• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I can't be bothered reading the whole thread - but I see blue and brown ....

Yes anyone who voted is being a bit naïve - neither option really describes the on-screen image well. The best description would be "blueish white, and dark greyish beige".

I rekon this is just clever marketing. How many extra do you think have sold since it was "discovered" on Amazon?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Some people usually men I have to say are colour blind. ;)

I'm red green colour blind (or so they tell me).

I can say without any doubt that it looks pale blue and black. I can see a tinge that makes the black look slightly saturated/goldish.. But the light blue is just light blue.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I'm red green colour blind (or so they tell me).

I can say without any doubt that it looks pale blue and black. I can see a tinge that makes the black look slightly saturated/goldish.. But the light blue is just light blue.

I have no colour blindness and I see what you see.

I've tried looking at it every way and while I see "gold flecks" in the banding, I just cannot see where the white is that people speak of.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

there are a lot of colour-blind men about, who don't know that they are colour-blind,

and there's even more mass-hysteria (emperor's new clothes?).

i've been a photographer and multimedia developer for decades so i think it's fair to assume that my colour-perception has been verified with accepted norms,

and the picture (not the physical dress) has a white-balance that renders it as white/ gold for me.

of course, the WB could be corrected to black/blue (and white can be anything) but,

how gold (in isolation) can be interpreted as black, I don't understand.

meanwhile,

11012352_10152913503757284_5204263055572

HOLA4424

there are a lot of colour-blind men about, who don't know that they are colour-blind,

and there's even more mass-hysteria (emperor's new clothes?).

I think the colour-blindness thing is a red herring.. It only effects reds and greens, and even then there are degrees. So for example I can see nearly all shades of red perfectly, however very pale green (particularly lights) just look white to me.

There are studies* that suggest people with red/green colour blindness are actually better at seeing other colours than normal people.. So in the case of blacks, golds and blues I'm afraid we are probably the authority ;-p

Plus the fact that the dress is ACTUALLY blue and black :D

*Color blindness is usually classified as a mild disability, however there are occasional circumstances where it can give an advantage. Some studies conclude that color blind people are better at penetrating certain color camouflages. Such findings may give an evolutionary reason for the high prevalence of redgreen color blindness.[4] There is also a study suggesting that people with some types of color blindness can distinguish colors that people with normal color vision are not able to distinguish.[5]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness

HOLA4425

Plus the fact that the dress is ACTUALLY blue and black :D

talking of red-herrings,..

the *actual colours* in the dress are irrelevant as it's *the picture* we're discussing where clearly the white-balance is messed-up.

but that factoid (and the Kanye/ Bieber etc. endorsements) is I suspect influencing a lot of suggestible folk to mistrust their senses, hence Emperor's clothes.

Archived