House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
11 minutes ago, ****-eyed octopus said:

Completely agree. I'm all for another referendum, with all the choices you could possibly desire.

Once we've enacted the result of the last one.

Wouldn't that be like executing a sentence of death before the appeal is held and promising a posthumous pardon if the appeal is successful?  

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
6 minutes ago, allfiredup said:

Don't confuse the MP's with the population.

There are extremists on both sides will never change that......most people are somewhere in the middle, they will choose the best deal for them, what they want are facts not fiction, truth not lies. ;)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 minute ago, allfiredup said:

In your opinion

The first part is fact, the second is my strong opinion.

Of course, now that we have an actual outcome of what brexit means, extreme brexiters won't let the population vote on it because they know they won the last referendum based on being vague and all things to all voters.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
2 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Of course, now that we have an actual outcome of what brexit means, extreme brexiters won't let the population vote on it because they know they won the last referendum based on being vague and all things to all voters.

In your opinion

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 hour ago, crouch said:

Unlike many I don't deny any of this. It will be difficult.

But if there is a choice between BRINO and no deal I'd go for no deal. May's deal is BRINO and the political declaration means that we would still be tied to the EU so that leaves no deal as the only alternative now.

...and what happens after no deal?  There has to be a deal at some point..

HOLA4417
22 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

I've lost track. Doesn't May's "deal" simply agree to a period called a withdrawal and the terms of that? We still have to negotiate the actual future state, right?

Does FOM end during the withdrawal? If so, I expect if we do go into this, brexiters will very shortly lose interest in the whole thing and breathe a sigh of relief that they can stop pretending they care about trade deals and EU laws. 

May's deal is can kicking par excellence. Nothing anyone will notice changes during the WA as that is the time when we are negotiating what we will eventually transition to. Legally as far as the EU is concerned we are still a member, as this is required to allow us to continue to access their trade deals.  

HOLA4418
11 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Of course, now that we have an actual outcome of what brexit means, extreme brexiters won't let the population vote on it because they know they won the last referendum election based on being vague and all things to all voters.

Haha and why don't you tell that to Sourbry and her friends?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 minute ago, Dave Beans said:

...and what happens after no deal?  There has to be a deal at some point..

No deal refers to leaving the EU on 29 March without a WA. That means that we would continue trading with the EU on some agreed basis in the interim (I can't define what the "interim" would be) until we actually agreed a comprehensive trade agreement at some future date.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
2 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

He is very competent and I expect he has done exactly what he was asked to do (Including being overheard chatting in a bar frequented by journalists). 

You could be right but I suspect he has been given too much authority with the result that the tail is wagging the dog. We will probably never know.