House Price Crash Forum

Establishment steal another £10K of your pension and 1 year of your life

HOLA441
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Britain's state pension age should rise to 68 earlier than previously planned, the government proposed on Wednesday, meaning people born between 1970 and 1978 will need to work an extra year before being able to retire. Reuters

Sorry, there is no money for everyone. We saved banks, homeowners, ensure nice income for BTL ....... and now for Brexit. But someone have to pay for it.

HOLA443

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40658774

Keep spending tens of billions on foreign aid and tens of billions on people who move here and have lots of children for benefits.Spend billions on housing benefit passed to rentier friends.

To pay for it hit the people actually working.

Of course the answer is this.Go on ESA for the year its not means tested.Appeal against getting booted off it when they give you zero points for being fit as a fiddle.It will take around a year to get to this anyway.After 11 months come off ESA and go on JSA.Doing this you will get 11 months ESA and 6 months JSA without being means tested.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
8 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

In a way this is just a reflection of the fact that people will still need to be working to pay off their jumbo 35-year mortgage by the time they are 68...

People will start dying younger soon enough.  These ****s have robbed us all blind and are refusing to stop.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
3 minutes ago, TwoTearsInABucket said:

This will not be the end of it. The changes I mean. It might well be the start of the end of the state pension. At the very least they will make it needs based.

If you are under 45, forget about a state pension. Do not calculate that into your plans.

Nope it will be the dole/JSA instead. Unless they realise paying pension works out cheaper then expect the pension age to drop down again drastically.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 minute ago, Social Justice League said:

The answer to all this is to work part time your whole life.

3 days a week maximum.  Never retire, but have plenty of spare time throughout your life instead of packing it all in at the end when you are

too old to enjoy it.

Whilst paying back student debt, deposit for house, massive 35 year mortgage, etc.

HOLA4418
7 minutes ago, PopGun said:

They can rise the pension age all they want, as in 28-30 years they'll hardly be any jobs left never mind ones suitable for dotage.

They dont care about the jobs, they care about keeping the cash and forcing you to live off what you have.

It's f**king day light robbery and all, IMHO< to bailout the bankers, line the pockets of the rich.

People really need to get off their **** and protest.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

If people live longer they need to work longer, it's hardly rocket science, so the basic idea of this doesn't bother me (even though I've been caught in it). That it's being used to prop up those who haven't with what they're "entitled" to is where it gets annoying.

HOLA4421
2 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

If people live longer they need to work longer, it's hardly rocket science, so the basic idea of this doesn't bother me (even though I've been caught in it). That it's being used to prop up those who haven't with what they're "entitled" to is where it gets annoying.

********, it's nothing to do with that, the torys have spent all the cash bailing out the bankers and the rich, they are lining their own pckets at an astonishing rate, they want all of us to pay for private pensions, which is privatized tax which is going straight to the London spivs who are running the 2nd biggest ponzi ever.

HOLA4422
1 minute ago, Social Justice League said:

The answer to all this is to work part time your whole life.

3 days a week maximum.  Never retire, but have plenty of spare time throughout your life instead of packing it all in at the end when you are

too old to enjoy it.

I am inclined to agree.

Moreover, you only have to pay a relatively small amount of Class 1 NIC each year to qualify for the fixed rate new state pension. In fact in State Pension terms the abolition of SERPs actually made it pointless to pay NIC more than the amount needed to accrue a qualifying year of Pension Contributions.  

HOLA4423
1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

********, it's nothing to do with that, the torys have spent all the cash bailing out the bankers and the rich, they are lining their own pckets at an astonishing rate, they want all of us to pay for private pensions, which is privatized tax which is going straight to the London spivs who are running the 2nd biggest ponzi ever.

I've said it before and I'll F****** say it again, this is what happens when you give control of the money supply over to scum private companies.

HOLA4424
6 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

An average salary job of around £26k would net you around £1,200 per month after tax, working 3 days a week.

Can you get well paid jobs which are part time?  In IT I have never met anyone part time - of course if you are a teacher or doctor it is different.

HOLA4425
6 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Good point, reduce the benefit cap in London to the be the same as the rest of the UK first.