House Price Crash Forum

Hpc's New Year Resolutions

JoeDavola

HOLA441

1. Continue looking at the big picture, and draw on that inner peace!

2. Be content that I do not need mainstream media news immediately ->Get a new brick phone as my one is dying (if I can find one). If people spend too much time on HPC, then get a brick phone. This way you have to prepare for things in advance, and be more reliant on yourself, as you won't have google on the go. Good luck!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I think I resolved last year to get the wife to put out more. Or was it the year before?

Maybe this year just "change something" - anything!

The light bulbs?

Winter tyres on the car?

Bedsheets?

The channel?

Not a NY res per se but I too will be going for the 10ish% bodyfat this year (started the whole regime some rainy October day a few years back). This may mean fasting again for a good 8-10 weeks which I'm not particularly looking forward too (will be interesting to revive/reread the thread though!)

My only specific NY res is to smoke that darn King Edward cigar that I've had about 10 years. I plan on doing it later today but I've a busy day ahead and by the time I'm drunk enough to feel like smoking it I'll probably have forgot so it'll wait another year!

Oh, happy new year all, off to the gym now :)

HOLA443
HOLA444

I feel I need to remind folk that 10% bodyfat is not optimal for a human male - 15-20% is the healthy target.

And no I am not just saying that because I have zero chance of hitting 10% as my love of food and bevvy is excessive :)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

2. Be content that I do not need mainstream media news immediately ->Get a new brick phone as my one is dying (if I can find one). If people spend too much time on HPC, then get a brick phone. This way you have to prepare for things in advance, and be more reliant on yourself, as you won't have google on the go. Good luck!

I doubt it makes that much difference. I don't have a mobile phone of any sort but I can't really see that Googling things on the go and reading HPC when I'm out would change much if anything.

HOLA4410

My mission this year is to stop "sweating the small stuff" and to finally complete a number of goals,

Funnily enough, my goal this year is to score more goals.

HOLA4411

I no longer make any new year resolutions because it means nothing to me. New year, like easter, is a cultural celebration that I no longer feel immersed in. Any rituals associated with them have been eliminated from my life.

For me the year turned at the solstice and it brought thoughts of day to day progress to longer daylight hours.

At christmas I ate things I'd prefer not to eat so it's back to normal now in trying to always view food as fuel and trying not to eat anything that I deem as not so good fuel. That's ongoing but of course I get tempted.

Tomorrow there is a reasonable forecast for my area. So the plan is to head to a nearby part of the coast that I love, with my dogs, in my campervan and have a chill out day with a good lunch. Sea air, walking,, a bit of reading of my current book and the thought that I don't know what will happen. Often when I'm out and about I meet people and have interesting chats. But ultimately I don't know what tomorrow holds. Life could throw me a huge challenge out of the blue or it could even end for me. That's the reality for me.

I hope for a better world but I severely doubt my own hope.

Take it as it comes day by day is my approach to life. Along with taking actions to do what I can, in my circumstances, to make improvements to my well being.

As for the wider world and all the sh*t that goes on in it....well I'm powerless to do anything much about that.

As a gesture to the time of year, I hope 2016 brings peace and prosperity to all of you on HPC. I respect this site. Lots of informative and interesting posts on here to make me think about the world I live in. In addition there are also many posts on themes (in OTF) that make me laugh out loud and brighten my day. Thank you to all posters.

You and Reidquat would make a nice couple I think.

HOLA4412

A good way to learn Spanish is watch Spanish TV.....the news programmes mostly have sub titles, so you can listen and read at the same time. ;)

When I'm not listening to music, I often have Spanish speaking radio on. I start to recognise certain words I don't do it often enough to make much progress but I've read of commuters that use that time for learning rather than just enduring the journey.

I haven't celebrated NYE for some years now. Last night I was alone and sober and I got to thinking about not the past year but the next few years of my life. I have a great family, a secure tenancy, adequate income and thousands of quids worth of tools toys. What's not to like?

So 2 resolutions: Start getting rid of stuff I'm not using on ebay (to make room for more stuff I will use) and start living my life like I want to be alive in 5 or more years.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Cut down on my alchohol consumption - 3 dry days out of 7 would be a start.

Think I'll start next week though when I get back to work.

The guidelines have just reduced haven't they, can't seem to get a link. From memory 3 units a day for a man maximum (a 250ml glass of red) and two dry days.

edit. link.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35209597

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived