House Price Crash Forum

Will Russia invade Ukraine and what happens if it escalates with NATO/US getting involved

coypondboy

HOLA441
3 hours ago, MerchantNavy said:

That still doesn't explain why Putin would want to get rid of him. He's done his job.

Erm..Putin is not adverse to throwing people under a bus when it suits (or the odd balcony).

Maybe you missed that?

Also - Prezghorin has 'a lot he can talk about', stuff that would incriminate Putin, directly involve him. There is no such thing as 'doing your job and that's it' in the dirty business of war crimes. You'd have to be very naive to believe that. It's not a blue collar job behind a desk at the building society you know.

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staffsknot

• Si1

• rollover

• pig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

Novaya Zemlya nuclear test site remains ready for nuclear tests

"The task set by the Russian president to prepare for nuclear tests will certainly be accomplished. The Novaya Zemlya nuclear test site has been kept in ready condition for the resumption of nuclear tests if such a need arises," he said.

On February 8 that nuclear tests could be resumed at the Novaya Zemlya nuclear test site if such a need arose and a political decision was made. "A special program is in effect to maintain the testing site’s readiness," he explained.

The Novaya Zemlya nuclear test site is maintained by the Russian Defense Ministry’s 12th Main Department. A total of 130 tests were carried out there between September 21, 1955, and October 24, 1990, including 88 atmospheric, three underwater and 39 underground tests.

tass

HOLA443
29 minutes ago, rollover said:

Novaya Zemlya nuclear test site remains ready for nuclear tests

"The task set by the Russian president to prepare for nuclear tests will certainly be accomplished. The Novaya Zemlya nuclear test site has been kept in ready condition for the resumption of nuclear tests if such a need arises," he said.

On February 8 that nuclear tests could be resumed at the Novaya Zemlya nuclear test site if such a need arose and a political decision was made. "A special program is in effect to maintain the testing site’s readiness," he explained.

The Novaya Zemlya nuclear test site is maintained by the Russian Defense Ministry’s 12th Main Department. A total of 130 tests were carried out there between September 21, 1955, and October 24, 1990, including 88 atmospheric, three underwater and 39 underground tests.

tass

More nuclear willy waving fro Putin I see. 

But putin is right to make the tests because he can't be certain that critical parts havn't been sold off on ebay...as is the way in 'mother Russia'. 

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
9 hours ago, IMHAL said:

More nuclear willy waving fro Putin I see. 

But putin is right to make the tests because he can't be certain that critical parts havn't been sold off on ebay...as is the way in 'mother Russia'. 

the problem now is most people left in Russia wouldn't have any technical knowledge.  That and the fact that equipment is rusted shut and missing parts.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Just now, yelims said:

Yep one can actually stream Russian main channel Rosiya1  easily

https://www.ontvtime.ru/live/russia1-tv.html

There are other links on first page of google search 

Right now live they seem to be getting quite excited about Xis visit 

8090D3DB-D11C-4991-9BF9-04123FDFC4B3.thumb.png.b03da711295ceea145fd7ef336d5a8ce.png

Interesting stuff, Xi willing to be associated with a genocidal maniac.  

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 hour ago, yelims said:

Yep one can actually stream Russian main channel Rosiya1  easily

https://www.ontvtime.ru/live/russia1-tv.html

There are other links on first page of google search 

Right now live they seem to be getting quite excited about Xis visit 

8090D3DB-D11C-4991-9BF9-04123FDFC4B3.thumb.png.b03da711295ceea145fd7ef336d5a8ce.png

The general concensus is that China wants this war to continue to exhaust both Russia and the West. China has everything to gain and nothing to lose, so long as it keeps it's hands reasonably clean.

I'd be surprised if they strayed from lending moral support to encourage Russia to 'keep at it'.

HOLA4412
15 hours ago, yelims said:

So you can’t prove it because you invented ******** in a classic russian tradition 

while I can point higher on thread to you doing just that, excusing russian crimes 

speaking of crime

E75EA7B8-7E25-4797-ABF2-3A08421B50B9.thumb.png.bf39e7e18cd94e5e7d56b4a005f27989.png

What relevance does this have? Are you trying to justify bestiality? You really are a sick twisted individual. No wonder you were defending Azov Nazis.

HOLA4413
1 minute ago, MerchantNavy said:

What relevance does this have? Are you trying to justify bestiality? You really are a sick twisted individual. No wonder you were defending Azov Nazis.

Put your spec on, clearly Belarus and Russia allow sex with animals, along with allowing many other unacceptable things.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
4 minutes ago, MerchantNavy said:

You keep inventing and attributing things to me in a true Russian troll style to cover up your continued excuse of these Peado Russian nazis

HOLA4416
Just now, satsuma said:

Yeh Putin can’t get it up 🤣 

Would be a great tabloid headline 

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/02/21/politics/russia-intercontinental-ballistic-missile-test

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 minute ago, MerchantNavy said:

You keep failing to understand, I don't care about either party. You on the other hand are defending Azov neo Nazis.

I thought they all got killed by Russians in Marioupol?

How can one defend (you still not able to prove I done so by linking to relevant post) someone who is dead?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
20 minutes ago, MerchantNavy said:

If Russia is Serious about De-Nazification, it Should Start at Home | Royal United Services Institute
https://rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/commentary/if-russia-serious-about-de-nazification-it-should-start-home

HOLA4423
Just now, jonb2 said:

If Russia is Serious about De-Nazification, it Should Start at Home | Royal United Services Institute
https://rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/commentary/if-russia-serious-about-de-nazification-it-should-start-home

You don't need to tell me, I know Russia has it's own problems.

Yelims, on the other hand, seems to think he can post his bs of everything Russian bad, everything Ukrainian good and then get away with it.

HOLA4424
20 minutes ago, MerchantNavy said:

You don't need to tell me, I know Russia has it's own problems.

Yelims, on the other hand, seems to think he can post his bs of everything Russian bad, everything Ukrainian good and then get away with it.

Sure, it depends on your stance. It's very difficult to keep emotion out of it. I feel like Yelims a lot of the time as encountering the reported atrocities in fire-hose volume and in real time does something to the mind. Particularly if you have a lot of empathy.

However, I see no equivalence for argument.

Because:

Russia started the war

Putin is certainly a psychopath who doesn't give a shit about anybody but himself - and most importantly is willing to kill anybody in his way

The Kremlin is an enemy of the West

I have seen no pictures of mass graves of Russian civilians

The kidnapping of children is an old Nazi technique of ethnic cleansing

The West has a free (ish) media making the likelihood of reporting being more objective compared to Russia's

The old Soviet states are the most vocal in confining Russian aggression as they had decades under its boot

Dictators like Putin are extremely dangerous once they get to the point of imperialism. You *could* say the same for the West, except it has far more constraints by nature of free speech and much more accountability compared to one man at the top . Which is why, in order to do anything he wants - he needs to brutally subjugate his subjects.

The question we need to ask, and knowing appeasement has always resulted in more violence - is Putin as bad as Hitler?

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it"

Edited by jonb2

HOLA4425