House Price Crash Forum

New listings

Timm

HOLA441

Anybody else fancy keeping an eye on this?

I've been doing a daily search for new instructions (including price reductions) within a 5 mile radius on rightmove for years. Over the last year, I might be lucky to see more than 10 in any given 3 day period (That's the 3 day filter in RM that I use to make sure I don't miss anything). 

Now I am seeing 30+

Today:

New instructions (including price reductions): 32 

Total available in same search area: 312.

HOLA442
HOLA443

I used to do this and had several years of data. I gave up when COVID pushed house prices up another 20 or 30 percent. My plan became to buy a houseboat when I retire. Apparently someone on 100k is supposed to retire into a houseboat. No. I'm not bitter at all. ******ing disgrace of a country. Looks like things might be about to improve though.

I no longer have all the stats, but I'm not seeing a great deal of change where I am at the moment. There are a few more properties on. Hopefully the number available will continue to rise, from almost nothing. Around 250 at the moment. Used to be 7 or 8 hundred a few years ago.

HOLA444
36 minutes ago, Timm said:

I've been doing a daily search for new instructions (including price reductions) within a 5 mile radius on rightmove for years. Over the last year, I might be lucky to see more than 10 in any given 3 day period (That's the 3 day filter in RM that I use to make sure I don't miss anything). 

Now I am seeing 30+

Today:

HOLA445

Seeing probably about 50% of listings reduced, panic selling listings thinking they have missed out so trying to get rid.

Unfortunately the listings are still mediocre dross that no-one is going to buy even at 30% reduction.

HOLA446
1 hour ago, Timm said:

Now I am seeing 30+

Today:

I do the same and there are definitely more coming on, mainly at lower end. I am also seeing reductions at the top end but from absolutely mental prices vs even a couple of years ago.

HOLA447
On 05/10/2022 at 10:50, Timm said:

(...)

Today:

Today:

New instructions (including price reductions): 30

Total available in same search area: 331.

HOLA448
HOLA449
On 13/10/2022 at 09:16, Timm said:

Today:

New instructions (including price reductions): 30

Total available in same search area: 331.

Today:

New instructions (including price reductions): 35

Total available in same search area: 335.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

EA told me 'its back to the old normal for this time of year' where the agent has to chase up buyers. Not like last spring where buyers were bidding up each other in a frenzy, often over asking price (west Wales 2021/22 HPI +20%). Soon there will be a Mexican stand off, then comes the flood of distress, whoosh. I believe that next spring will be epic and dramatic! They just don't know it yet.

Edited by DarkHorseWaits-NoMore
add detail

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Unusual day today. Typical pattern is for reductions on the Monday and Tuesday of the week then new instructions for the rest of the week. Had a look at lunchtime and the only reduction was a flat.

Now it's 18 reductions and 21 new instructions. The reductions include 3, 4 bedroom houses. I've not included new builds advertised by the developer in these figures.

(this is in Buckinghamshire)

Edited by Flopsy
miscounted

HOLA4416

A copy and paste from the folliwing thread:

"P.s. can confirm my usual Rightmove search criteria today is the highest it's been since I've been looking...242 houses (3 bed, £290 or under, 5 mile radius).

In the dark days, late 2020, and most of 2021 it was as low as 70-80 houses."

Well today just hit 250 houses!!! That's over a 200% (approx.) increase in volume from the very lows!!!

Edited by highcontrast