HOLA441
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Is anyone actually watching this?

The brief goal highlights I saw on the news one day last week were laughable. On some of them I was just wondering what on earth the goalkeeper was doing. They appear to let the weakest, direct shots go straight in the net.

HOLA445
HOLA446

The brief goal highlights I saw on the news one day last week were laughable. On some of them I was just wondering what on earth the goalkeeper was doing. They appear to let the weakest, direct shots go straight in the net.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/lazy-*******-has-strong-opinions-about-womens-football-2015060899013

B)

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest eight

Keepers are definitely the weak link. African football used to be similarly afflicted but they have improved out of all recognition in recent years.

Without wishing to be patronising I do think they should play on 9/10th's pitches or something though - the speed of ball movement is probably the biggest giveaway that you're not watching top level men's football.

HOLA4410

I have read a lot online from supporters of the women's game stating it is unfair to compare it to the men's game. I don't think that's correct.

I watch other women's sports and think it's very impressive and quality. I don't think the same when watching women's football.

Gymnastics, athletics, swimming ? Mega impressive.

Football - no.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I have read a lot online from supporters of the women's game stating it is unfair to compare it to the men's game. I don't think that's correct.

I watch other women's sports and think it's very impressive and quality. I don't think the same when watching women's football.

Gymnastics, athletics, swimming ? Mega impressive.

Football - no.

This.

Question though... Why can't women play football? What's the biological reason they're just no good at it? As you see they make fine gymnasts and athletes, but they can't kick a ball. What gives?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I am not sure the reason. Most are pros these days so that's not even an excuse.

Maybe just one of those things they should accept 'isn't their thing' ?

HOLA4416

Maybe their breasts might explode if they dived to save the ball?

HOLA4417

I know that they don't compare to the men's game but you can't under estimate England's women's team.

I would be willing to bet that they would give the best 11 players on HPC a game.

I was asked to train a women's football team a few years ago and I know nothing about football.

I think it was only because I had a couple of trampolines.

HOLA4418

I know that they don't compare to the men's game but you can't under estimate England's women's team.

I would be willing to bet that they would give the best 11 players on HPC a game.

I was asked to train a women's football team a few years ago and I know nothing about football.

I think it was only because I had a couple of trampolines.

Most blokes 5 a sides teams from work on a Tuesday night would give these pros a run for their money.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I think we ought to go back to the true spirit of the Ancient Greeks and for all sports to be played naked.

That was only for blokes though!

HOLA4422

Hips and pelvis? Spatial co-ordination?

Well women generally have wide hips, but not all, and if they have poor spatial coordination, then football is probably not for them.

HOLA4423

England's Lionesses: From the star player who used to sleep on the street to the City analyst in defence, the VERY colourful women footballers putting our useless male prima donnas to shame

29FF43E300000578-0-image-m-31_1435538847

They have lit up the world football stage in a manner their male counterparts can only dream of. England has made it to the semi-finals of the World Cup. RICHARD PRICE introduces the Lionesses.

Apparently one of them is a lesbian.

HOLA4424

England's Lionesses: From the star player who used to sleep on the street to the City analyst in defence, the VERY colourful women footballers putting our useless male prima donnas to shame

29FF43E300000578-0-image-m-31_1435538847

They have lit up the world football stage in a manner their male counterparts can only dream of. England has made it to the semi-finals of the World Cup. RICHARD PRICE introduces the Lionesses.

Apparently one of them is a lesbian.

There must be 11 of them, so statistically, one might be a lesbian. ;)

HOLA4425

Archived