House Price Crash Forum

Best way to get rid of cheap wine?

HOLA441

We seem to have acquired via various house guests a number of cheap bottles of wine that I have no intention of drinking.

What’s the best way to get rid of this? I am not sure charity shops will take it and there are not enough local raffles. Crisis Centre? Any other suggestions?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
14 minutes ago, Byron said:

Leave the bottles uncorked, it will turn into red wine vinegar.

Not a bad idea!  I like a chemistry experiment.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
9 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

We seem to have acquired via various house guests a number of cheap bottles of wine that I have no intention of drinking.

What’s the best way to get rid of this? I am not sure charity shops will take it and there are not enough local raffles. Crisis Centre? Any other suggestions?

You could take it to a local care home for the staff Xmas party.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
8 hours ago, Grab_Some_Popcorn said:

You could take it to a local care home for the staff Xmas party.

Think that’s what i’ll do or to the Tesco drop off.

Whilst I liked the idea of giving it to Crisis, some of their customers don’t need to be encouraged on the alcohol front.

HOLA4418
4 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Sounds like wine snobbery and 1st world dilemmas! I doubt most blindfolded would be able to tell difference between a selction of Aldi/Lidl's finest and very expensive wines. A bit of colour dye in some white wine would fool most!

Aldi and Lidl do actually stock some decent wine. 

Whilst it may be a bit of snobbery on my part, I’m not drinking to get lashed and would rather have something smooth and aged that something harsh that will be guaranteed to give me a headache.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
8 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Sounds like wine snobbery and 1st world dilemmas! I doubt most blindfolded would be able to tell difference between a selction of Aldi/Lidl's finest and very expensive wines. A bit of colour dye in some white wine would fool most!

A documentary from a few years ago showed that the people who selected the Queen`s wines failed badly on just such a test......

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1 hour ago, dances with sheeple said:

Yep, or just give it away to the local winos. Until you have tasted it you don`t really know if it is good or bad anyway?

mulled wine!. you can pick up the spices cheap enough,and you just need to throw t in the microwave with the spicy teabag thing.bring to high heat(not boil) and stand for 10 mins.. sweeten with honey or sugar to taste....proper winter warmer and works with even the most rancid reds!

Archived