House Price Crash Forum

Carrying A Smart Phone & Gentlemans Clothing

R K

HOLA441

Inspired by the thread on cycling with a smart phone..........

So, I have always carried a full note size leater wallet about my person. Increasingly this means carrying both a phone and a wallet.

As time passes I realise that I rarely need my wallet apart from a couple of cards & cash notes. gone are the days when one needs to carry a paper driving licence for instance.

So Im considering not carrying the wallet anymore if I can find a suitable leather wallet cum phone cover that serves both purposes. I dont do "plastic". Obviously.

Can anyone recommend one to me? Does a flip cover hinder the use of the phone/camera? Am I better off keeping them separate? Form v function? etc etc.....

edit: typo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I know a couple of girls whose phone case contains their cards and banknotes. It seems eminently sensible to me. Blokes don't ten to because they carry around a lot more in their wallets; but they don't need to carry all of that.

I have always had a flip cover for my mobile phone since smashing the screen with a sort drop onto gravel of my first one; £75 bill never again.

These are very good at £2.45 no P&P and I will be getting one to replace my dull black one next.

$(KGrHqUOKpYFIs52TtOtBSMud)B(ZQ~~60_35.J

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RETRO-LUXURY-LEATHER-WALLET-FLIP-BOOK-CARD-SLOTS-CASE-COVER-FOR-MOBILE-PHONES-/251337246051?var=550279981540&hash=item3a84de0563:m:mxbYUA3_SOdXyvJWGM7ZWuA

HOLA446
HOLA447

Thing I always want to do is secure things.

So for example I like the fleece with the zipper pocket because you can put the phone in the zipper and zip up with close to zero worry that it will every come out.

I like the smartphone belt case, but it annoys me when you get the ones that go over the belt but don't secure 100%, because they can still fall off. I either want one that threads through (I admit this can be a pain if you want to take it off) or that secures with a press stud or something.

HOLA448
HOLA449

No. I am an intensely boring accountant but don't think it's a good idea to advertise that fact.

I am thinking of revising my work wardrobe as well:

colin-200x200.jpg

Amazingly I met a bloke just like that. He thought himself funnier than I, but I defeated him! :wacko:

And I look like an accountant, not a clown, but that's what makes it funny!

I'm not an accountant BTW. I am an electrical engineer, which is the second least funny job in the Universe. :blink:

HOLA4410

Thing I always want to do is secure things.

So for example I like the fleece with the zipper pocket because you can put the phone in the zipper and zip up with close to zero worry that it will every come out.

I like the smartphone belt case, but it annoys me when you get the ones that go over the belt but don't secure 100%, because they can still fall off. I either want one that threads through (I admit this can be a pain if you want to take it off) or that secures with a press stud or something.

http://www.unbridledrider.com/components/com_ixxocart/images/products/emb%20-%20cellphone%20holster%20%20belt.jpg

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

So Im considering not carrying the wallet anymore if I can find a suitable leather wallet cum phone cover that serves both purposes. I dont do "plastic". Obviously.

Where will you put your condoms?

On second thoughts, don't answer that.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Don't you have to be careful putting smartphones and credit/bedit cards near each other as the cards can get their magnetic strip wiped, or something like that, and they stop working?

I thought it had something to do with testicles

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived