take it off their hands.

I am fully invested, but I also have some income. So I save every month a little. And this goes into gold and silver. The cheaper the Cartel makes it for me, the better. Because in the long run, they're screwed.

HOLA4415
Yes. But before that we will see the average house price below 100oz of gold, and possibly even below 80oz.

An average house price of 100oz either means a gold price of around £2000/oz[1], an average house price of £50000[2], or a bit of both... Are you really expecting to see gold rise and houses fall sufficiently for 100oz to have the same value as an average house?

[1] Which, as I understand, would be setting quite a precedent.

[2] Which in its own way would be pretty incredible too!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
I am fully invested, but I also have some income. So I save every month a little. And this goes into gold and silver. The cheaper the Cartel makes it for me, the better. Because in the long run, they're screwed.

You are that confident about gold and silver? How long have you been of this opinion?

What price do you see avarage houses at when they are the same as 100 ounces?

I think they are about £220,000 at the moment I would guess about £150,000 if the 35% drop is correct which would make gold £1500 per ounce or more than three times what it is now.

I hope you are right.

HOLA4419

I have been looking into how long it would take a tradesman to earn a gold sovereign, a pound as it was before 1914 when it was "withdrawn". I found a website that seemed to sugest that a bricklayer or carpenter would earn just over 7 shillings a week (10 hour day, 6 day week). There is 20 shillings to a sovereign so it would take a tradesman three weeks to earn a sovereign. In todays money a carpenter can earn 24 sovereigns in three weeks, possibly alot more in London. A policeman in this period would earn 16 shillings a week. Seems to me that a sovereign would be worth about £500-£800 of todays money.

Does anyone have any knowledge about wages in this period? I would think that the true value of gold can be calculated on this basis.

Just as they have stopped making 2p out of copper as the copper is worth more than than 2p so now they are steel with copper plating I think.

http://www.victorianweb.org/economics/currency.html

HOLA4420
:rolleyes:

So this $1000 by Xmas thing....any particular year?

I've made it absolutely clear that my long term target is in excess of $1650 by 2011. I don't trade the market. I've also said on countless occasions that the price day to day, or even week to week is relatively irrelvant. I mean, who actually cares (apart from the spread-betters) if gold goes up or down by $100 (or more)?

I'm interested in the price in 2-3 years time. I've been 'in' gold since 2000 and continue to buy regardless of the 'white noise' of daily/weekly price movements.

Edited by Errol

HOLA4421

Direct from South Africa:

heard in a bar today that government has agreed that mines stay closed therefore saving

enough power to enable the rest of country to be relativly power cut free and will pay mine

owners compo...seems a reasonable solution to an insoluable problem and all it will do is

incrrease the price of gold leading to mine owners having a bigger wedge

as i say this was a discussion in abar with two guys

Also, chinese coal production faltering due to weather...on top of South African coal down too....

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
If you'd never bought gold before, would you start buying it now?

Without doubt fook yes buy gold buy silver.

you have many ways, goldmoney, bv, ebay, gold/silver bars and the most underperformer ready to explode quality junior miners.

I'm still loading up every single month on something regardless of current price, i got physical, goldmoney and equities and accumulating more with every paycheque.

the stock market explosion in 90's, the tech boom in 90's, the housing boom in 00's have all been described as booms - this bull market in gold, the parobilic mania stage has been described as an explosive bull market that will overshadow and desecrate all booms in all markets over the past 50 years. It will make the tech boom look like a bump in the road, hpi look like a bee sting, this motherfooker is gonna be mount everest in comparison.

buy gold/buy silver, this current correction may be the last great buying opportunity before it leaves 1000 behind.

Beware this is not a quick process, it is also an unpredictable process - the mania CANNOT be predicted, what can be predicted is according to current policy and economics and unless there is major policy change this mammoth gold bull blow off WILL happen.

If the fundamentals change i'm out - at the moment and for the forseeable future i'm in and i urge all that do not know or understand precious metals or their behavior, start learning now and use your knowledge wisely.

HOLA4424
Without doubt fook yes buy gold buy silver.

you have many ways, goldmoney, bv, ebay, gold/silver bars and the most underperformer ready to explode quality junior miners.

I'm still loading up every single month on something regardless of current price, i got physical, goldmoney and equities and accumulating more with every paycheque.

the stock market explosion in 90's, the tech boom in 90's, the housing boom in 00's have all been described as booms - this bull market in gold, the parobilic mania stage has been described as an explosive bull market that will overshadow and desecrate all booms in all markets over the past 50 years. It will make the tech boom look like a bump in the road, hpi look like a bee sting, this motherfooker is gonna be mount everest in comparison.

buy gold/buy silver, this current correction may be the last great buying opportunity before it leaves 1000 behind.

Beware this is not a quick process, it is also an unpredictable process - the mania CANNOT be predicted, what can be predicted is according to current policy and economics and unless there is major policy change this mammoth gold bull blow off WILL happen.

If the fundamentals change i'm out - at the moment and for the forseeable future i'm in and i urge all that do not know or understand precious metals or their behavior, start learning now and use your knowledge wisely.

Could you describe such fundamentals that would encourage you to reduce your gold holdings?? Deflation...dollar bounce...??? What do you think the signals would be?

HOLA4425