House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Paris Shooting Reports At Least 12 Dead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30710883

Gunmen have attacked the Paris office of French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, killing 12 people and injuring seven, French officials say.

At least two masked attackers opened fire with assault rifles in the office and exchanged shots with police in the street outside before escaping by car.

President Francois Hollande said there was no doubt it had been a terrorist attack "of exceptional barbarity".

A major police operation is under way in the Paris area to catch the killers.

Yet another attack.

Nasty. Hope they catch the (right) culprit(s) without delay.

However, I smell hypocrisy in our (Brit) prime minister condemning it. On his watch they're locking people up merely for being a***holes on twitter. OK, killing is more drastic than locking up, but then the whole process of locking them up isn't an option when you're not The State.

There aren't many UK politicians of any party who could condemn this attack and keep their own integrity intact. Maybe David Davis?

Explains why my FaceBook newsfeed's been jammed up all day with people claiming to be Charlie.

Thought it was some kind of film reference!

Sky news reporting is flattering the terrorists at the moment, calling them experienced, calm, well trained. The reporter even compliments their "precision shooting".

"They had as much control over their weapons as their nerves".

Is it just me or does it seem a bit odd?

Sky news reporting is flattering the terrorists at the moment, calling them experienced, calm, well trained. The reporter even compliments their "precision shooting".

Frank Gardner on the Beeb said much the same, but he stressed that he was not expressing admiration, just stating abhorrent facts.

Who are the Charlie Hebdo gunmen? Brothers 'trained in Yemen as assassins before slaughtering 12 at Paris magazine'

247DCB4A00000578-0-image-a-71_1420675365

The trio, named last night as French Algerian brothers Said and Cherif Kouachi, 34 and 32, and 18-year-old Hamyd Mourad, shouted to a witness that they were from Yemen.

We already appear to know a lot about the back story of these individuals in less than 24 hours.

Frank Gardner on the Beeb said much the same, but he stressed that he was not expressing admiration, just stating abhorrent facts.

I don't know why such facts need to be stated or their skill evaluated/speculated upon. It seems to me that the best thing one could do with such a story is convey it as simply possible with as little talking up as possible. Otherwise you just giving succour to the criminals and future wannabes. Give them less rather than more attention. A simple 30 second bulletin stating the suspect's names/photos and the numbers dead/injured - would be better than the 24 hour obsessing about every detail/inviting experts to speculate etc.

Not so much ambiguous as plain old-fashioned-racist in this context. Your title is altogether better.

Ooooh I never knew Islam was a race.

A political and moral system, perhaps, and so basically someone's point of view, but a race of people? I don't think so.

This incident is very odd. Usually an islamist terror attck is a suicide mission. Here they had a well-planned escape.

They appear to have had military training and allegedly used hand signals typically used by Western forces.

And having succesfully made an escape, one person who was allegedly in the trio hands himself in to police after seeing himself named on social media.

PARIS ATTACK: ANALYSIS The way they used their weapons could only be a result of prolonged training

The Indy offering the same analysis as above that it was a military precision operation.

Guest Jemmy Button

I don't know why such facts need to be stated or their skill evaluated/speculated upon. It seems to me that the best thing one could do with such a story is convey it as simply possible with as little talking up as possible. Otherwise you just giving succour to the criminals and future wannabes. Give them less rather than more attention. A simple 30 second bulletin stating the suspect's names/photos and the numbers dead/injured - would be better than the 24 hour obsessing about every detail/inviting experts to speculate etc.

The fact is the MSM have a collective orgasm over this kind of atrocity. They love it. And it keeps Airmiles Andy off the front page too.

Every paper in the free world should publish the offending cartoons on their front pages,

Time a line was drawn in the sand.

This would pee off the attackers more than anything.

The West has already seen off and marginalised another ancient, backward religion in christianity and is obviously far better off for doing so.

We should make a stand and not succumb to another one and be plunged into another Dark Age.

Every paper in the free world should publish the offending cartoons on their front pages,

Time a line was drawn in the sand.

This would pee off the attackers more than anything.

The West has already seen off and marginalised another ancient, backward religion in christianity and is obviously far better off for doing so.

We should make a stand and not succumb to another one and be plunged into another Dark Age.

so you really believe these highly skilled and armed attackers suddenly got angry about a few cartoons and murdered 12 people because they insulted a brand of religion?

Seems a waste of resources to me...If that really is the extent of their fervour, then, really, they really are too stupid...but stupid is as stupid does...and tolerance is what they aim to break...all groups of people have their sheeple...and setting one set of sheep against another could be their aim.

appeasers and agressors both have vaild cases.

The clusters of shots around car windscreens show killers carried out their deadly mission with military precision

PARIS ATTACK: ANALYSIS The way they used their weapons could only be a result of prolonged training

The Indy offering the same analysis as above that it was a military precision operation.

OK, so the questions are, were they trained, if so when, and who by?

They shaded over the close together shots to show how close and controlled they were... ignoring the half dozen on the other side a bit more randomly places.

Has there been another shooting in south paris?