House Price Crash Forum

Escape rooms

spyguy

HOLA441

And another, along with nail bars, gelato parlours, ivewroteabook!

Im not 100% what these are to be honest. Just i saw one in the telegrapg business section. Its not like they novel. Ive seen other people set them up - a group on early retired coppers.

Is there some sort of massive business promotion thing thst picks a business type and starts pushing them?

Or is there a lot of redundancy money looking to be wasted?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I thought you meant a Panic Room - the kind that rich people have put into their homes and which Jodie Foster was in a film about.

WTF is an escape room?

Euthenasia booths? Escape life!

HOLA445
5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I thought you meant a Panic Room - the kind that rich people have put into their homes and which Jodie Foster was in a film about.

WTF is an escape room?

Dont know. Give it a week and therell be someone in Swansea opening one.

HOLA446
HOLA447
11 minutes ago, davidg said:

Cat bars, if wanted to go drink somewhere that smelt of piss I'd go to my local weatherspoons and not get a load of cat hair on my clothes.

Afficher l'image d'origine[/

My husband is actually going to one of those later, he's on a business trip and misses our cats. The place he's going to is normally booked up a week or two in advance, he would have gone when he was away last year but couldn't get a spot. 

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
29 minutes ago, davidg said:

Cat bars, if wanted to go drink somewhere that smelt of piss I'd go to my local weatherspoons and not get a load of cat hair on my clothes.

Afficher l'image d'origine[/

Cats (or more usually dogs) in pub/restaurants are a big bugbear with me. I am very allergic to the little buggers and out of my nearest 20 pubs, all except one allows dogs.  It is frustrating having to turn down almost every invitation to a pub dinner that we receive (may explain why my friend pool has been diminishing!)

When I move I will ensure there is a pub I can actually spend more than 5 minutes in within 10 miles. 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
48 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Google tells me that they are some kind of puzzle adventure game where several people are locked in a room and they have to work out how to get out. So, nothing could go wrong then.

Sounds a bit like Crystal Maze for the public.

Crystal Maze for the public is actually a thing.  Know a few friends that have done it, photos naturally plastered all over Facebook.

Maybe businesses are using the words 'escape room' because they don't want to pay to use the Crystal Maze name?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
18 minutes ago, reddog said:

Crystal Maze for the public is actually a thing.  Know a few friends that have done it, photos naturally plastered all over Facebook.

Maybe businesses are using the words 'escape room' because they don't want to pay to use the Crystal Maze name?

Before the Crystal Made we had that puzzle game on BBC2 with some pretence of being in an alien world and having to solve clues.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Just now, MrPin said:

Why not have a trip to the crapper? Some people have outside ones!

My grand-parents had one when I was a child. Very cold at certain times of the day and year. IIRC there were grants given in the late 60's/early 70's for millions of people to help pay to have indoor ones.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
54 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Before the Crystal Made we had that puzzle game on BBC2 with some pretence of being in an alien world and having to solve clues.

I think you mean this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventure_Game

Had vague memories of the vortex and had to Google it.

(It's quite interesting that I know a bit about a not particularly popular TV programme from 1980, but have no clue about TV programmes that are on today)

Archived