• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
1 hour ago, Peter Hun said:

2021 Tesla Model Y review: Nearly great, critically flawed

The Tesla Model Y seems like the complete package, but its active safety suite is so fundamentally flawed that the whole dish is completely ruined.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/reviews/2021-tesla-model-y-review/

That’s a hatchet job of a review, posted by someone shorting Tesla stock. I think the reviewer has done the same.

HOLA444
HOLA445

The CEO of GM appears to be going insane -

KILLED By Tesla: The Last Breath Of GM (bankrupt soon)

I suspect an increasing  backlash against crossovers & Suv's as crushing fuel inflation makes buyers & pcp leasers regret paying more for these juicy vehicles that will increasingly become targets of climate change taxation .

The big auto makers may be blamed  by the buyers for brain washing them 

Cars are too big nowadays and their headlights are far too bright  I'm sick of cars almost blinding me when they approach, it seems worse in those awful 4x4/7 seater horrors everyone drives. (range rover, land rover, Nissan Duke, X5)  

HOLA446
5 hours ago, Chunketh said:

That’s a hatchet job of a review, posted by someone shorting Tesla stock. I think the reviewer has done the same.

Typical Teslacult.

Hes given many positive Tesla reviews in the past. This issue has been reported by other Tesla owners.

HOLA447
8 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

2021 Tesla Model Y review: Nearly great, critically flawed

The Tesla Model Y seems like the complete package, but its active safety suite is so fundamentally flawed that the whole dish is completely ruined.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/reviews/2021-tesla-model-y-review/

Sounds like maybe some got a USA built "Friday Afternoon" car. Not heard this as a problem from any UK model 3 owners. 

HOLA448
HOLA449
6 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

Typical Teslacult.

Hes given many positive Tesla reviews in the past. This issue has been reported by other Tesla owners.

Hardly a fanboi, but he is over dramatising the breaking. In one shot you see him lean toward long after he/the car brakes.

he goes on and on about the costs as well.

not at all impartial as the reviews are generally very positive.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
48 minutes ago, Saving For a Space Ship said:

Porsche Whistleblower: “60% of all delivered Taycan have battery issues that caused replacements, damages and fires”

https://www.teslarati.com/porsche-whistleblower-taycan-battery-charger-fires-coverup/

Easy this electric vehicle lark init, if Tesla can do it , all Legacy makers will piss it as they have soooooo much experience making cars. 

That's my mind made up, my next change of EV wont be until the new Tesla Roadster is available in the UK.  

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
6 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

No media coverage outside the Teslacult?

its early days and I I hope its wrong, but given some other manufacturers issues this year ....

Hyundai to replace 82,000 electric-vehicle batteries over fire risk https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56156801  

GM Recalls Every Chevy Bolt Ever Made Over Faulty Batteries The automaker is recalling the electric vehicle after investigating two manufacturing defects linked to car fires.

https://www.wired.com/story/gm-recalls-every-chevy-bolt-ever-over-faulty-battery-fire-risk/

HOLA4416
4 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I guess if you’d bought yourself a car in 2017 and sold out today you’d have doubled your money. So yet another on point thread predicting the future. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you had bought Tesla shares in Dec 2017 and sold pre omicron dip you would have made 20x

good lord

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Chunketh said:

If you had bought Tesla shares in Dec 2017 and sold pre omicron dip you would have made 20x

good lord

I bought Tesla shares in 2016 😉 , but i'm a long term investor and bought more immediately post split , still hold them all, 50 shares. Perfectly happy.  

Someone here who took bought Tesla short shares in 2020 though, not so much! 🤕

HOLA4418
10 hours ago, markyh said:

Easy this electric vehicle lark init, if Tesla can do it , all Legacy makers will piss it as they have soooooo much experience making cars. 

That's my mind made up, my next change of EV wont be until the new Tesla Roadster is available in the UK.  

We liked our i3's though didn't we ? Bm a bit of a dark horse in this race with their motorcycle division they do think and act a little differently

Edited by GregBowman

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, GregBowman said:

We liked our i3's though didn't we ? Bm a bit of a dark horse in this race with their motorcycle division they do think and act a little differently

True. my 2017 I3 Rex 94Ah was fab, faultless while i had it. Great fun too, shockingly quick, the Tesla M3 LR is going to be awesome, 2 more sleeps! 

HOLA4420
51 minutes ago, markyh said:

True. my 2017 I3 Rex 94Ah was fab, faultless while i had it. Great fun too, shockingly quick, the Tesla M3 LR is going to be awesome, 2 more sleeps! 

Enjoy now  back over to the covid thread with the mizogs !!

Edited by GregBowman

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
On 01/12/2021 at 12:47, Peter Hun said:

Typical Teslacult.

It's clearly a real and serious problem but with FSD updates now coming almost weekly it's likely that this issue will soon be resolved. Once it is all the cars using this software will be updated overnight to eliminate the problem. 

HOLA4423
On 02/12/2021 at 09:39, GregBowman said:

The i3 showed real potential but for whatever reason wasn't developed.

I suspect back then the petrolheads still ruled and starved it of development funds and their new all electric models make me think this is still the case, why would you stick a huge radiator grill on an EV? 

The specification of their latest iX EV seems pretty underwhelming what lunatic would pay £75k for a 257m (170 on the motorway) range car from a manufacturer with no charging network?   

BMW iX electric car : Models, Equipment, Range & Prices 

HOLA4424
15 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

The i3 showed real potential but for whatever reason wasn't developed.

I suspect back then the petrolheads still ruled and starved it of development funds and their new all electric models make me think this is still the case, why would you stick a huge radiator grill on an EV? 

The specification of their latest iX EV seems pretty underwhelming what lunatic would pay £75k for a 257m (170 on the motorway) range car from a manufacturer with no charging network?   

BMW iX electric car : Models, Equipment, Range & Prices 

I think that's a good summing up. The new BM radiator grills are ugly to another level on all their cars

HOLA4425
17 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

It's clearly a real and serious problem but with FSD updates now coming almost weekly it's likely that this issue will soon be resolved. Once it is all the cars using this software will be updated overnight to eliminate the problem. 

The Lord Our God will provide.