House Price Crash Forum

Paris Shooting Reports At Least 12 Dead

HOLA441
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
Arrests come as the mostly Muslim republic of Chechnya sees mass protests against France over the depiction of the Prophet Mohamed in Charlie Hebdo

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

A 16 year-old teenager

I wonder what proportion of 16-year-olds are in fact teenagers? Dammit, I saw better computer-generated stories 30 years ago!

I guess the message is, TPTB in France are just as big hypocrites as here and in most of the world.

[edit to add] If that one on the left was published immediately after a massacre in Egypt, I'd say that really is seriously offensive. As in, a whole lot worse than my "dirty n******" cartoon thought experiment.

HOLA4410

I wonder what proportion of 16-year-olds are in fact teenagers? Dammit, I saw better computer-generated stories 30 years ago!

I guess the message is, TPTB in France are just as big hypocrites as here and in most of the world.

[edit to add] If that one on the left was published immediately after a massacre in Egypt, I'd say that really is seriously offensive. As in, a whole lot worse than my "dirty n******" cartoon thought experiment.

what date was that cartoon posted...cant actually see it on the hebdo website, but plenty of blogs showing it..is it real?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Do you think that the Islamic nutjobs girlfriend is actually on the run and the French Police are indeed looking for her... or is she in a basement somewhere having a chat with French intelligence officers?

The role of women in the t, murders, beheadings, etc, is fascinating. Women are basically thought of lower than animals in Islam - it says so in their book somewhere and hence why women are not supposed to have any education, not talk out of turn and wear veils or headscarves to 'hide their shame'.

But you have these, often western converts, who get caught up in the most brutal aspects of Islam. I think they do so because they think it makes them different to all the other muslim women - it makes them think that they are special. They get the inside lowdown on when the next beheading or brutal murder is going to take place. Hence they must be better than other women because are treating them as equals - what a sexual turn-on that must be!

PSYCHOPATHS.

I think you are projecting "subterranean disquiet"

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

A 16 year-old teenager in France was indicted for glorifying terrorism after he published a cartoon representing a character with the Charlie Hebdo journal, hit by bullets, with an accompanying ironic comment.

Cartoon%2BCharlie%2Bis%2Bshit.jpg

http://vineyardsaker.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/glorification-of-terrorism-teenager.html

"Does the image... fall under freedom of expression or is it considered offensive by the 'freedom loving' world?"

It can be both, actually. Being offensive is part of freedom of expression.

HOLA4416

"Does the image... fall under freedom of expression or is it considered offensive by the 'freedom loving' world?"

It can be both, actually. Being offensive is part of freedom of expression.

except the quote under appears to be a lie as the cartoon appeared one month before the massacre...I stand to be corrected

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

If the image on the left hasn't been altered then it does appear to refer to a massacre in Egypt in the text in the top left of the cartoon.

it does...maybe they knew something, or maybe the killing was much worse than reported here and for longer.

HOLA4419

it does...maybe they knew something, or maybe the killing was much worse than reported here and for longer.

Sisi massacred opponents repeatedly since deposing the elected government. Many in the West have tended to be a little halfhearted in condemning him, as if he were no worse than Mubarak.

HOLA4420

except the quote under appears to be a lie as the cartoon appeared one month before the massacre...I stand to be corrected

wiki: 2013 Republican Guard headquarters clashes

Only 50 odd souls, barely worth registering. Maybe if it had happened in a Western country or someone had stuck a few videos up on YT it might be better known.

edit: atrocities are a bit like free speech issues imo. TPTB carefully pick, choose and make a thoroughly hypocritical meal of the instances that suit their agenda, blow off those that don't

edit#2: that cover, mocking non kevlar bound qurans, appears to revel in the massacre of largely peaceful demonstrators. It's arguable that the person who knocked up the parody of the cover has a better understanding of how grubby that is and was simply making a point, rather than gloating over the murder of the people in Paris.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Most Russians think Charlie Hebdo tragedy provoked by journalists themselves - poll

A large part of Russian society thinks the terrorist attack on the Charlie Hebdo magazine was prompted by the journalists themselves. Many said they didn’t approve of the attackers’ actions, but understood them.

The largest group of responders – 30 percent – said in their view the tragedy must be blamed on the “behavior of the French journalists who insulted Muslim religious values.”Twenty-five percent answered that the blame lies with the French government for allowing such insults in the first place. Another 11 percent said the French Government was responsible for the events because it had allowed too many Muslims into the country.

http://rt.com/politics/226335-russian-charlie-hebdo-poll/

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
BREAKING NEWS: Three soldiers are stabbed while on anti-terror patrol at French Jewish community centre - and attacker has same surname as kosher deli killer
254DE7B100000578-0-image-a-27_1422978594

Three soldiers on an anti-terror patrol outside a Jewish community centre in Nice on the French Riviera have been attacked by a man with a knife. One soldier suffered facial injuries, another to the arm, but the full extent of their injuries is not yet clear, local media reports. The attacker has been detained but two people who were with him during the attack are believed to have fled after the stabbing.

Archived