House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
15 hours ago, pig said:

Because young educated people are Tory and old uneducated people are Lefties lol ?

I'm sorry I must have missed your masterful dissection of the "hidden agenda" on this forum. 

Mostly I have noticed stuff like this.  At least Jonb2 is addressing the point.

HOLA444
1 hour ago, pig said:

:lol::lol::lol: So...let me get this straight....:

Brexiters have spent a decade or more blaming the EU for everything. However they think that voting to leave the EU is a  great thing as now they won't be able to do that anymore. 

But ! The problem is now they are worried instead of erroneously blaming the EU for the parlous state of the UK (er which they hadn't realised) and instead of blaming UK politicians Brexiters will flip and blame.....  Brexit ! and then agitate to remain/return to the EU under worse terms. Whereopon they'll be back to square one and start blaming the EU.

This loonery is clearly all the fault of immigrants.

Nope. Our politicians have spent far too much time blaming the EU for everything. We need to make them responsible.

HOLA445
4 minutes ago, kzb said:

I'm sorry I must have missed your masterful dissection of the "hidden agenda" on this forum. 

Mostly I have noticed stuff like this.  At least Jonb2 is addressing the point.

Oh it gets better - apparently the Labour voting urban centres are guilty of foisting prole destroying neoliberalism on the Tory voting provinces. But hey finally those perennial rebels are revolting and running off to Trump for salvation...

HOLA446
1 hour ago, highYield said:

Nope. Our politicians have spent far too much time blaming the EU for everything. We need to make them responsible.

You're now blaming the politicians for Brexiter Blame Everybidy Else-ing  lol ?

What on earth are you smoking ? :)

HOLA447
12 minutes ago, pig said:

Nope. I'm blaming the politicians for the state of the UK. And the current system for them not being held to account.

HOLA448
5 hours ago, pig said:

It is a sensible point. Whilst we have been in the EU politicians of all colours have hidden behind the EU when implementing policies the public don't like. When we are out of the EU the buck will stop with them.

HOLA449
5 minutes ago, BalancedBear said:

It is a sensible point. Whilst we have been in the EU politicians of all colours have hidden behind the EU when implementing policies the public don't like. When we are out of the EU the buck will stop with them.

Nothing sensible about it.

Basically what you are saying is we left the EU on a lie, but maybe that will become apparent over time (hooray..) or maybe the same people who refused to take responsibility for their own decisions will simply blame something else, like the UN, NATO, immigrants, climate change, the opposition (very popular that one), the electorate or even in fact, the EU*. 

(* = They've stared laying the groundwork already).

HOLA4410
22 minutes ago, Futuroid said:

Basically what you are saying is we left the EU on a lie, but maybe that will become apparent over time (hooray..) or maybe the same people who refused to take responsibility for their own decisions will simply blame something else, like the UN, NATO, immigrants, climate change, the opposition (very popular that one), the electorate or even in fact, the EU*. 

There was a good quote on that RT site as it happens. 

"We don't see things as they are, but as we are” - Anaïs Nin 

That word Lie again.  There has to be a deliberate intention to mislead, for it to be a lie.  A statement made in good faith, which later turns out not true, is not a lie.

HOLA4411
28 minutes ago, Futuroid said:

Except the EU is legally supreme over the UK parliament/talking club. It wasn't us, guv.

IMO, we need to make the buck stop with someone we can vote out. Make them responsible.

HOLA4412
8 hours ago, jonb2 said:

No, I'll prove it with a question.

Who does Carney really work for?

I'll wait.

When you look out of your window, does the horizon look rounded, or flat?

I do not know who Carney really works for, or whether he really works for anybody other than the Bank of England, and neither do you. I can speculate, but that's very different to knowledge. I suspect the answer is himself, like the rest of us.

HOLA4413
27 minutes ago, Digsby said:

When you look out of your window, does the horizon look rounded, or flat?

I do not know who Carney really works for, or whether he really works for anybody other than the Bank of England, and neither do you. I can speculate, but that's very different to knowledge. I suspect the answer is himself, like the rest of us.

OK, I'll rephrase it for you Digsby:

Have all the actions of the BOE suited the man in the street or the elites?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
58 minutes ago, kzb said:

There was a good quote on that RT site as it happens. 

"We don't see things as they are, but as we are” - Anaïs Nin 

That word Lie again.  There has to be a deliberate intention to mislead, for it to be a lie.  A statement made in good faith, which later turns out not true, is not a lie.

Good quote.

I think the effect worked KZB - whether it's technically a lie or not - it's arguable:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/quarter-people-voted-brexit-believe-duped-leave-campaign/21/08/

As someone who despises those in the government more than the EU, I think I could fabricate enough inferences to sway people's minds to vote Corbyn. Not that I think I need to. But it's the slight of hand - look over there, there's a car crash, while nicking our wallets I hate.

We are all angry, we have all been used and farmed. I hate the idea that we have such greedy, cr*ppy, self-interested w*nkers running things here and the idea they might get away with it.

Something's gotta change.

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, jonb2 said:

Good quote.

I think the effect worked KZB - whether it's technically a lie or not - it's arguable:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/quarter-people-voted-brexit-believe-duped-leave-campaign/21/08/

As someone who despises those in the government more than the EU, I think I could fabricate enough inferences to sway people's minds to vote Corbyn. Not that I think I need to. But it's the slight of hand - look over there, there's a car crash, while nicking our wallets I hate.

We are all angry, we have all been used and farmed. I hate the idea that we have such greedy, cr*ppy, self-interested w*nkers running things here and the idea they might get away with it.

Something's gotta change.

Sorry, can you run that past me again?

Are you seriously suggesting that Corby, Abbotpotamus etc. should run the country?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
6 minutes ago, Sawitcoming said:

Sorry, can you run that past me again?

Are you seriously suggesting that Corby should not run the country?

After all those years of Blair and Brown, on this forum they were attacked relentlessly, but you have forgotten.

If you think that Corbyn should be elected PM I am speechless.

Don't you learn anything from History?

The Labour party is useless and always runs the country into debt.

HOLA4419
Just now, Byron said:

After all those years of Blair and Brown, on this forum they were attacked relentlessly, but you have forgotten.

If you think that Corbyn should be elected PM I am speechless.

Don't you learn anything from History?

The Labour party is useless and always runs the country into debt.

How does Blair and Brown set a precedent for Corbyn? 

What was the Conservative contribution to the national debt since blair brown?

Who would you recommend?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
29 minutes ago, Sawitcoming said:

How does Blair and Brown set a precedent for Corbyn? 

What was the Conservative contribution to the national debt since blair brown?

Who would you recommend?

A Conservative government.

Corbyn witters on about austerity when he knows it is a lie.

It was the near bankruptcy caused by Blair and Brown.

There is no longer any room for left wing delusions.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
46 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

You are very welcome. 

Prof Mark Blyth is a bit of a legend IMHO.

If you haven't seen this yet, I recommend it:

Superb recommendation IMHO. About to watch it for the second time to try and get a handle on all his ideas/opinions. Think It'll take 3 or 4 times until I can understand his points. We won't be seeing this on the BBC :(

HOLA4425
34 minutes ago, highYield said:

Superb recommendation IMHO. About to watch it for the second time to try and get a handle on all his ideas/opinions. Think It'll take 3 or 4 times until I can understand his points. We won't be seeing this on the BBC :(

Glad you enjoyed it. There are quite a few of his videos on YouTube where he explores populism, austerity, and too big to fail.

He is brilliant at cutting to the heart of an issue, using plain language and transparent logic. He's not a brexiteer, but he understands brexit. I value his perspective immensely.

Edited by GrizzlyDave