House Price Crash Forum

NEW UK Election Poll: Labour lead by 5%; Farage up to 6%

Warlord

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Well this is a surprise to me. Looks like voters are turning against Boris

well in a few short days he has managed to alienate just about everyone who would have voted for him...for absolutely no gain.

First it was the norther Pitri dish...arguing over 5Mn FFS, which will not be forgiven or forgotten in the red wall. Then as soon as London and the south look to be in trouble, its all hands to the money pump again...which has upset his core voters.

The irony is all of these furloughed baristas wont vote for him.

I am not sure if it is my age but this lot really do seem totally inept.

Theres talk of 80 rebels for the vote on 2 Dec...Stamer might even let this one go in the hope of a leadership challenge. How on earth have they got into this situation with such a big majority???

I think once this lockdown and BREXIT are over...he's out on his ear and good riddance.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

The Tories are hardly going to vote for another election. They might vote for another leader though if they think he is doing a particularly bad job.

Yeah but then they come under pressure to go to the country.

You just never know with British politics you should know this ! 

HOLA448

Is there an election imminent? no, so meaningless

I was going to post "theres a bit more at stake than an election"...but is there???

I have been out and about and in my local shopping area even gift shops are doing click and collect...nearly everything is open..no one gives a damn any more.

The graphs that were shown on saturday appear to be false, we have U turn after U turn, total confusion, money being hosed everywhere. He should have stuck to swinging on a wire and hosting irreverent TV quiz shows. That way the bumbling idiot persona would still be endearing.

As it is he's making Theresa May look competent.

HOLA449

Maybe they steer us through Covid, get Labour in to pick up the pieces (haha for a change they can have a stab at fixing an economic disaster not of their making) - they get the rap for being utter hopeless again and Tories back in as things are turning around. 

I'll start looking at relocating though. 

HOLA4410

I was going to post "theres a bit more at stake than an election"...but is there???

I have been out and about and in my local shopping area even gift shops are doing click and collect...nearly everything is open..no one gives a damn any more.

The graphs that were shown on saturday appear to be false, we have U turn after U turn, total confusion, money being hosed everywhere. He should have stuck to swinging on a wire and hosting irreverent TV quiz shows. That way the bumbling idiot persona would still be endearing.

As it is he's making Theresa May look competent.

true and I can see a backlash against this current unnecessary lockdown, there were already protests last night in central London.  The Tory incompetency extends beyond just Boris though, Hancock, Sunak are just as clueless and the Opposition is hardly better.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

true and I can see a backlash against this current unnecessary lockdown, there were already protests last night in central London.  The Tory incompetency extends beyond just Boris though, Hancock, Sunak are just as clueless and the Opposition is hardly better.

Oh dont get me started on Keir "Tony without the laughs" Starmer!

As for the Tories; Boris is their leader so its all down to him IMPO.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Elections can happen any time. Ask Theresa May 

But she CALLED the election.  It didn't just randomly pop up out of nowhere. 

You can be 100% sure Boris is not going to call an election.

I know you get excited by all these opinion polls - and they are interesting: I think a vast number of people (including me now) think the government is doing a bad job.

But that isn't going to result in anything until 2024.

HOLA4420

But she CALLED the election.  It didn't just randomly pop up out of nowhere. 

They felt they had no choice though. Sometimes you have to go to the country if you change leader otherwise you risk looking undemocratic like Brown in 2007-2010 .

They could chuck out Boris once he has served a purpose (Brexit). Would not surprise me .

Edited by Warlord

HOLA4421

I wonder how these numbers woud look now if Boris had formed a temporary wartime coalition government in thes spring, as part of recent national emergency legislation?  Not seen this idea anywhere.

There was never goiing to be any happy endings here, spreading decision making would also spread the blame as well as depoliticising this. 

Trust that spiv comrade farageski to try to exploit this virus and stir up more divisions.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I sure hope so. The vote in parliament was 550-50 in favour of Lockdown 2.0  ... And people wonder why I DO NOT VOTE ? @scottbeard

These people don't represent me.

They don't need to if you don't vote.  They need to appeal to the people who might give them a job for the next 5 years, not the people who don't matter to them ie the non-voters like yourself.

HOLA4424

They don't need to if you don't vote.  They need to appeal to the people who might give them a job for the next 5 years, not the people who don't matter to them ie the non-voters like yourself.

Even if I voted, the useless idiot wouldn't listen. Politicians do not listen otherwise they would not institute another disastrous lockdown.  Farage provides some much needed real opposition.

HOLA4425

Interesting, a month ago it looked like this. Can't remember seeing your thread about it? Did you accidentally forget to post this, or did I just miss it?

It's fine though. 1) Polls are b*llsh*t, 2) Election's not for 4 years yet (probably, unless kneeling becomes the new racism, or whatever the evil of the week was the week before, then Boris definitely will 😉 . Starmer hasn't done too well in not kneeling I would say. Much worse than Boris)