House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442

80% of EUers earn less than the 35k limit thsts thr hurdle on coming to the UK.

The median wage stats dont lie. Most EEs earn a lot less than the median.

Got a source for that ,also how many are single with no dependents? a single person on NMW 40 hrs would not be entitled to WTC and for most of the country would not be entitled to HB

HOLA443

Got a source for that ,also how many are single with no dependents? a single person on NMW 40 hrs would not be entitled to WTC and for most of the country would not be entitled to HB

Anecdotally, first batch were single , no kids, educated.

Second batch had kids, which they brought over later.

Third batch never worked ,just kids.

Workski -> Chavski -> Skumski

HOLA444

Id add tha dont need to bring their kids over.

Claim TCs, claim CB for kid at home, claim WTC, earn rest cash in hand.

The whole system is fcked. Dealing with 3m EE as well is insane.

I`m against unlimited immigration but i don`t see much of that going on in my part of the world

Is working tax credits available for kids no living here ,i know they can claim family allowance

WTC needs tax receipts to calculate the amount entitled to ,i don`t doubt this is going on with EE to some extent just like UK claimants ,but i seriously doubt it`s 80% (if you said African asylum seekers i could well believe it)

I would say of the ones i come across on a day to day basis most if not all are here on there own working for the wage alone ,do the job then go home and wait for the next one to start

I know three couples without kids that lived in a three bed house for three to four years all working at burger king in that time they had all saved enough for a house of there own in Poland then went home this is the a-typical behavior/plan i see around my way (i call it Auf wiedersehen pet plan )

HOLA445

Anecdotally, first batch were single , no kids, educated.

Second batch had kids, which they brought over later.

Third batch never worked ,just kids.

Workski -> Chavski -> Skumski

I lost respect when you were talking about drowning disabled kids in buckets on another thread, now I realise you just like winding people up and can be discounted. Glad people like you don't really exist though.

HOLA446

I`m against unlimited immigration but i don`t see much of that going on in my part of the world

Is working tax credits available for kids no living here ,i know they can claim family allowance

WTC needs tax receipts to calculate the amount entitled to ,i don`t doubt this is going on with EE to some extent just like UK claimants ,but i seriously doubt it`s 80% (if you said African asylum seekers i could well believe it)

I would say of the ones i come across on a day to day basis most if not all are here on there own working for the wage alone ,do the job then go home and wait for the next one to start

I know three couples without kids that lived in a three bed house for three to four years all working at burger king in that time they had all saved enough for a house of there own in Poland then went home this is the a-typical behavior/plan i see around my way (i call it Auf wiedersehen pet plan )

I am. The ladt 12 months has gone nuts. I hear EE languages for 59% of peopld on street. The numbers must be insane.

HOLA447

I lost respect when you were talking about drowning disabled kids in buckets on another thread, now I realise you just like winding people up and can be discounted. Glad people like you don't really exist though.

Recounting history. Not advocating!

HOLA448

Yes the old age, those on pensions. I saw a great show called Logan's run, that would solve the issue of pension deficits and pensioners clogging up our hospitals. Actually, northerners produce less than southerners, so let's sort them too.

Ok look, what is it about some on here "the nasty gang" who for some reason focus on the fact that a child, whoever it might be, might need shoes or an education. Why shouldn't they go to school, why shouldn't their parent have child benefit to help feed them, why should they be treated as second class citizens. You cannot withhold all benefits from migrants until they have been here for so many years unless you want increased homelessness, proper developing world poverty, a social underclass and unrest. What possible reason other than being cold hearted and vile can you give for denying a person equal treatment with another? The money issue has been debunked by David Davies, so if the argument is to make the uk such a cesspool of human suffering that people won't come here fine. But is that the uk you want?

Just as important as your moral understanding of the suffering you are arguing for is the wider impact. Once the Tory party gains agreement to the dismantling of what little equality and redistribution that exists for the poor currently (our social system of benefits, , pensions, education, health etc (it is a package and indivisible)), the next argument will follow that if it is good enough for one group of individuals, it is fair and proper to apply it to all. You will find the laissez-faire values of old from the last century will return, and all social government care dissolves. Becareful what you wish for.

If you want to fix all of the EU's problems like poverty and homelessness, here's a tip from me: don't rely on 30M UK tax payers to try and fix the problems of 550M people - the maths just don't work out. Instead you cause more problems. You are aware of the UK's net borrowing numbers and national debt, right? You are aware we're paying circa £1.4Bn per week in interest alone on our national debt, right? All you do is heap a big problem onto future generations who reside in the UK - they do matter to you, don't they? Your point of view actually increases suffering. It seems obvious to me, but if you care so much about the people of Poland, Romania, Bulgaria and the Baltic States, campaign for a better standard of living in their countries. It's the option of last resort to emigrate. I 100% believe most immigrants would not be in the UK if their home countries had a better standard of living. Why are you campaigning to have people displaced and split apart from their families and extended families? That seems cruel to me.

By the way, 5 minutes ago you explicitly said the EU should break up gently.

HOLA449

If I remember rightly (and honestly, because it's YOU, I'm not going to bother spending 60 seconds retrieving the quote), spyguy was describing how Eastern European countries dealt with the disabled. So you lost respect with Eastern Europe, not spyguy. Oh dear Roy - not good for your wolfie-leftwing-power-to-the-people credentials!!

HOLA4410

If I remember rightly (and honestly, because it's YOU, I'm not going to bother spending 60 seconds retrieving the quote), spyguy was describing how Eastern European countries dealt with the disabled. So you lost respect with Eastern Europe, not spyguy. Oh dear Roy - not good for your wolfie-leftwing-power-to-the-people credentials!!

Cant remember which thread.

I was recounting what my Nan experienced when she was working as an (informal) mid wife in Leeds in the pre-NHS era.

Large families (5+ kids), limited contraception, mum gets knocked up 40+, kid born is disabled and is dealt with.

Again, these were severely disabled kids, not stuff like club feet or cleft pallet.

HOLA4411

EE earnign figures

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/332

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/fact-check-43-eu-migrants-claim-benefits/21964

'The note – from the department which provided the key figures to No.10 – said there is “uncertainty” in their analysis of the number of migrants claiming benefits.

So much so they would only provide a range. It said between 37 per cent and 45 per cent of EEA nationals were claiming in and out of work benefits.'

HOLA4412

+100...i`m alright jack feck the rest

Or tax anything over £50k p.a at 60%+ to pay for the extra infrastructure /welfare require ...i`m sure they would all be happy with that

A vote winner for any political party for sure

If you £50K income and two children:

Income tax = 40%

Employee NI = 2%

Employer NI = 12%

Child Benefit Withdrawal @ 17%.

Effective marginal tax rate is already well over 60%

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I think it was Greg Bowman who pointed out similar policies were still in place in EE still.

HOLA4415

Yeah canbuywontbuy seems to have mental issues associated with being an immigrant to the uk himself before moving to Thailand. It seems to make him believe he is qualified to complain about migrants (like he was) who live in a country he has left after earning enough money to live elsewhere. Very sad, anyone got a bucket I can borrow to shut him up?

Edited by Royw6

HOLA4416

Yeah canbuywontbuy seems to have mental issues associated with being an immigrant to the uk himself before moving to Thailand. It seems to make him believe he is qualified to complain about migrants (like he was) who live in a country he has left after earning enough money to live elsewhere. Very sad, anyone got a bucket I can borrow to shut him up?

Roy, you can't answer my questions. Play the ball, not the man.

I look forward to your responses - or are you ashamed of your opinions?

HOLA4417

Are you still banging that ridiculous "no immigrant should have any issue about anything to do with immigration" drum?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

272 pages on this thread.

To answer the OP , "What happens next?" - well, for the moment , zilch. Pure speculation in the papers is about all I can see.

Well we're still teetering on the brink of a precipice waiting to be shoved off because it's completely and utterly impossible for the UK to survive without the EU, that apparently perfect organistion that gives and never takes, that is an unquestionable necessity for doing anything at all, and everything that might be viewed as unpleasant since the vote is because of voting to leave it and everything that might be viewed as positive is because we've not actually done so yet.

At least according to the pathetic half-wit drivel that passes for thought amongst most Remainers I've dealt with, who confuse the worst case scenarios they could possibly imagine with cold, hard fact.

HOLA4420

Has anyone considered there may actually be a cunning plan? Everyone assumes our side are just floundering idiots (and they are probably right about the politicians).

However, behind the scenes we have the reptiles who have been orchestrating this from the beginning. (There was a Yes Minister episode where it was stated our job was to destroy the EU from within.)

What we are seeing right now is a clever ruse. It's a planned strategy to appear utterly incompetent. Apparently we have three clueless stooges in charge of it, but really something else is going on.

I think we need to cast our thoughts wider. What are they really up to?

HOLA4421

If you £50K income and two children:

Income tax = 40%

Employee NI = 2%

Employer NI = 12%

Child Benefit Withdrawal @ 17%.

Effective marginal tax rate is already well over 60%

I was talking Income tax @60%, let that demographic feel the same pain most trades men and the rest of the working class has felt in the last decade or so ,i think their opinion on unlimited migration would change ....wake up and smell the coffee

HOLA4422

Has anyone considered there may actually be a cunning plan? Everyone assumes our side are just floundering idiots (and they are probably right about the politicians).

However, behind the scenes we have the reptiles who have been orchestrating this from the beginning. (There was a Yes Minister episode where it was stated our job was to destroy the EU from within.)

What we are seeing right now is a clever ruse. It's a planned strategy to appear utterly incompetent. Apparently we have three clueless stooges in charge of it, but really something else is going on.

I think we need to cast our thoughts wider. What are they really up to?

More QE and interest rate cuts - it was obvious really

HOLA4423

There must be more to it than QE and interest rates. According to Sky last night, this is the biggest thing to hit us since the 2nd world war. If you wanted more QE all you need to do is stage another banking crisis, not too difficult I would say.

HOLA4424

There must be more to it than QE and interest rates. According to Sky last night, this is the biggest thing to hit us since the 2nd world war. If you wanted more QE all you need to do is stage another banking crisis, not too difficult I would say.

What better excuse do you nee for more QE than the biggest thing since WWII?

I've always maintained that the bremain campaign was handled to cackhandedly, it's as if they lost it accidently on purpose - trebles all round

Edited by knock out johnny

HOLA4425