House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
12 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Indian's do remember their countries recent past and Modi has stoked a revival of interest in the impact of colonialism, how the richest country in the world was impoverished by it  and the brutality of British rule.

Those thinking that the Indian's have some love for the British that will somehow be of benefit to us are deluding themselves, until recently the Indian's had a grudging respect for the British but the current shambles has pretty much destroyed that.

A couple of year's ago an Indian colleague told me that back home most people we watching the British attempt to leave the EU with amusement, wondering how their old masters had got themselves into such a mess. If they were amused then they must be rolling in the isles by now.   

Grrrr... What is it with you and greengrocer's apostrophes? That's one in every sentence above! Makes you look poorly educated.

It would be hard to rebuild ties with India, but there are very strong IT ties already - every management consultant I know works a lot with people from India. The conglomerates such as Tata are already here. 

Yes, our history will take a long time to overcome. But it's far less nutty than trying to be best buddies with China. We have to choose between the US & China, and it's obvious which one we must. We don't need to choose between the US & India.

HOLA442
HOLA443
37 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Do you think that trying to overturn a democratic vote is playing games with peoples lives (and votes, that people died on the beaches for remember)? TM has played her remainer cards well, even managing to slip in a second referendum just as she is about to be dragged away from her post screaming "Long Live the EU!" Nice try but not enough I`m afraid, there is a real and building anger at this assault on democracy by political "elites" and that anger is about to be expressed at the ballot box this week.

It now looks like that in the end it will boil down to a choice between Remain and a "No deal" supported by maybe 40% of the country, probably less once it becomes apparent that no deal is an oxymoron and we will still have to pay the EU their money and agree to much of the WA to get the deals we need to keep trade flowing.

Good luck to any party that pushes that through at the 22 general election, nicely timed to be at what will probably be peak pain for the economy.   

HOLA444
10 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

If Brexit happens then I pray that it is the hardest of hard versions so that I can enjoy watching the smug smiles of the Brexiteers fade as they realise what they have done.

I 100% agree BB.

But they will just continue to blame others, as it's in their DNA. Farage will say it's the EU's fault and his cult followers will agree with him.

If we don't remain, I too want the very hardest Brexit for exactly the same reason as you. To laugh as the country goes down the plughole is the only bright side worth looking forward to.

In fact, tee-shirts with "I TOLD YOU SO" with a happy face meme will be a good business. At least we'll that over 50% of the country who will buy and wear them.

This country is wrecked. What's worse is that there is nobody who can reverse it.

HOLA445
HOLA446
49 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Do you think that trying to overturn a democratic vote is playing games with peoples lives (and votes, that people died on the beaches for remember)? TM has played her remainer cards well, even managing to slip in a second referendum just as she is about to be dragged away from her post screaming "Long Live the EU!" Nice try but not enough I`m afraid, there is a real and building anger at this assault on democracy by political "elites" and that anger is about to be expressed at the ballot box this week.

People dying on the beaches was because of Fascism in Europe. Their deaths is not something Leavers can site to support Brexit in any way. Brexit is a far right wet dream with lashings of Fascism lurking in its background.

HOLA447
1 minute ago, Confusion of VIs said:

It now looks like that in the end it will boil down to a choice between Remain and a "No deal" supported by maybe 40% of the country, probably less once it becomes apparent that no deal is an oxymoron and we will still have to pay the EU their money and agree to much of the WA to get the deals we need to keep trade flowing.

Good luck to any party that pushes that through at the 22 general election, nicely timed to be at what will probably be peak pain for the economy.   

It will be a choice between an early GE or No Deal IMO, but the Tories will cling to power as long as they can ( just look at TM shamelessly clinging to the mast as they try to get her hands off the wheel) and that will end up in No Deal (IMO)

HOLA448
HOLA449
5 minutes ago, highYield said:

Grrrr... What is it with you and greengrocer's apostrophes? That's one in every sentence above! Makes you look poorly educated.

It would be hard to rebuild ties with India, but there are very strong IT ties already - every management consultant I know works a lot with people from India. The conglomerates such as Tata are already here. 

Yes, our history will take a long time to overcome. But it's far less nutty than trying to be best buddies with China. We have to choose between the US & China, and it's obvious which one we must. We don't need to choose between the US & India.

Don't know it just appeared, you might have noticed by now that my posts are not proof read before being posted (some of us have jobs to do). 

I work a lot with Indians, probably recruited at least a hundred over the years, and while you might be right about any animosity fading over time (although Modi being reelected won't help this) the claim that they have some special love for the British that we can use to our advantage is beyond ridiculous.  

HOLA4410
45 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Really? The prevailing opinion on lots of media now is that the EU bluff fails when No Deal is a credible threat, they will be back round the table straight away IMO. Lets see the election results first for a clearer picture of where the EU is heading though.

The EU have already decided their position on "no deal". They will not open negotiation on the "no deal" deal until we agree to accept the parts of the WA they are most interested in.  

HOLA4411
2 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

People dying on the beaches was because of Fascism in Europe. Their deaths is not something Leavers can site to support Brexit in any way. Brexit is a far right wet dream with lashings of Fascism lurking in its background.

Politicians of all parties have used it as a mantra for why we should all vote, for decades, then when we vote in a way they don`t like suddenly anyone asking for the original ref. to be respected is a "fascist" and a "bigot". You couldn`t make it up. We voted, Leave won, respect the vote.

HOLA4412
2 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

The EU have already decided their position on "no deal". They will not open negotiation on the "no deal" deal until we agree to accept the parts of the WA they are most interested in.  

They will when they get hammered in the elections and NO Deal is a real threat, not just a panto prop used by a PM who is essentially working for the EU interest.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Peter Hun said:

Every one of those sites is based in India. Those are the opinions of Indians themselves. So in your opinion Indians are bigots for not agreeing with you on the exploitation of India by the British?

You speak for the whole of India now?

Because of a few links?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
9 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Wow only 37% support Brexit.

Obviously is  Farrage cannot get over the 50% hurdle it's time to call the whole thing off.

Actually it’s 40% for clear brexit position parties on that data. Who knows how many more when you add in residual Tory and Labour voters. Remember a third of Lib Dem’s are leavers and a quarter of greens.

%26do=findComment%26comment=1103482077&x

LR-by-party.jpg

C1500E77-6784-49E0-98DB-CAB61DBC97B4.jpeg.40d37bf332d78a5ad1a79530fa462634.jpeg

Edited by GrizzlyDave

HOLA4417
5 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Politicians of all parties have used it as a mantra for why we should all vote, for decades, then when we vote in a way they don`t like suddenly anyone asking for the original ref. to be respected is a "fascist" and a "bigot". You couldn`t make it up. We voted, Leave won, respect the vote.

Fascism was the cause of WW2. People fought against it quite rightly. We have a record of fighting it - Cable Street is famous and a time when this country stood for something right. Brexit is led by dubious types most of which have connections to fascists and the far right.  Leavers should get with the program. You don't have the right to site WW2 deaths when the thing you are supporting is orthogonal to the reason why so many perished.

I'd respect the vote if what was voted for was real. It isn't. Thus the vote is irrelevant and void.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
23 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

I 100% agree BB.

But they will just continue to blame others, as it's in their DNA. Farage will say it's the EU's fault and his cult followers will agree with him.

If we don't remain, I too want the very hardest Brexit for exactly the same reason as you. To laugh as the country goes down the plughole is the only bright side worth looking forward to.

In fact, tee-shirts with "I TOLD YOU SO" with a happy face meme will be a good business. At least we'll that over 50% of the country who will buy and wear them.

This country is wrecked. What's worse is that there is nobody who can reverse it.

farage crash3.jpg

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
53 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

He's like Farage and the rest of them. Dollar signs in his eyes and completely out of touch.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/19/jacob-rees-mogg-book-the-victorians-12-titans-who-forged-britain

How anybody can argue that Brexit is a shout against the elites when you look at the mob running it is the funniest of jokes. Now that we are living in an age of total denial - how's about we start a war with China? After all we're British don't you know! Bound to win.

I used to puzzle why people voted for governments that were obviously working against their interests.

Now you see the thinking on display it’s truly pitiful how 21C self-made serfs rationalise lining up with illiberal elites, shady corporate VI’s, hostile states, Neo-fascists and call it ‘change’ [to best not define what in case everybody twigs] 

HOLA4424
29 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Don't know it just appeared, you might have noticed by now that my posts are not proof read before being posted (some of us have jobs to do). 

I work a lot with Indians, probably recruited at least a hundred over the years, and while you might be right about any animosity fading over time (although Modi being reelected won't help this) the claim that they have some special love for the British that we can use to our advantage is beyond ridiculous.  

FFS - your life of work experience proves my very point;

you haven't worked with over a hundred Chinese people, have you?

HOLA4425
5 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Wow only 37% support Brexit.

Obviously is  Farrage cannot get over the 50% hurdle it's time to call the whole thing off.

There are around 40% of voters supporting no-deal Brexit. BP and UKIP have already captured practically all of them. BP can't grow much more. 

I think GE are now likely as a new Tory no-deal leader (BJ) won't have majority in Commons. Cons will regain most of votes from BP by moving to the right. Farrage's party will end up with 10%-15% support. Lab would have to become a Remain party if it wants to win the next GE, otherwise they will suffer heavy losses to LD/Green/CUK/SNP.  We are for another big battle between Remainers and Leavers.  The outcome of it is uncertain, Remainers have 5-10% lead among voters, but they are less organised.  One thing is rather clear, either no-deal Brexit or no Brexit.