Bossybabe

HOLA441
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I would happily stay in the EU if it made a commitment to try Tony Blair as a war criminal and lock him up in jail forever.

BTW this was a man who was so committed to the idea of a common European approach to world problems that when France and Germany opposed military action in Iraq in 2004 he just ignored them and toadied up to G W Bush on his criminal enterprise anyway.

Truth is the EU  is just another tool Blair can exploit to feed his own massive ego.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I've just started reading "Broken Vows. Tony Blair: The Tragedy of Power" by Tom Bower. I've only just started and I'm horrified at what I've read so far..."Blair's three years at St John's College were mainly spent playing football in the quad and rock music in a hall".  For a politician, his understanding of history was "unusually thin". 

No wonder he got us into Iraq. 

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
17 minutes ago, Bossybabe said:

I've just started reading "Broken Vows. Tony Blair: The Tragedy of Power" by Tom Bower. I've only just started and I'm horrified at what I've read so far..."Blair's three years at St John's College were mainly spent playing football in the quad and rock music in a hall".  For a politician, his understanding of history was "unusually thin". 

No wonder he got us into Iraq. 

Isn't the rock music and football just part of the spin to make him sound like a hip guy? Wasn't there some nonsense when he was PM about supporting Newcastle but he had never been to watch a match or something like that?

HOLA4412
14 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Isn't the rock music and football just part of the spin to make him sound like a hip guy? Wasn't there some nonsense when he was PM about supporting Newcastle but he had never been to watch a match or something like that?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Mandelson certainly proclaimed his love for Hartlepool United - though he's not been seen in the crowd any time recently...

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

HOLA4413
19 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Probably. It sticks in my mind that Bliar said "I'm just a regular guy". Pffftt! I didn't believe it when I saw him say it. Never thought he was sincere when he spoke. As his premiership went on I disliked him more and more. Now I just wish he would disappear.

As for his dreams of EU leader....well good luck with that. IMO it's only a matter of time before the eu disintegrates.

Im looking forward to the results of the elections across the eu this year. I suspect their will be enough "wrong" results to whip things up more!

HOLA4414
2 hours ago, One-percent said:

The top rated comments on our beloved Beeb story on this are telling.

article here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38996179

click highest rated.

me thinks his goose is cooked  

Clicked the highest rated and carried on reading, page after page of extremely negative comments typically 20:1 in favour of virtually stringing him up from a lamp post.

How he actually manages to go anywhere in the UK without being noticed/ridiculed/humiliated by the general public is beyond me.

Says a lot about how out of touch the BBC is as well especially when they make him headline news at 6pm.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
45 minutes ago, ChewingGrass said:

Clicked the highest rated and carried on reading, page after page of extremely negative comments typically 20:1 in favour of virtually stringing him up from a lamp post.

How he actually manages to go anywhere in the UK without being noticed/ridiculed/humiliated by the general public is beyond me.

Says a lot about how out of touch the BBC is as well especially when they make him headline news at 6pm.

There are more than 9000 comments on that article, almost all negative towards Blair.  I don't think I've ever seen anywhere near that many comments on a news article.

HOLA4419
6 minutes ago, richc said:

There are more than 9000 comments on that article, almost all negative towards Blair.  I don't think I've ever seen anywhere near that many comments on a news article.

It is quite demoralising for him. I hope he takes note. He has to come back from cloud cukooland first.

HOLA4420
26 minutes ago, Reebo said:

It is quite demoralising for him. I hope he takes note. He has to come back from cloud cukooland first.

I think he takes the volume of people disagreeing with him as some kind of perverse proof that he is right. Some kind of messianic complex.

after all, a million marched to stop the Iraq war and that seemed only to steel his resolve.

HOLA4421

Gawd. All those tiresome Brexit hustings, debates and arguments. All the strategising, the campaigning, the fake news, the fact checking, the interviews.

It could have all been so simple : "Vote Leave, piss off Blair!"

There's yer landslide.

HOLA4422
7 hours ago, One-percent said:

The top rated comments on our beloved Beeb story on this are telling.

article here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38996179

click highest rated.

me thinks his goose is cooked  

F8ck me! The comments are magic,:lol:

The BBC is worth the licence fee for that alone.:huh:

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
8 minutes ago, SarahBell said:

I had bbc news on and saw their version of his spiel. How he got airtime? He simply taps in to the MSM idea of brexit being hell.

He is like Uncle Frank in Clive Barker's "Hellraiser". Wait until he meets Pinhead.:huh:

HOLA4425

Archived