HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
On 24/05/2019 at 12:41, ftb_fml said:

ffs, just die already...

Bit like the Terminator ..

The Negotiator ...

I remember watching the twitching corpse of Bradford n Bingley for a few months before the BoE picked it up and snapped its neck.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/investing/article-1697946/Your-Bradford-Bingley-shares-are-worthless.html

Investors' shares were wiped out when the lending arm of B&B passed into public ownership in September 2008 and the savings arm was sold off to Spanish banking giant Santander.

The bank was driven under by the credit crunch as homeowners struggled to repay loans.

B&B's shares closed at 20p each on the final day of trading before nationalisation - but they had been as high as £5.20 - valuing a windfall at £1,300.

Shareholder groups argue that the share price had been driven down artificially by speculators. B&B, perhaps best known for its bowler hat logo, was listed on the London Stock Exchange in December 2000.

I agree. The SP had been driven down by speculators ... sadly the speculators  were all working in  the bradford n Bingley BTL loan unit at the time ...

HOLA448
HOLA449
On 26/05/2019 at 06:27, spyguy said:

Bit like the Terminator ..

The Negotiator ...

I remember watching the twitching corpse of Bradford n Bingley for a few months before the BoE picked it up and snapped its neck.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/investing/article-1697946/Your-Bradford-Bingley-shares-are-worthless.html

Investors' shares were wiped out when the lending arm of B&B passed into public ownership in September 2008 and the savings arm was sold off to Spanish banking giant Santander.

The bank was driven under by the credit crunch as homeowners struggled to repay loans.

B&B's shares closed at 20p each on the final day of trading before nationalisation - but they had been as high as £5.20 - valuing a windfall at £1,300.

Shareholder groups argue that the share price had been driven down artificially by speculators. B&B, perhaps best known for its bowler hat logo, was listed on the London Stock Exchange in December 2000.

I agree. The SP had been driven down by speculators ... sadly the speculators  were all working in  the bradford n Bingley BTL loan unit at the time ...

Countrywide:

701.00 on 17 March 2014

High: 701

Low: 5

Low/High: 0.7% (over a 99% fall!)

Bradford and Bingley:

High: 520

Low: 20

Low/High: 4%

... so the B&B figures look relatively unscathing next to eye-watering joke that is Countrywide.

So "speculation bias" - surely doesn't even come close?

The BoE killed B&B (sold it off) and we all swallowed the bail out pill (for this and many other ills).

I suppose I should be glad that the BoE hasn't bailed out Countrywide. Or maybe surprised that BoE hasn't enforced a CW bailout?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
21 hours ago, Aidan Ap Word said:

Countrywide:

701.00 on 17 March 2014

High: 701

Low: 5

Low/High: 0.7% (over a 99% fall!)

Bradford and Bingley:

High: 520

Low: 20

Low/High: 4%

... so the B&B figures look relatively unscathing next to eye-watering joke that is Countrywide.

So "speculation bias" - surely doesn't even come close?

The BoE killed B&B (sold it off) and we all swallowed the bail out pill (for this and many other ills).

I suppose I should be glad that the BoE hasn't bailed out Countrywide. Or maybe surprised that BoE hasn't enforced a CW bailout?

Id disgree wit hthat.

BnB was shutdown as it fed massively with its funding and BTL lending.

It was shutdown as the bank was going to pieces in a disorderly way. Burned thru its capital and was bust.

How much have the idiots banks circa 2002-2007 been bailed out?

Hard to say.

The real bad bank stuff is still sitting around.

UK might n=ot have cash loss on the business but youve got the pain misery and economic f-wittery that has been borne mainly by the under 50s, mopping up the chaos of the mainly bankers and their over 50s borrowers.

13 years on from 2006 the UK is hardly booming.

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, Burbujista said:

Happy new all time low! 4.87p!

Well this years all-time low for me has to be the OnTheMarket TV ads.

Dire.

I am noticing a fair few exited EAs whihc turn out to be CW subs.

However bad the SP looks, the worse is going to be in offices  up n down the UK.

Just checked.

EAs are out competing Debs

https://www.estateagenttoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2019/5/estate-agency-branches-top-league-table-of-shop-closures-across-britain

HOLA4414

On the Market have always been sickening...

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-7079635/Are-walls-crashing-cheap-online-estate-agent-boom.html?offset=20&max=100&jumpTo=comment-428269429#comment-428269429

Yours truly couldnt help himself faced with the Filby's moaning about not having any viewings:

"Yvonne and David Filby did not have a single viewing after signing with Purplebricks last August" DID YOU THINK ABOUT REDUCING THE PRICE YOU COUPLE OF STUPID FUGLIES ?

image.png.20b1aa59356f448a8bd0036ffbdae4b8.png

They look a bit like the Wilsons....he's definitely got the look of Fergus about him......was the photographer a dwarf or are they extraordinarily LARGE ?

Edited by Spindler

HOLA4415
2 hours ago, Spindler said:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-7079635/Are-walls-crashing-cheap-online-estate-agent-boom.html?offset=20&max=100&jumpTo=comment-428269429#comment-428269429

Yours truly couldnt help himself faced with the Filby's moaning about not having any viewings:

"Yvonne and David Filby did not have a single viewing after signing with Purplebricks last August" DID YOU THINK ABOUT REDUCING THE PRICE YOU COUPLE OF STUPID FUGLIES ?

They look a bit like the Wilsons....he's definitely got the look of Fergus about him......was the photographer a dwarf or are they extraordinarily LARGE ?

he yare doing it all wrong.

They need to have their arms crossed and looked p1ssed off.

The reality for anyone advertising a house For Sale these days is, as long as it ends up on RM, then anyone interested in buying will have seen it.

The days of changing EA because the current one did not 'advertise well' excuse has long gone.

No-ones interested because its the price is too high.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
7 hours ago, spyguy said:

Id disgree wit hthat.

BnB was shutdown as it fed massively with its funding and BTL lending.

It was shutdown as the bank was going to pieces in a disorderly way. Burned thru its capital and was bust.

How much have the idiots banks circa 2002-2007 been bailed out?

Hard to say.

The real bad bank stuff is still sitting around.

UK might n=ot have cash loss on the business but youve got the pain misery and economic f-wittery that has been borne mainly by the under 50s, mopping up the chaos of the mainly bankers and their over 50s borrowers.

13 years on from 2006 the UK is hardly booming.

All good points. But all I meant was that B&Bs share price collapse is nothing next to the share price collapse we see in CW. 

Screenshot_20190529_222017.jpg

HOLA4418
16 hours ago, Spindler said:

I'm on 49 downvotes to 40 upvotes for my comment on This is Money....I find it fascinating to ascertain the sentiment.....homeowners/sellers just do not want to face the reality of the comment......they want it all their way and anyone who points out some plain facts is despised......that's fine...these kinds will just chase the market down.....

Most people are not very sophisticated in their dealings in the property market as shown by people actually signing up to HTB.....and ignorant vendors who cannot recognise that they have had it so good for so long and that the worm has turned....they really think they are doing you a favour by selling their over priced plot and pile of bricks and UPVC....they think it's the Golden Goose they are selling....

As SpyGuy quite rightly points out....as long as it's on RightMove the EA is pretty much irrelevant.....the property rests on its attributes together with the price......if there is no interest your price vs the attributes is out of kilter.....and needs adjusting accordingly.....DOWN

image.png.7e801942f7a510cb502ad916032ef4ee.png

But of course that is total ANATHEMA to these very very unsophisticated Vendors they simply don;t want to hear it

Edited by Spindler

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
2 hours ago, Aidan Ap Word said:

The ex online EA offering free advice is a moron.

All EA's will be online within 5 years - they dont have the cash flow to maintain a high street presence with a large window.

There's nothing CW can do, other than beg their LL (oh the irony) for a rent reduction.

All EAs will end up posting listings on RM and operating from a cheap office with parking, somewhere out in a cheap area - industrial zone, etc.

The only value add that an EA can provide is guidance on pricing (which they are shit at) and progressing chains.

EAs can - and still do - aid a sale. Its just the other stuff they are shit at.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I am genuinely surprised they are not offering a franchise option to their staff.. 

Sell a branch off to who ever can afford it, they then lease the established order book, office, furniture, other services back to the unlucly Branch owner,, then they could behind the backs of their new franchisees setup an online portal, initially billed to aid the growth of the company, but then undercut the franchisees with the same orderbook. Then they will allow the franchisees to buy themselves out of the Countrywide name and franchise if they survive long enough. If not they will fine them for failing 

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, Monkey said:

I am genuinely surprised they are not offering a franchise option to their staff.. 

Sell a branch off to who ever can afford it, they then lease the established order book, office, furniture, other services back to the unlucly Branch owner,, then they could behind the backs of their new franchisees setup an online portal, initially billed to aid the growth of the company, but then undercut the franchisees with the same orderbook. Then they will allow the franchisees to buy themselves out of the Countrywide name and franchise if they survive long enough. If not they will fine them for failing 

Rather harsh, but business is business.

I am not sure how any of their EAs would take this up and succeed.

The EAs who do take this up would either need to:

• fail to understand how this sort of franchise agreement would leave them carrying the debt and the obligations in the failing business
  • understand how this would likely end (be it via the mechanics you describe or something similar) and still believe the orderbook they are "buying" is worth the risk

Methinks EAs are not the sharpest things in the knife ... um .. the knife .. um ... the thing they keep the knives in.

Of course, the CW leadership should either be clued up enough to work mechanics like this or they shouldn't have the jobs they have held for months/years. How bright the CW leadership is ... a separate debate, of course.