Is it time for another riot?

Parkwell

HOLA441
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Just now, sPinwheel said:

No one cares about taking away your gold. Stack away. Quietly. And if the S doesn't hit TF at least it looks pretty and can still be swapped for precious fiat.

If crypto-currency takes over for most "grey" and "black" transactions... then yes, gold will be forgotten about. But if gold takes to the skies and loads of people move away from fiat / shares / bonds into physical gold... then a 1930s style crackdown is quite possible.

HOLA443
3 hours ago, Stateless said:

They learn't how to use the camera's to prosecute looters. Might put off a lot of casual looters.

I don't understand why you wouldn't just cover your face if you intended to riot/loot. Are the people doing this of such low IQ that they don't even have the foresight to bring a scarf? (sidenote: hello MI5)

HOLA444

if there's another kick-off... I would think the government will have to begin relying on "neighbourhood watch" groups to enforce peace in neighbourhoods because there simply aren't enough police to deal with even the low incident levels we have now. I think that could reinforce some of the ghettoisation we have already... mainland UK may begin resembling northern ireland of the 70s-90s in some ways.

HOLA445
14 hours ago, scottbeard said:

About 60% of London's population was born in the UK.

About 60% of London's population is White.

But don't equate or confuse the two - around a quarter of the UK-born Londoners are Black or Asian, and a large chunk of London's White population are from Australia or elsewhere in Europe: for example, London houses the largest Lithuanian population outside Lithuania itself.  

As to the Royals, I guess in this context Prince Harry announcing his engagement to someone who isn't White and wasn't born in the UK suggests that Harry at least wouldn't have too many problems with London's demographics. :) 

And Harry's got about as much Saxe-Coburg DNA as I have. :ph34r:

HOLA446
HOLA447
17 hours ago, scottbeard said:

About 60% of London's population is White.

Not sure where you got this from but it is factually wrong.

London is clearly minority white now. The white population is something like 45-48%. It's been like this since at least 2012.

HOLA448
On 06/12/2017 at 2:46 PM, dougless said:

Agreed, the only thing that surprised me about August 2011 is that some people seemed surprised it happened.

And what surprised about 2012 is that so many weren't surprised that it didn't.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
14 hours ago, Locke said:

I don't understand why you wouldn't just cover your face if you intended to riot/loot. Are the people doing this of such low IQ that they don't even have the foresight to bring a scarf? (sidenote: hello MI5)

They did cover there faces, they weren't completely stupid. What the police did was to match there clothes/height/build etc before or after the actual criminal footage. Before they approach/leave the crime scene. It works as a deterrent now as only a really dumb person would think they could get away with Rioting/Looting. (sidenote MI5: noted)

HOLA4411
17 hours ago, Errol said:

Not sure where you got this from but it is factually wrong.

London is clearly minority white now. The white population is something like 45-48%. It's been like this since at least 2012.

My "60% White" comment is derived from the 2011 census when 59.79% of people responded as saying that they were White.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_London

If you have a more up to date source please do share it.

HOLA4412

Probably should be clarified to white Britons (and this is what concerns me and obviously should concern the nation - as clearly having London full of white non-Britons isn't wholly desirable either!). I think this is what I first meant when I initially raised it on the 'Strange Death of Europe' thread, but someone I confused it with just white. Either way, it's still shocking and plain evidence of the changes happening to the UK and London. According to 'The Strange Death of Europe', White Britons are an ethnic minority in 23 out of 33 of London's boroughs:

Statistics from last year’s census show that 45 per cent of the capital’s 8.2 million population class themselves as white Britons.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/census-reveals-white-britons-as-minority-in-capital-for-first-time-8405998.html

And note that the number of white Britons is dropping pretty quickly as well:

There are now 3.7 million white Britons in London, down from 4.3 million in 2001

HOLA4413

Regarding 80s riots Vs 2011 riot's, I was young in the 80s riot's, but didn't feel affected as they seemed very far away (even though I was living in a suburb of Birmingham).

The ,2011 riot's felt a lot more violent, aggressive and real.  I can see a 2011 riot scenario kicking off again.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
37 minutes ago, chronyx said:

Live but non-lethal I assume? Otherwise we've swung straight from "MUH HUMAN RIGHTS" to warfare

Which wouldn't surprise me to be fair. Society seems to have bipolar disorder as it is 

I think the preferred phrase is 'less-lethal'.

You know, just so that people don't get the idea that non-lethal rounds don't kill people.

Bit of an oxymoron, though.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

With the way things are kicking off in the ME I wouldn't be surprised if we have a set of riots in the UK based around 'supporting our brothers in Palestine against the oppressive west'.  And they wouldn't do too much to stop them, either.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
45 minutes ago, chronyx said:

A riot on the Edgeware Road near Maida Vale would certainly improve the look of the place.  Worth streetviewing for comedy/horror.

I don't think riots have designated kick off locations. They tend to be a bit random. It might be in your garden.....

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived