House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

White And Gold Or Blue And Black?

Which photograph are we voting on?

Obviously the one on the left is white/gold while the one of the right is blue/black. What is the point of this exactly?

Which photograph are we voting on?

Obviously the one on the left is white/gold while the one of the right is blue/black. What is the point of this exactly?

Some people see the left dress as blue and black. The link explains it.

They're both blue/black.

In real life they may well be, but in the photograph the one on the left is white/gold - presumably the light makes all the difference.

This is surely a wind-up?

To me, clearly blue and black. I can't see how it could be perceived as white and gold (even though the black has a slight yellowish cast due to lighting).

Furthermore, i can't see how variations in rods and cones could account for it either - unless we are talking about a form of (extreme) colour blindness.

There is some suggestion that some people have four rather than three colour sensitive types of cone, and that some people can see into the near-ultra violet.

I understand that a lot of the genes controlling colour vision are on the Y-chromosome, meaning that males are more prone to colur blindness.

To me, clearly blue and black. I can't see how it could be perceived as white and gold (even though the black has a slight yellowish cast due to lighting).

Furthermore, i can't see how variations in rods and cones could account for it either - unless we are talking about a form of (extreme) colour blindness.

There is some suggestion that some people have four rather than three colour sensitive types of cone, and that some people can see into the near-ultra violet.

I understand that a lot of the genes controlling colour vision are on the Y-chromosome, meaning that males are more prone to colur blindness.

It has the quality of a wind-up because there doesn't seem to be any ambiguity about it.

It is either clearly white and gold or clearly blue and black. And it seems really odd that anybody doesn't see it the same way as you do.

I see it as white and gold and am red green colour blind. But there are colleagues who also see white gold who aren't colour blind.

To me they both look blue/black, although the left hand frame is not as saturated as the right hand. Anyway, sampling pixels

R G B

Left(1) 116 120 155 == pale blue

Left(2) 128 137 170 == paler blue

Left(3) 88 71 51 == grey with a touch of gold, perhaps

Left(4) 137 128 113 == lighter grey with a touch of gold

Right(1) 56 70 192 == predominately blue

Right(2) 26 27 32 == dark grey

I can see how the one on the left might be interpreted as perhaps an off-grey/blue, but ostensibly it is White/gold.

Obviously in real life - i.e. not through a lense, I suspect it looks blue/black.

I have near perfect eye sight with zero colour blindness or irregularity of vision. My optician tells me that my eyes are also remarkably healthy and in equally good condition (retina scans).

Maybe the server is configured to send you one of two pictures depending on whether you have an odd or even IP address. :ph34r:

You have anyone with you to experiment with?

_81291393_newdress_zpscutnyjcy.jpg

Hmm... very odd. The pic on the right is a negative of the original, and I see it as grey-white and gold.

And yet... the blue on the left looks similar to the grey-white on the right, and the black on the left isn't that different to the gold on the right.

Does anyone see the right hand pic as blue and black?

re. Happy_renting's post:

Both are white gold. The one on the left is just like white/gold in shadow/semi-low light conditions, or with a slight grey/off blue hint (but still essentially white - albeit a dirty white).