House Price Crash Forum

House in my town down 20%

EnglishinWales

HOLA441

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63190595.html

I don't know if this is news or not but I thought it was interesting. Obvious BTL, rightmove says bought in 2007 for £124,000, put on market November for £107,900 (or something like that), reduced yesterday to £99,000. Seems a big deal to me given that it's been reduced after just 6 weeks.

Interesting in the blurb it says 'great investment' hahaha.

Edited by EnglishinWales

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
2 hours ago, EnglishinWales said:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63190595.html

I don't know if this is news or not but I thought it was interesting. Obvious BTL, rightmove says bought in 2007 for £124,000, put on market November for £107,900 (or something like that), reduced yesterday to £99,000. Seems a big deal to me given that it's been reduced after just 6 weeks.

Interesting in the blurb it says 'great investment' hahaha.

Out of interest whats it like living in Wales, is it as depressingly wet and miserable as made out? Given the choice would you prefer to live closer to London?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Ruthin's quite nice, head of the Vale of Clwyd running down  to the coast, gateway to the Horseshoe Pass the other way over to Llangollen.

Guess you have the choice of this at 100k and 20% off 2007 peak or a drug's den in Cambridge or Hackney at +60% or 70% peak and at least double the money.

Drug's den it is then.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
8 minutes ago, EnglishinWales said:

Of course not.

Always get the impression Ruthin has a very English feel, typical Tesco/ Market Town that isn't that much different to small towns across the border. 

Wouldn't have thought it gets a lot of trouble like some of the chav towns in the south east that are so richly valued?

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4411

I've been gone too long from England obviously because I'm not sure what an English feel would be. It doesn't have a village green, they play rugby instead of cricket and everything's in 2 languages. Having said that it reminds me a lot of Malton, N. Yorkshire, where I used live: full of rich farmers and boomers. No chavs. Police station isn't even manned.

Might change soon though as austerity is beginning to bite. Lots of reduced rents and sales ads. Shops are closing like crazy because nobody wants to pay the prices they're asking. Prime HPC ground. Jobs are thin on the ground and often part-time. No wonder BTLers are throwing in the towel.

Edited by EnglishinWales

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

In my area the average semi detached house price in 1995 plus inflation would now be £65,700 never mind a terraced.

.....and I am talking about the South East, not even Wales!

I hope that BTL gets f***ed by their own greed.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4414
2 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

Ruthin's quite nice, head of the Vale of Clwyd running down  to the coast, gateway to the Horseshoe Pass the other way over to Llangollen.

Guess you have the choice of this at 100k and 20% off 2007 peak or a drug's den in Cambridge or Hackney at +60% or 70% peak and at least double the money.

Drug's den it is then.

Drug Den. Not Drug's den.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
56 minutes ago, hughjass said:

Never like to see a place with no furniture, how long has it been empty? Gardening wasn't one of the previous occupants hobbies.

I  went to a wedding in Ruthin a few years back seemed pleasant enough. that place should be £70k maximum .

Been on market 6 weeks approx. REALLY hope the scumlord didn't evict the tenants only to have it now sit empty...

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:32 PM, 999house said:

Drug Den. Not Drug's den.

An interesting pedant and one for the off topic forum. I guess the position of my apostrophe is questionable unless the den is associated with  just one type of drug. Meanwhile this journo in Norwich needs re-education too. My grammar was always shit.:mellow: And it doesn't help that this new package on HPC comes without a spell checker.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/crime/norwich_drugs_den_is_closed_down_1_4781370

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4422
13 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

An interesting pedant and one for the off topic forum. I guess the position of my apostrophe is questionable unless the den is associated with  just one type of drug. Meanwhile this journo in Norwich needs re-education too. My grammar was always shit.:mellow: And it doesn't help that this new package on HPC comes without a spell checker.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/crime/norwich_drugs_den_is_closed_down_1_4781370

The news are wrong. No one says drug's den or drugs dealer, unless they have never tried drugs and led a sheltered life ;)

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, crashmonitor said:

Meanwhile this journo in Norwich needs re-education too. My grammar was always shit.:mellow: And it doesn't help that this new package on HPC comes without a spell checker.

I hope that flat has been re-let by the council to a more deserving tenant!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425