House Price Crash Forum

B B C News E A In A Field.

HOLA441

Today, BBC News have put a sofa full of "Experts" in a field and they are answering viewers questions on how leaving the EU is going to affect us.

The EA/Property developer was asked "We've seen a recovery in the housing market... what about mortgages?" his advice was "In the short term, people will be cautious so mortgage lenders are offering some good deals, so... look around, speak to an IFA, get a 5 Year fix and you'll be getting a very, very, good rate".

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

The best one this morning was when Steph interviewed two Polish workers in a UK bakery about what they thought of Brexit and both said its not a problem and I will keep my job and keep working etc.

We never saw or heard from *them* again.

20 mins later in same bakery, she interviewed another Polish worker who claimed on the way home last week after the referendum result was shouted at "immigrants go home!"

Result! <_<

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

20 mins later in same bakery, she interviewed another Polish worker who claimed on the way home last week after the referendum result was shouted at "immigrants go home!"

Result! <_<

Girlfriend was quite concerned about reports of abuse of immigrants since the Brexit vote, shes British born Chinese, parents from HK. I just told her it was the same idiots who have been doing it since she was in school and would have been doing it regardless of the result - just now it gets reported - and it should be dealt with as normal i.e. ignore it. Sadly I suspect the coverage in the news will make the idiots more vocal as they think they will get heard and it will backfire against leave slightly.

These people (the racist vote) are going to get a shock as all the major players have said they want to maintain a level of immigration and bring in a higher proportion from the commonwealth - well guess what, the commonwealth is more diverse than Europe.

HOLA4411

On 5 live earlier they wereally discussing the gibraltar housing market, saying rental demand is going through the roof.

Presenter said 'So they arent buying? That means they are unwilling to put down a stake in the economy'.

Disgusting implication that renters arent doing their bit. My pension pot, is as and savings - oh and my job - are meaningless in the bbcs eyes.

Vile isn't strong enough for my feelings on the beeb.

HOLA4412

Girlfriend was quite concerned about reports of abuse of immigrants since the Brexit vote, shes British born Chinese, parents from HK. I just told her it was the same idiots who have been doing it since she was in school and would have been doing it regardless of the result - just now it gets reported - and it should be dealt with as normal i.e. ignore it. Sadly I suspect the coverage in the news will make the idiots more vocal as they think they will get heard and it will backfire against leave slightly.

These people (the racist vote) are going to get a shock as all the major players have said they want to maintain a level of immigration and bring in a higher proportion from the commonwealth - well guess what, the commonwealth is more diverse than Europe.

Can you keep this to one thread? We read it all ad nauseum yesterday.

Edited by spunko2010

HOLA4413

On 5 live earlier they wereally discussing the gibraltar housing market, saying rental demand is going through the roof.

Presenter said 'So they arent buying? That means they are unwilling to put down a stake in the economy'.

Disgusting implication that renters arent doing their bit. My pension pot, is as and savings - oh and my job - are meaningless in the bbcs eyes.

Vile isn't strong enough for my feelings on the beeb.

State propaganda broadcasters gonna broadcast state propaganda, then force it's citizens to pay for it through threat of state violence. Don't pay your propaganda tax they'll come and forcibly remove you from your home and throw you in jail. (at least thats the threat)

HOLA4414