House Price Crash Forum

Real Issues -tv Shows Inc Gypsy Wars And Talk Shows

HOLA441

Watched Gypsy Wars last night.

I cant believe as a society we allow this to go on.

Around 50 irish travellers all pull up into an establish town, park their caravans on some land and then rip the sheete out of it.

How on earth do they afford this.

They all have acaravans, brand new 4x4s to pull them, kids have quad bikes etc. (more than likely on benefits!)

Best part was when a police officer pulled up and asked if any of them required Welfare.

Of course they dont - tell them to go get a job and live like everyoe else.

Then i watched some trisha or Jeremy Kyle to see how the low lifes are doing with their 14 kids.

Shock - a man comes on been claiming unemployment benefit for 18 years and has claimed over £100,000 unemployment benefit in that time plus other benefits. Never worked a day in 18 years.

Bloody disgraceful our government would allow this to happen.

Surely a simple plan is to give them 3 months of every year. Nobody should be out of work for more than quarter of a year.

HOLA442
HOLA443

I fookin' hate pikeys.

When I was at college I worked for a supermarket.

A load of pikeys came in one day and just started p1ssing in the freezers all over the frozen food knowing that the food was in sealed containers but would be thrown out back in the bins as it was covered in gypsy p1ss.

I f00kin hate pikeys too.

HOLA444

A load of pikeys came in one day and just started p1ssing in the freezers all over the frozen food knowing that the food was in sealed containers but would be thrown out back in the bins as it was covered in gypsy p1ss.

I f00kin hate pikeys too.

Presumably they'd have it out the bins and eat it later? :o

Hell of story by the way. You might want to send it to this place:

http://www.ogmac.co.uk/sidcup/readerpike.htm

HOLA445

Watched Gypsy Wars last night.

I cant believe as a society we allow this to go on.

Around 50 irish travellers all pull up into an establish town, park their caravans on some land and then rip the sheete out of it.

How on earth do they afford this.

They all have acaravans, brand new 4x4s to pull them, kids have quad bikes etc. (more than likely on benefits!)

Best part was when a police officer pulled up and asked if any of them required Welfare.

Of course they dont - tell them to go get a job and live like everyoe else.

Then i watched some trisha or Jeremy Kyle to see how the low lifes are doing with their 14 kids.

Shock - a man comes on been claiming unemployment benefit for 18 years and has claimed over £100,000 unemployment benefit in that time plus other benefits. Never worked a day in 18 years.

Bloody disgraceful our government would allow this to happen.

Surely a simple plan is to give them 3 months of every year. Nobody should be out of work for more than quarter of a year.

I'm totally against you on this one.

The racism against gypsies in this country is fast-approaching Nazi level.

I suppose if this was Germany 1940 you'd hate Jews also. It sickens me how the media have turned the country against them in the last few years.

Gypsies - the only ethnic minority that it's politically correct to discriminate against in the UK.

(I'm not a traveller by the way, but I have respect their lifestyle choice.)

Nobody should be out of work for more than quarter of a year.

Good idea. We should send them to some sort of 'camp' to work.

HOLA446
I'm not a traveller by the way, but I have respect their lifestyle choice.

So do I, provided they don't abuse other people's property and/or expect other people to pay for them.

But when they turn up as they did a few years ago and take over a company's car park, which the company are paying rent for and without which they can't readily operate, I can hardly find any sympathy for such behaviour or anyone who supports it.

HOLA447

So do I, provided they don't abuse other people's property and/or expect other people to pay for them.

But when they turn up as they did a few years ago and take over a company's car park, which the company are paying rent for and without which they can't readily operate, I can hardly find any sympathy for such behaviour or anyone who supports it.

So you dislike the travellers that turned up in the companies car park or all travellers because of these travellers that turned up in the car park? Surely, the difference between the 2 is the crucial point...

HOLA448

Of course.

It's still generally ok to say "I fookin' hate pikeys" and "I fookin' hate pikeys too" and no-one bats an eye lid until eventually it's generally accepted that "everyone fookin hates pikeys".

I happen to think there is no "right way" to live, and a nomadic lifestyle should be an option for people who want it.

The bloke the film crew were following last night was barred from all the pubs in the village because he happened to be a gypsy - exactly like Africans were excluded in the US and exactly like jews were treated in Nazi Germany.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

while i feel the gypsy way of life is not one to be crushed by us. i feel sites should be made available for them via councils for 6 month durations and then move to the next provided site etc.

i saw the program. i felt sorry for them ebing moved on all the time, but then within a minute of arriving at a site the gypsy kids chewed up the local park on a 4x4 quad bikes. i feel if they want help they should offer some more social responsibility too in the areas they travel to.

control yourselves and i feel a lot of people would beleive the cause of freedom you wish to live by.

respect others/neighbours/locals way of lives if you want respect for the way you want to live.

no one wants a bunch of tearaways loose in the town. cant they understand that ?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I think all gysies, pikeys, tramps etc should have the legal right to go and piss in the corner of ANY of TTRTR's wandsworth hovels.

At least it will keep them off the streets, although they may complain about having their living standards 'downgraded' by being forced into the sh!tehole that is Wandsworth.

PS - Q. What's a Wandsworth? A. About 15% less than it was last year!!!

Edited by CrashIsUnderWay

HOLA4415

while i feel the gypsy way of life is not one to be crushed by us. i feel sites should be made available for them via councils for 6 month durations and then move to the next provided site etc.

If they pay council tax, and the same average rent per rural/urban acre as everyone else then no problem. More the merrier. I've got no problem with them doing this whatsoever.

HOLA4416

I suppose if this was Germany 1940 you'd hate Jews also. It sickens me how the media have turned the country against them in the last few years.

Gypsies - the only ethnic minority that it's politically correct to discriminate against in the UK.

agreed, i was about to post something similar. In fact people always say "Pikey" maybe because it is a conveniently vague label for an ethnic or social group instantly associated with a certain anti-social behaviour.

HOLA4417

IMO, the openly spouted bile & discrimination against 'travellers', whether romany, hippy, homeless or whatever is becoming overwhelming in the uk.

I see it as another knee jerk reaction from some property obsessed, home-owning mortgage slaves worried, about the effect such alternative sub-cultures have on their house prices or opening their eyes to alternative lifestyles.

They wish to scape-goat and destroy anything that is of a different view or choice to wage slavery, brick & mortar fascism.

There's good & bad in any group. As soon as we start referring generally to 'them' that rational view is lost. :angry:

Of course, such discrimination does not exist on hpc.co.uk where 'Charlie the Tramp' is promoted to moderator :)

HOLA4418

IMO, the openly spouted bile & discrimination against 'travellers', whether romany, hippy, homeless or whatever is becoming overwhelming in the uk.

I see it as another knee jerk reaction from some property obsessed, home-owning mortgage slaves worried, about the effect such alternative sub-cultures have on their house prices or opening their eyes to alternative lifestyles.

They wish to scape-goat and destroy anything that is of a different view or choice to wage slavery, brick & mortar fascism.

There's good & bad in any group. As soon as we start referring generally to 'them' that rational view is lost. :angry:

Of course, such discrimination does not exist on hpc.co.uk where 'Charlie the Tramp' is promoted to moderator :)

My sentiments exactly. I am appalled at how acceptable it's become to be well, racist. Whilst I'm aware that racial prejudice remains an issue, until a couple of years ago I thought we'd grown out of the worst of this revolting trait.

HOLA4419

My sentiments exactly. I am appalled at how acceptable it's become to be well, racist. Whilst I'm aware that racial prejudice remains an issue, until a couple of years ago I thought we'd grown out of the worst of this revolting trait.

I'm not really convinced that this is racism. People are expressing an opinion based on the behaviour of members of the travelling community. If enough of that community behave in a manner which people find offensive or anti-social, it stands to reason that the group will be associated with that behaviour. Of course it is wrong to generalise, but is it untrue to say that travellers are guilty of anti-social behaviour? Is it true to say that they are disproportionately guilty of anti-social behaviour when compared to the rest of the population? I am not sure of the answer to these questions.

The term "chav" is equally as offensive as "pikey", and is used frequently. It is probably an example of a similar phenomenon.

Part of the issue with travellers is the fact that they refuse to be herded like sheep onto the 8% of the land that the rest of us are on. Maybe the true anti-socials are the rich landowners who successfully keep us couped up so they can enjoy the countryside for themselves?

HOLA4420

Have you ever had any direct experience of those loveable rogues ? It's not their freedom I despise them for, it's the thieving, the burglary, the petty crime, the ripping off of old dears, the dumping of rubbish, the multiple benefit claiming that goes on whilst working cash in hand, the way that they are immune from the justice system in this country..... and that's a mild mannered start.....

HOLA4421

The term "chav" is equally as offensive as "pikey", and is used frequently. It is probably an example of a similar phenomenon.

Couldn't agree more. There's a really unpleasant petit bourgeois (sp?) snobbery about, which seem to me to be based on people's completely misguided view of where they themselves fit in the socio-economic hierarchy (below me, natch).

Maybe the true anti-socials are the rich landowners who successfully keep us couped up so they can enjoy the countryside for themselves?

Food for thought indeed. You're a Smell after my own heart :blink:

Edited by vicster

HOLA4422

(I'm not a traveller by the way, but I have respect their lifestyle choice.)

Good idea. We should send them to some sort of 'camp' to work.

Don't get me wrong.

I do not equate PIKEY with GYPSIES.

I do not equate COUNCIL HOUSE TENANT with CHAV.

In my understanding I would describe pikeys as the badly behaved gypsies (tut, tut) who turn up and squat when not wanted but also rob, steal, destroy and generally make a mess before they move on.

I've got nothing against gypsies at all.

And if they're looking for somewhere to live then 90% of the land in the country is owned by the rich few, so maybe they could try there first :lol:

PS - Q. What's a Wandsworth? A. About 15% less than it was last year!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4423

Have you ever had any direct experience of those loveable rogues ? It's not their freedom I despise them for, it's the thieving, the burglary, the petty crime, the ripping off of old dears, the dumping of rubbish, the multiple benefit claiming that goes on whilst working cash in hand, the way that they are immune from the justice system in this country..... and that's a mild mannered start.....

Spot on.

I doubt that the PC brigade that are screaming "discrimination" have ever had them living on industrial estates or patches of wasteland in their neighbourhood's, nicking anything they can, smashing anything that doesn't belong to them, leaving litter and human/animal excrement everywhere, dealing in drug's and firearm's etc etc...

They have no respect for anything I own or my way of life, so why should I have any respect for their waste of space existance..

Edit to say that I am talking about pikeys, not proper gypsies/travellers etc.

Edited by BTman

HOLA4424

My own experience of gypsies is irrelevant, and I did not infer or refer to them as 'lovable rogues'. My point is that even if my family were raped & killed by Gysies, I would have no right to generalise and lump the whole group in as having the same behaviour.

A commonly used property myth is 'what do you know about housing when you have not ever owned a house' this is used as a vehicle by bulls to attempt to dismiss what the bear/wanna be ftb is saying.

IMO, you are using a similar device.

I don't thing the prog makers did them any favours calling it 'Gypsy Wars'. Such documentaries often focus on the confrontation issues, as do the similar 't!ts up' type of tv prog.

HOLA4425