House Price Crash Forum

So, who got a gong?

spyguy

HOLA441
40 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

In Murray's case I think he had salvaged a bit of reputation for this country in a major sport where we have been a joke. It was starting to get embarrassing hosting the most prestigious tournament with also rans representing the country. Wimbledon is probably worth a billion or so to the economy over a decade and the justification for hosting it was getting slim.

It has enriched Murray it's been priceless for the country and morale and even GDP.

If that's not worth a knighthood tgen God knows what is. These things are handed out like confetti these days.

Murray is no different to most other wealthy people

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/desperate-tenants-plead-andy-murray-3132786

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
5 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

So the old bint who played mrs Bucket in that terrible comedy to become a dame, and some bit-part actress who 'stars' in Bond films gets an OBE (ticks the ethnic box).

What a load of old shit.

Has Daniel Craig ever made the Honours list?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
4 minutes ago, juvenal said:

Has Daniel Craig ever made the Honours list?

Don't know, don't really care. I'm fairly sure that any recipient is sounded out first - you don't want too many dissenters. Keeps up the myth that only a couple of percent of the people want rid of the royal spongers. 

HOLA449
HOLA4410
6 minutes ago, winkie said:

Time heals and time has a short memory..... but elephants never forget, avoiding taxes is now a good attribute to have.....comes from the top.;)

So what you're saying is that not paying taxes *Trumps* actually paying them..?

;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
24 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

I saw Lynn Faulds Wood's photo on the news and assumed she'd died, but it turns out she simply turned down a gong.

As I said on another thread milking it. Wouldn't have made the news with an MBE accepted. Either turn it down quietly or say I'm not worthy. Not I am worth it but don't agree with the system.

HOLA4413
40 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

So what you're saying is that not paying taxes *Trumps* actually paying them..?

;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

Nobody can avoid paying taxes....Putting petrol in the car or buying a chocolate biscuit and taxes are paid....not a case of paying them but avoiding paying them.....Or worse still avaiding paying them, nobody is suggesting that.....;)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Archived