House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
2 hours ago, Futuroid said:

If you can believe Brexit will be good for the UK, you can most certainly believe that property always goes up. And besides, your house is in a desirable area and has twigs in vases, not like those other schmucks.

I agree that they will lose. But that's not how they think - if we can get through any kind of Brexit without means testing the state pension and more benefits I will be very surprised.

I never understood how this became a thing?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
5 minutes ago, ccc said:

I'm surprised how some of the folk on here manage to walk out their front door in the morning with such fear and trepidation of life. 

So much pant wetting it's incredible. 

I guess In the 80’s it was fear of black people - now it’s Poles and Muslims.

Or even worse, pitifully reduced to being a quivering damsel in distress wanting a big white anglophone hero like Trump to rescue us.

HOLA447
49 minutes ago, dryrot said:

What has Brexit got to do with means testing the state pension? If anything Brexit will help the public finances, as we are not pouring money into the EU? (Not to say it will be fine, we are in trouble anyway, but paying £15bn per annumum EU contributions make it worse?)

£15Bn, oh yeah :lol:

The state pension is the single biggest bit of welfare spending (by a country mile). When they have to make more cuts in a few years, as they surely will, 

Just to put your £15Bn (which is wrong* ) into context we spend £108Bn a year on the state pension!

* = it's £13Bn in 2016, and that is before you take into account EU spending on the UK - farm subsidies, support for poorer areas, etc (£4Bn).
 https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-membership-fee-55-million/

HOLA448
HOLA449
49 minutes ago, pig said:

I guess In the 80’s it was fear of black people - now it’s Poles and Muslims.

Or even worse, pitifully reduced to being a quivering damsel in distress wanting a big white anglophone hero like Trump to rescue us.

Nope. It's clearly the remainers on here who are on the boo hoo it's the end of the World side of the equation.

44 minutes ago, Futuroid said:

You seem to have an unfortunate issue with pant wetting.

A well known member of HMG recommends these, you might want to check them out... ;)

Pant wetting is exclusive to those that feel the World will end if we are not in the EU.

It really is rather pathetic. 

HOLA4410
1 hour ago, ccc said:

I'm surprised how some of the folk on here manage to walk out their front door in the morning with such fear and trepidation of life. 

So much pant wetting it's incredible. 

http://www.thenational.scot/news/15595115.UK_refuses_to_confirm_or_deny_existence_of_report_which_shows_devastating_impact_of_Brexit_on_Scotland/?ref=twtrec

I'm surprised you're such a staunch Tory supporter CCC.

HOLA4411
40 minutes ago, ccc said:

Nope. It's clearly the remainers on here who are on the boo hoo it's the end of the World side of the equation.

Pant wetting is exclusive to those that feel the World will end if we are not in the EU.

It really is rather pathetic. 

Nah - that’s nothing.

You should read the posts by the morons up thread pant-wetting over being raped and pillaged by EU citizens. 

Now that was properly pathetic :lol:

HOLA4412
2 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

I love it - Brexiters not publishing the report in case of a “reactionary response”   

:lol:

HOLA4413
11 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Tory supporter ? 

10 minutes ago, pig said:

Nah - that’s nothing.

You should read the posts by the morons up thread pant-wetting over being raped and pillaged by EU citizens. 

Now that was properly pathetic :lol:

Raped and pillaged ? Where.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Just now, pig said:

:)

Actually I totally made that up.

Well spotted ! Especially by you. 

Pants dry yet ?

I don't even wet my pants on a two day bevvy and drugs binge.

****** knows how :unsure::lol:

HOLA4417
27 minutes ago, ccc said:

I don't even wet my pants on a two day bevvy and drugs binge.

****** knows how :unsure::lol:

Staying at home drinking and drug abusing is cheating - but if you’re able to make it out and even past a Polish shop without wetting yourself now that would be progress !

HOLA4418
4 minutes ago, pig said:

Staying at home drinking and drug abusing is cheating - but if you’re able to make it out and even past a Polish shop without wetting yourself now that would be progress !

As I've already stated - I'm in regular contact with Polish folk more than probably anyone on this thread. In fact they regularly hit me in the face. In fact I got a bloody nose of one on Wednesday. Good sparring. Sound bloke. 

I know that doesn't fit with the agenda of those trying to paint us Brexit voters as anti Polish. 

Hey ho. ;)

HOLA4419
3 hours ago, dryrot said:

What has Brexit got to do with means testing the state pension? If anything Brexit will help the public finances, as we are not pouring money into the EU? (Not to say it will be fine, we are in trouble anyway, but paying £15bn per annumum EU contributions make it worse?)

You think?

Brexit is just an excuse for more asset stripping. Pure and simple. The harder the Brexit - the easier it will be to thieve the family silver.

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/10/13/how-theresa-may-is-being-shepherded-to-a-hard-brexit-by-a-multibillionaire-dubai-based-new-zealand-fund-manager/

HOLA4420
3 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

You think?

Brexit is just an excuse for more asset stripping. Pure and simple. The harder the Brexit - the easier it will be to thieve the family silver.

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/10/13/how-theresa-may-is-being-shepherded-to-a-hard-brexit-by-a-multibillionaire-dubai-based-new-zealand-fund-manager/

I've posted this before...

The original article...

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=86556

Private Eye then looked into it...Interesting that the MSM aren't poking their noses in...

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/issue-1454/hp-sauce

HOLA4421
20 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

You think?

Logic fail. The establishment were firmly and not exactly shy against Brexit. 

One of the main and over riding reasons for thinking Brexit is a good idea - is because the powers that be disagree.

I would have thought the ardent remainers on here would have worked this out by now. Clearly not. 

HOLA4422
14 minutes ago, ccc said:

One of the main and over riding reasons for thinking Brexit is a good idea - is because the powers that be disagree.

I would have thought the ardent remainers on here would have worked this out by now. Clearly not. 

I'm not against Brexit...its how it is done...

HOLA4423
13 minutes ago, ccc said:

I don't think you can get more establishment than the far right of the Tory party and their friends.

HOLA4424
1 minute ago, jonb2 said:

I don't think you can get more establishment than the far right of the Tory party and their friends.

+ The Mail, Murdoch et al.

Aren’t this lot responsible for setting up much of what is wrong with Britain in the first place ?

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, ccc said:

The National 

:lol:

Ok, here's another one, The Herald

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15597163.Why_Tory_Brexit_spells_Anarchy_for_the_UK/#comments-anchor

"A by-product of the European Withdrawal Bill is a recreation of a centralised UK state, with power back where it belongs: in Westminster and not in devolved assemblies. The Scottish Nationalists will have nowhere to go as Scotland is bound in the straight-jacket of a new UK single market. Scots will have to learn to live without their free services because the state will be slashed and the money will dry up, just like the oil. There will be no more indyrefs because, in the post-Brexit unitary state envisaged by the Great Repeal Bill, secession may be deemed illegal, as it is in Spain. Resistance will be futile."