House Price Crash Forum

Boxing Day Supply Surge?

rantnrave

HOLA441

New supply noticeably lacking in areas I'm watching - particularly compared to Sep & Oct. Stock levels remain static, but I'm wondering if there will be a large flood on Boxing Day? I've not heard of this phenomenon before, but apparently it is one of the busiest days on Rightmove. PropertyIndustryEye are talking about it, and a friend has been advised to hold off putting their property on the market - even though the marketing is all ready - until Dec 26th. Could there be a particularly noticeable surge in new listings, more so than in other years, just a couple of weeks away?

HOLA442
HOLA443
2 hours ago, rantnrave said:

New supply noticeably lacking in areas I'm watching - particularly compared to Sep & Oct. Stock levels remain static, but I'm wondering if there will be a large flood on Boxing Day? I've not heard of this phenomenon before, but apparently it is one of the busiest days on Rightmove. PropertyIndustryEye are talking about it, and a friend has been advised to hold off putting their property on the market - even though the marketing is all ready - until Dec 26th. Could there be a particularly noticeable surge in new listings, more so than in other years, just a couple of weeks away?

Sellers and EAs will wait for the Spring Bounce. 🤣

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
9 hours ago, rantnrave said:

(...)

I'm wondering if there will be a large flood on Boxing Day? 

(...)

No.

9 hours ago, mynamehere said:

I think it's busiest day for page views, not listings. 

Yes.

HOLA447
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA448
On 12/10/2022 at 5:20 PM, rantnrave said:

Nice piece of critical thinking RR

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Down in the North East, albeit with some ludicrously priced new listings (20%+ on 2021 sold values) that the EA is positively creaming themselves over in the property descriptions - despite them being fairly run of the mill. Gentlemen, the desperation is surely beginning to set in.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Just got the number of RM listings from Property Lion.

Bounced from the last run ( on the 12 December ), up 0.58% but down on the month by 0.73%,  so the fall in listings would be a seasonal lull. Given listings would have fallen more before Christmas then I'd say there was a definitely bounce.

....seems to be a bit of a rush to get selling already though.

Year on year....available listings up 63%.

Full quarterly report tomorrow.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4419

I'm surprised there is any spike in listings, isn't everyone on holiday still? Who is listing or viewing right now?

I know scotland is different, but literally not one single propery has been listed in my search area since 23rd. Bank holiday today so tomorrow should be interesting

HOLA4420
HOLA4421