House Price Crash Forum

Guardian: London House Prices Down

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
1 hour ago, GreenDevil said:

Start selling up their BTLs?

Yeah - Remember Michael Meacher MP -- Very "left wing" Labour MP - recently deceased -- he owned 9+ properties in & around London -- all paid for by us....   SCUM.  AND -- the whole HPI thing was engineered and orchestrated when Bliar & Idiot-Brown were in government......   So - don't EVER kid yourself that a "left wing" government is EVER going to solve any of the problems of hpi and the rest...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jan/20/politics.labour

More:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/27/michael-meacher-left-fortune-of-5m-but-debts-of-more-than-1m-say/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2860073/STEPHEN-GLOVER-typically-touch-Labour-millionaire-stand-thieves.html

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 minute ago, Patient London FTB said:

Usual shoddy journalism from the Mail. Headline mentions 50% discounts, the closest the actual copy comes to that figure is 30%. 

Lovely bear food though. 

Good to see HPCers have integrity and expect good journalism even when it is in our favour.

The headlines are coming thick and fast now!!

itson.jpeg

HOLA4411
On 9/29/2017 at 9:32 AM, Up the spout said:

As it's the Graun, expect Islington residents to panic first.

Islington has one of the highest rates of private renting in the country. I expect a straw poll of Islington residents would find most of them quite happy to see house prices fall.

HOLA4412

At the end of the day the numbers of voters that do not own or are not buying a home is growing....the problem of HPI, lack of homes that families can buy and high rents in certain places is concerning more people, even some of the people that do own, they fear for their children's chances for the future......not forgetting multi home owners only have the one vote.;)

HOLA4413

One of my friends who bought 3 Bed Semi in Pinner in Harrow for £550K did his best to convince me to buy his neighbor's 3 bed semi for £640k just 3 months after he bought.

I see similar tendency among other friends who suggested me to buy houses in their street for more price than they paid few months ago.

This thinking seems like hey if my buddy buys similar house for much higher price, my house value will automatically increase as my house is similar to his and my loan to value ratio will decrease.

This is what housing mess in this country is turning people into. Pure speculators and they call this speculation as SMART INVESTING.

HOLA4414
2 hours ago, Simhadri said:

One of my friends who bought 3 Bed Semi in Pinner in Harrow for £550K did his best to convince me to buy his neighbor's 3 bed semi for £640k just 3 months after he bought.

I see similar tendency among other friends who suggested me to buy houses in their street for more price than they paid few months ago.

This thinking seems like hey if my buddy buys similar house for much higher price, my house value will automatically increase as my house is similar to his and my loan to value ratio will decrease.

This is what housing mess in this country is turning people into. Pure speculators and they call this speculation as SMART INVESTING.

The greater fool theory states that the price of an object is determined not by its intrinsic value, but rather by irrational beliefs and expectations of market participants. A price can be justified by a rational buyer under the belief that another party is willing to pay an even higher price.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
5 hours ago, Simhadri said:

Great friends youve got then...

But dont worry HTB extension is gonna solve everything ;)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
On 29/09/2017 at 10:20 AM, eric pebble said:

Yeah - Remember Michael Meacher MP -- Very "left wing" Labour MP - recently deceased -- he owned 9+ properties in & around London -- all paid for by us....   SCUM.  AND -- the whole HPI thing was engineered and orchestrated when Bliar & Idiot-Brown were in government......   So - don't EVER kid yourself that a "left wing" government is EVER going to solve any of the problems of hpi and the rest...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jan/20/politics.labour

More:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/27/michael-meacher-left-fortune-of-5m-but-debts-of-more-than-1m-say/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2860073/STEPHEN-GLOVER-typically-touch-Labour-millionaire-stand-thieves.html

........ten widgets for us....one widget for you..... don't ever say we don't give you anything.;)

HOLA4419
15 hours ago, rantnrave said:

Lots of relevant threads this can go on (from yesterday)

London_Evening_Standard_30_9_2017_400.jp

There was some very blunt talk from an EA - I think from  Pendleton's - in that article, about the need to price realistically, and EAs needing to be honest with vendors, etc. Of course it's obvious and common sense but good to see them actually saying it - as more and more are doing now - because they know they're not going to sell anything overpriced and if they don't sell anything there's no money coming in. 

You do have to wonder how Foxton's is rethinking its former strategy, which apparently was to overvalue everything at ludicrous + 10%.  

HOLA4420
32 minutes ago, Mrs Bear said:

There was some very blunt talk from an EA - I think from  Pendleton's - in that article, about the need to price realistically, and EAs needing to be honest with vendors, etc. Of course it's obvious and common sense but good to see them actually saying it - as more and more are doing now - because they know they're not going to sell anything overpriced and if they don't sell anything there's no money coming in. 

You do have to wonder how Foxton's is rethinking its former strategy, which apparently was to overvalue everything at ludicrous + 10%.  

In the real world that doesn't work because EA are no longer valuers, vendors are, they see what last sold near to them in the last couple of months and add 10%......if the agent tries to say not realistic they sign-up to one that does agree and is happy to market with their so called bubble valuation.....then are surprised when the last house to sell was sold 10% below that one sold six months ago.;)

HOLA4421
4 minutes ago, winkie said:

In the real world that doesn't work because EA are no longer valuers, vendors are, they see what last sold near to them in the last couple of months and add 10%......if the agent tries to say not realistic they sign-up to one that does agree and is happy to market with their so called bubble valuation.....then are surprised when the last house to sell was sold 10% below that one sold six months ago.;)

Well, yes, agreed, but maybe the penny is beginning to drop at last?  

However, Foxtons are still good for a laugh.  I just checked the mini area I keep an eye on in SW17.  There is a terribly dated maisonette  - a hideous-decor probate (by the looks of it)  - needs LOADS of work - which was originally on with some faraway and evidently clueless agent for way over what was reasonable even by daft standards, given the cost of doing up. 

Now on with Foxtons at a good chunk more than sensible even by still-daft standards - and it's described as 'superb' with a 'smart' kitchen!   

• 9 months later...
HOLA4422
On 01/10/2017 at 09:04, Mrs Bear said:

Well, yes, agreed, but maybe the penny is beginning to drop at last?  

However, Foxtons are still good for a laugh.  I just checked the mini area I keep an eye on in SW17.  There is a terribly dated maisonette  - a hideous-decor probate (by the looks of it)  - needs LOADS of work - which was originally on with some faraway and evidently clueless agent for way over what was reasonable even by daft standards, given the cost of doing up. 

Now on with Foxtons at a good chunk more than sensible even by still-daft standards - and it's described as 'superb' with a 'smart' kitchen!   

So --- Where are we now??   What are the latest wheezes the govt & 'powers-that-be' are using now???   

Just can't believe how there hasn't been a SERIOUSLY Bloody Revolution.....:wacko:

HOLA4423
3 hours ago, eric pebble said:

So --- Where are we now??   What are the latest wheezes the govt & 'powers-that-be' are using now???   

Just can't believe how there hasn't been a SERIOUSLY Bloody Revolution.....:wacko:

Why should their be, its only london that is so ridiculous and that is slowly coming down 

10 years from now we will look at how high the prices were and be in shock