House Price Crash Forum

Nick Abbot Lbc

HOLA441

The guy used to be right on so many things. However since he bought a flat in london a few years ago he's turned all "houses will never fall in London as there is foreign investment" and "London is disconnected to the rest of the country so even if it did fall in London it would have no knock on affects".

Anyone else listen to him? Still good, but he's lost it a bit

HOLA442

The guy used to be right on so many things. However since he bought a flat in london a few years ago he's turned all "houses will never fall in London as there is foreign investment" and "London is disconnected to the rest of the country so even if it did fall in London it would have no knock on affects".

He used to be my absolute go to radio show.

All he does now is sneer at Brexiters.

Now un-listenable. Completely lost the plot.

I'm now tuning in to Ian Lee on Talk Radio quite a bit.

HOLA443

All the presenters on LBC are either wet or lefties. It's so bad that they try to balance it with slots from Katie Hopkins and Farage. Some of the younger presenters, facing a lifetime renting, try to be a little more balanced.

They claim 'Leading Britains Conversation' but are still very metropolitan, they could host shows from anywhere but don't seem interested.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

All the presenters on LBC are either wet or lefties. It's so bad that they try to balance it with slots from Katie Hopkins and Farage. Some of the younger presenters, facing a lifetime renting, try to be a little more balanced.

They claim 'Leading Britains Conversation' but are still very metropolitan, they could host shows from anywhere but don't seem interested.

Andrew Pierce and Nick Ferrari - their top presenter - are hardly lefties. It's quite balanced actually.

They tend to be middle aged London property owners so not the best source of support for HPC ideas of course.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Andrew Pierce and Nick Ferrari - their top presenter - are hardly lefties. It's quite balanced actually.

They tend to be middle aged London property owners so not the best source of support for HPC ideas of course.

Ferrari recently as turned wet and thank god toryboypierce is still on Friday evenings as he's the only proper conservative left. Guess I'm getting all Alt-right, sorry.

HOLA449

Ferrari recently as turned wet and thank god toryboypierce is still on Friday evenings as he's the only proper conservative left. Guess I'm getting all Alt-right, sorry.

I don't think Mr Ferrari is wet, he is definitely of the right, but he is also an extremely talented journalist and if the facts are in front of him he won't contradict them just to stick to some or other ideology. His job is to be objective.

In the same sort of way, James O'Brien is definitely of the left, but again he doesn't allow ideology to contaminate objectivity either.

HOLA4410

I don't think Mr Ferrari is wet, he is definitely of the right, but he is also an extremely talented journalist and if the facts are in front of him he won't contradict them just to stick to some or other ideology. His job is to be objective.

In the same sort of way, James O'Brien is definitely of the left, but again he doesn't allow ideology to contaminate objectivity either.

Are you taking the piss?

HOLA4411

Are you taking the piss?

No, if you listen to him he often whips himself unto a lather, asking if it his is leftie sensibilities or the facts that should inform his opinion.

HOLA4412

No, if you listen to him he often whips himself unto a lather, asking if it his is leftie sensibilities or the facts that should inform his opinion.

Does it on purpose to appear like he's objective even though he's gonna come down on the left anyway. Can't stand the way he interrupts people he disagrees with and lets others talk drivel on for ages. Aach! (that's me wanting to cough in his middle class leftie face).

Edited by drunkincharge

HOLA4413

James O'Brien is the only presenter I've ever seen\heard, who heckles his audience/callers - it's a fcking awful presenting style Edited by knock out johnny

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Given the slow collapse of the UK rail system London may well end up 'disconnected'.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

HOLA4416

I'm afraid O'Brien isn't objective. Time after time he'll have an opinion which was evidentially supported years ago but can't bring himself to accept that time has moved forward and now the evidence has changed and contradicts is position. His attitude with such topics was once referred to as "neural linguistic programming". He will often attempt to dance on the head of a needle on topics, housing being one in particular. He'll never admit that housing is unaffordable.

HOLA4417

I'm afraid O'Brien isn't objective. Time after time he'll have an opinion which was evidentially supported years ago but can't bring himself to accept that time has moved forward and now the evidence has changed and contradicts is position. His attitude with such topics was once referred to as "neural linguistic programming". He will often attempt to dance on the head of a needle on topics, housing being one in particular. He'll never admit that housing is unaffordable.

He is without doubt the worst radio presenter i've ever heard.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Used to listen to abbott on friday and saturday nights he was great.

Then he pretended to be neutral on brexit and became unbelievably irritating and now shows himself as just another angry in voter and little else, it's a shame, I can no longer stand the bloke.

O'brien is a fascist Liberalist, totally classist but does not seem to realise it, he also does not understand that you do not win a debate by bullying people, he's the worst kind of presenter.

BTW I think abbott lives in a detached house in thornton heath.

HOLA4420

Does it on purpose to appear like he's objective even though he's gonna come down on the left anyway. Can't stand the way he interrupts people he disagrees with and lets others talk drivel on for ages. Aach! (that's me wanting to cough in his middle class leftie face).

He often starts the show with a "I'm not sure how to think, you tell me". Then as soon as he gets into it he's obviously formed his onion.

HOLA4421

Used to listen to abbott on friday and saturday nights he was great.

Then he pretended to be neutral on brexit and became unbelievably irritating and now shows himself as just another angry in voter and little else, it's a shame, I can no longer stand the bloke.

O'brien is a fascist Liberalist, totally classist but does not seem to realise it, he also does not understand that you do not win a debate by bullying people, he's the worst kind of presenter.

BTW I think abbott lives in a detached house in thornton heath.

Yeah he's become pretty annoying with brexit stuff.

Why do you think he lives there? He never gives anything away. Other than he now gets a train into victoria or waterloo these days, So it sounds like somewhere south around there.

HOLA4422

He is without doubt the worst radio presenter i've ever heard.

I think that is the reason he's comedy gold. His love of ExaroNews speaks volumes as to his professional integrity. His stupid voices that he uses to convey empathy irritate whilst when faced with the evidence his opinion is incorrect he has to argue out the caller. He's a political version of Alan Partridge. Hence you can see why he's ideal for occasionally filling on BBC One Newsnight when other presenter are on holiday.

HOLA4423

O'Brien thinks he is a master debater. In reality, with a weak opponent he can win quite easily. Given someone with a brain and facts he just cuts them off. Easy to win when you have the mute button.

I grew sick of him calling me a thick racist every day during the referendum process.

Give me Katie Hopkins any day. At least she is honest about who she is.

HOLA4424

O'Brien thinks he is a master debater. In reality, with a weak opponent he can win quite easily. Given someone with a brain and facts he just cuts them off. Easy to win when you have the mute button.

I grew sick of him calling me a thick racist every day during the referendum process.

Give me Katie Hopkins any day. At least she is honest about who she is.

O'Brien really does rile me. Completely biased with callers to give his own opinion more air time.

Uneducated white working class man comes on talking about Islamic terrorism = red rag to O'Brien and he will go for the kill.

Some thick muslim comes on spewing absolute nonsense = wonderful, insightful caller, not challenged on a single point.

HOLA4425

Nick Abbot was moaning last year about paying coucil tax at his flat that he no longer lived ,(but still owned) cos he was now in a new house, never said anything about the house purchase, i think his new house was an inheritance, cos years ago he did moan about house prices!